• Please log in to reply
800 replies to this topic

#341 miguelitoxrox

miguelitoxrox

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hi Soulflier, I have a question...

is possible what the battery is charged while using the tablet?

#342 oktubr3

oktubr3

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hello friends, I tell them as I did to activate the connection to adhoc networks with this ROM, thanks to that can connect to wifi on their cell phones ...

- With Root Explorer go to the folder /system/bin, locate the file wpa_supplicant and rename it to wpa_supplicant_bkp
- Paste the contents of wpa_supplicant.zip attached in this post in /system/bin
- To the new wpa_supplicant apply the same permissions that had the old wpa_supplicant
- Turn off the wifi and turn on wifi
- It's all folks!

If something does not work you can turn back deleting the new wpa_supplicant and renaming the old.

Hope this helps everyone, sorry for my poor English.

Attached Files

#343 kully

kully

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

There was no attachment to your post.

There was no attachment to your post.

#344 Soulflier

Soulflier

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

Hi Soulflier, I have a question...

is possible what the battery is charged while using the tablet?

Yes you can charge it while using. You can charge it through USB or through the DC port. Charging through the DC port may cause touch errors (I guess the DC charger port of the tablet is not shielded properly)

#345 badstar

badstar

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:36 AM

I'm a total noob at this. I haven't had a different tablet before other than my ipad. Elf 2 is growing on me and I'm really liking it except that I hat that a lot of things wouldn't work so I decided to install this. But I failed, multiple times.

Followed the instructions. This came up though:
"Signature verification failed. Installation aborted."
What does that mean?

#346 cannabalisme

cannabalisme

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

thx for the much promissing rom mate, gonna instal this one asap !! :)
what i like the most about this rom is that the external sd becomes the internal one ;)
when i bought my tablet i accedantly bought the 8GB version in a haste :'(
but this will make that up again , cheers !

#347 emrekara

emrekara

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hi Soulflier
I have a problem with darkelf 1.0 rom. I have setup two of gameloft game. All of the games recognize screen resolution wrong(smaller then what must it be). When I examine the build.prop I saw that ro.product.model was Samsung. I think this is wrong. It must be GT-I9100.I cant try the games again but I think the solution of my problem is this. What do you think?

Edited by emrekara, 13 July 2012 - 05:26 PM.

#348 kiza

kiza

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

Yes you can charge it while using. You can charge it through USB or through the DC port. Charging through the DC port may cause touch errors (I guess the DC charger port of the tablet is not shielded properly)

Is there any reason why there are touch screen problems with DC charger switched ON, but no problems when switched OFF and still plugged?

#349 PedroSoto

PedroSoto

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hello, I'm testing the rom intensively, and several bugs reported

1.- Unstable and less wireless signal strength, compared to version 0. 8
2.- if wifi on and tablet go to sleep mode, don't wake up, need press 10 second to turn off and then power on
3.- flash player work unstable, possible solution is to install the rom version Feiyu(script copy libraries)
4.- Battery not calibration don't down for much time to100%, power off between 25 to 15%

Rom is very good in speed and power consumption, antutu score 8200
10 hours battery using wifi, playing games (FFIII, virtual tenis, PES 2012) in powersaving mode and brightness to the minimum

Sorry for my English @soulflier I hope to understand me, good job I testing your roms happy :-)

#350 PedroSoto

PedroSoto

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Lol Forget to antutu screen shoot
Posted Image

#351 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

that's pretty nice score comparing to the one i watched on youtube which was 7666
any ways on gettind near the Asus transformer which was almost 10 000 :D

so basically the processor can be clocked to maximum 1500mhz ? anyone tried beyound that ?

#352 PedroSoto

PedroSoto

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

that's pretty nice score comparing to the one i watched on youtube which was 7666
any ways on gettind near the Asus transformer which was almost 10 000 :D

so basically the processor can be clocked to maximum 1500mhz ? anyone tried beyound that ?

Clock work at 1320 in darkelf v1.0 score 8200
In versión 0.8 works at 1500mhz score between 7400 to 7600
I test any versions darkelf rom
The rom are to close to the stable and performance some errors know :-)
My English is bad I try to help, I. Need more info in Spanish to work in dev xD

#353 Thugnificent

Thugnificent

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

I'm a total noob at this. I haven't had a different tablet before other than my ipad. Elf 2 is growing on me and I'm really liking it except that I hat that a lot of things wouldn't work so I decided to install this. But I failed, multiple times.

Followed the instructions. This came up though:
"Signature verification failed. Installation aborted."
What does that mean?

you need to check an option in settings which says "allow installations from unknown sources" to be able to install apps other then android market.

#354 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

Clock work at 1320 in darkelf v1.0 score 8200
In versión 0.8 works at 1500mhz score between 7400 to 7600
I test any versions darkelf rom
The rom are to close to the stable and performance some errors know :-)
My English is bad I try to help, I. Need more info in Spanish to work in dev xD

so basically i think it is the firmware that will give you the boost so latest 0626 gives you the speed :)
better compiling probably

now if some developer can compare the old and new firmware and see what is the main factor that caused that kind of boost and maybe improve it more

but again without source code not possible ?

Edited by mite_jan, 14 July 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#355 RatCamper

RatCamper

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

so what is the model name exactly that should be in build.prop? I'm seeing "Samsung Samsung" too.

#356 aneesp

aneesp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

http://www.apad.tv/apadforum/showthread.php?2805-Elf-II-ROM-DarkElf-Custom-ROM-for-Ainol-NOVO7-Elf-II

A microSD card is needed for this ROM to work correctly!

V1.0

Changes:•Based on 0626 official firmware (less heat)
•Google Play updated to 3.7.13
•Gmail updated to 4.0.5
•Flash Player from the 0626 official firmware
•Lower max CPU speed (0626 kernel limitation)

Features:•Based on the 20120626 firmware
•The rom does not wipe data. Wipe the data partition manually if you have Force Close issues or app errors.
•Google Play (Market) installed
•Google Play Store compatibility fix
•Other Google Apps installed
•SetupWizard starts on first startup
•Face Unlock added
•Rooted
•You can select your language on the first screen of the SetupWizard, default location is US
•Themed bootanimation
•Deodexed
•Option to auto-hide/always hide status bar, in other words full screen mode (The default is auto-hide, you can go to Settings->Display->Hide status bar to change it)
•Physical Home button works as Back button, the long press of the Home button works as Home
•The microSD is mounted as /sdcard/ and the internalSD is mounted as /sdcard/external_sdcard.
In Settings->Storage the internalSD and externalSD are switched so what you can see at Internal SDcard is in fact the microSD card and what you see at External SDcard is really the internal flash memory of the Elf. For formatting the internalSD use Settings->format sdcard or recovery->wipe media partition, for formatting the microSD use a PC (card reader or connect the tablet via usb).
•Apps can be installed on the SD without problems.
For those who still want to use the internalSD as sdcard here is a revert patch: Download1, Download2
•Additional languages (language list: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, German, Greek, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, Croatian, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian, Lettish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Thai, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Chinese).
•Upgrade application for easier update installs
•Preinstalled Flash Player
•Ability to change the touch input in HDMI mode (Settings->HDMI): Dualdisplay(absolute - the touch is recognized where you actually touch on the display, good for games), Normal(relative - just like a notebook touchpad. The original firmwares and the previous DarkElfs had this as default.)
http://youtu.be/OWkEegR4Iwg?hd=1
(note: the Elf II cannot display image on the panel and on HDMI at the same time. When in Dualdisplay mode there is no image on the Elf itself, so you have to guess where to place your finger.)
•Trebuchet launcher
•build.prop mods:
Device model set to Samsung GT-I9100 for Gameloft games compatibility

WiFi scan interval = 180

Sleep policy enabled

GPS enabled (the Elf II does not have internal GPS, this update is for external GPS device support only. Use TetherGPS application to share your phone's GPS signal with your Elf II)

HDMI supports 480p output (720x480 progressive)

Camera's pictures are stored on SD first

adb enabled by default

CPU modes set to: power saving=600MHz, normal=1000MHz, performance=1320MHz

Future features:• Bluetooth dongle support
• USB Gamepad support

How to install:1.Copy the DarkElf_v0.7.zip to your SDcard
2.Charge up the battery
3.Power off the Elf II and remove the charger
4.Press and hold the Power button and the Volume- button at the same time. When the green droid appears you can release the buttons.
5.In the recovery you can move with the Volume- button, you can select with Power or Volume+
6.Select apply update from sdcard
7.Select DarkElf_v0.7.zip
8.Wait for the update to finish
9.Select reboot system now

*FOR THOSE WITHOUT SDCARD FLASH THIS STRAIGHT AFTER THE ROM*
http://www.mediafire...9hza28y6j2bth0e

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire...52l414jj255q3w1
or
https://docs.google....oSlU/edit?pli=1

For a decent boot animation get this

http://www.mediafire...r28nnaxqsaw2qef

Instructions
1.Copy To SD Card
2.Backup your Boot animation If needed (system/media)
3.Copy This File Overwriting The old bootanimation.zip in System/Media (I use ES File Explorer, make sure to check root and system write in settings)

Hi,
Thanks for the upload.
Is there any way to change device model number ro NOVO7 ELF II back. I don't really need that game suport. Infact I would like to mention that my tab is ainol rather than samsung.:-)
Pls help

Thanx

#357 RatCamper

RatCamper

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Good luck with that. I tried changing the build.prop a few different ways and it keeps reverting. The most recent attempt I used ADB to remount /system as rw, and used vi which is apparently installed on the tab to edit build.prop, told it to reboot and play still says it's a Samsung Samsung. Another semi unrelated pet peeve is that all mention of Minecraft PE (Which I payed for multiple times because of their stupid billing) has completely vanished :( That however could be unrelated.

In all the tablet is working better than ever. Thanks for the ROM.

#358 aneesp

aneesp

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

Good luck with that. I tried changing the build.prop a few different ways and it keeps reverting. The most recent attempt I used ADB to remount /system as rw, and used vi which is apparently installed on the tab to edit build.prop, told it to reboot and play still says it's a Samsung Samsung. Another semi unrelated pet peeve is that all mention of Minecraft PE (Which I payed for multiple times because of their stupid billing) has completely vanished :( That however could be unrelated.

In all the tablet is working better than ever. Thanks for the ROM.

Hi ratcamper,
You have showd the light. I just opened build.prop for editing and changed device model number and manufacturer name. It worked. After rebooting, it got changed to ainol.:-)
I don't know why u r unlucky inn this. Good luck for you

Thanx

#359 RatCamper

RatCamper

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

It just clobbered the internal SD again. :angry:

I found something n the Ainol Novo site which aligns with something I was suspecting. That USB debugging may be interfering with USB data transfers. Both times the internal SD have failed it has been after a transfer. http://www.ainol-novo.com/news/ Scroll down a bit.
They don't offer an explanation but it seems a little odd that they tell people to disable USB debugging for file transfers, don't you think?

edit: Nice. Didn't see that they will be upgrading to 4.1 with a firmware update.

Edited by RatCamper, 15 July 2012 - 04:34 AM.

#360 elfish

elfish

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

Hi ratcamper,
You have showd the light. I just opened build.prop for editing and changed device model number and manufacturer name. It worked. After rebooting, it got changed to ainol.:-)
I don't know why u r unlucky inn this. Good luck for you

Thanx

Hi aneesp
how do you open build prop for editing?
I can view the file in root explorer but don't know how to edit it
thanks
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users