Photo

[Script] - Gemei G9T Dual Core - STOCK - Tasselhof - ROOT, Market, Build.Prop & Tweaks SuperScript

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 JL8472

JL8472

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:58 AM

Hey guys i need some help... I used the G9T_root.zip and sucessfully rooted my G6 8" tablet, I downloaded LCD density and set it to 140dpi. Now i get Unfortunately, Launcher has stooped. message and can't change back! help plz!

#42 GustavoBGuerra

GustavoBGuerra

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hi guys,
Thanks so much! I checked to make sure my GEMEI is root, saw Sureties n Root Explorer. Used Root Explorer to do all those stuff mentions:

1) copy over Build.Prop.

2) permissions x 4 files, changed eissions to "Read Write, Read, Read" for these files.

3) noticed the Red Perimeter are the screen everything I try to change settings: changed "type=Eng" to "Type=user" in BuildProp (using Es Text editors n save it) - still not successful though. Still trying.... [^_^] at least now it is rooted.....

I cleared cache n data of Google Play, but still got quite alot of apps cannt be installed, a small amount of App did open up for installation. Any advise?

Having problem w Youtube. I tried to download all for earlier version, when asked if want to Install, I can't seem to select "Install" as nothing happens. I can select "cancel" thou... bleah. Can any1 provide link to dwnload the correct apk?

I need to reboot the tablet, it means to shutdown n restart again right?
I even went to Reboot frm recovery (hold back button n power tog) and "reboot frm System". Correct?

Hey JS... can you give me the links of the files you used to root yours? I'm a little bit confused with all those stuffs, scripts, etc.

By the way, I havin issues with Youtube app too. Actually, it is FCing when trying to open it. I reinstalled from GPlay, installed another .apk from outside, nothing solved.

Thanks!

#43 GustavoBGuerra

GustavoBGuerra

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Hey JS... can you give me the links of the files you used to root yours? I'm a little bit confused with all those stuffs, scripts, etc.

By the way, I havin issues with Youtube app too. Actually, it is FCing when trying to open it. I reinstalled from GPlay, installed another .apk from outside, nothing solved.

Thanks!

JS, forget it... I got it!!! My device (G9TM) is rooted and tweaked (build.prop and xml). I am now getting rid of chinese apps, enjoying Chrome and other apps.

For those who are having issues with youtube (forced close), this apk worked for me: http://db.tt/Y4QGxJBh

#44 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

JS, forget it... I got it!!! My device (G9TM) is rooted and tweaked (build.prop and xml). I am now getting rid of chinese apps, enjoying Chrome and other apps.

For those who are having issues with youtube (forced close), this apk worked for me: http://db.tt/Y4QGxJBh

Hi Gus,
superb! In a matter of 4hrs, u resolved everything! It took me 2 wks to gt my Gemini rooted n niw I heard e new firmware is alrrady rooted. HahahaH!

I had other issues thou, I tried to extend my battery life by using This application call BATTERY CALIBRATION but niw it's kinda erratic! I swear I justjusw it was at 32% when I unplug frm e charger n then it became 100%! What happened? Any advise? I am already on AIRPLANE MODE n DIM FLITER.... [>_<]

Read that e new firmware is resolving e battery stuck at 100% mode... I shall try it out.... =]
Will report later....

#45 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hi,

I am so busted.... I went to download n install e new frimware (mine is a G9TM) n now everything is haywire.... google playstore wun work n keep crashing, I tried dwnloading apk but it jus crashes after I installed n open. Same w Gmail app.....

Of cos Superuser n root explorer no long available too.... help!!!!!
Jus as I thot I resolved all my problem, serve me right ...argh... help?

1) Restore Previous Firmware? Anyone has a copy? n Please Teach me how to....
2) Any advise on How to resolve the problem?

#46 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

Hi,

I am so busted.... I went to download n install e new frimware (mine is a G9TM) n now everything is haywire.... google playstore wun work n keep crashing, I tried dwnloading apk but it jus crashes after I installed n open. Same w Gmail app.....

Of cos Superuser n root explorer no long available too.... help!!!!!
Jus as I thot I resolved all my problem, serve me right ...argh... help?

1) Restore Previous Firmware? Anyone has a copy? n Please Teach me how to....
2) Any advise on How to resolve the problem?

Try clearing data of the playstore (settings, apps, select playstore and clear data. Do the same thing for Gmail.

#47 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:48 AM

Try clearing data of the playstore (settings, apps, select playstore and clear data. Do the same thing for Gmail.

I am so sad now...
there isnt even the Google Play Store app n Gmail app in factory reset now.... Boohoo.... i am so screwed now.... n i can barely read Chinese...

Where r u from Stoned? Like same time zone as me, i am from Singapore.... (^_^)

#48 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Now sure I understand what you mean. You wanted to do a factory reset? I agree that factory reset could also work but I wouldn't go that way before doing the clear cache/data.

From settings, choose Aps, Select All from the top menu, find Gmail then click on Clear data. Do the same thing for the market. If it doesn't then do a factory reset (that just simply remove any apps you installed and your settings, it won't remove the update. To do so, click on Backup and Reset and choose Factory data reset. I'm sorry the options could be slightly different since I don't have the G9T with me (in fact I don't own it, it's my friend's tablet) so I'm using my Galaxy S3 to guide you.

I'm from Canada by the way, so different Timezone. :)

#49 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Now sure I understand what you mean. You wanted to do a factory reset? I agree that factory reset could also work but I wouldn't go that way before doing the clear cache/data.

From settings, choose Aps, Select All from the top menu, find Gmail then click on Clear data. Do the same thing for the market. If it doesn't then do a factory reset (that just simply remove any apps you installed and your settings, it won't remove the update. To do so, click on Backup and Reset and choose Factory data reset. I'm sorry the options could be slightly different since I don't have the G9T with me (in fact I don't own it, it's my friend's tablet) so I'm using my Galaxy S3 to guide you.

I'm from Canada by the way, so different Timezone. :)

Hi Stoned99,

I did that Factory Data Reset function already (Yes, I am that desperate!!) Haha!
But i guess my firmware is now screwed (after I updated the latest-dated Nov), i need to get it up to the original firmware (mayb Gingerbread or ics)...

Do u have a copy?

#50 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

If you have a G9TM I don't have a copy. If it's G9T, you can find it on Gemei website. http://www.gemeitech...en/Download.asp

#51 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

If you have a G9TM I don't have a copy. If it's G9T, you can find it on Gemei website. http://www.gemeitech...en/Download.asp

The problem is I m nt sure which one is the original factory, I can't read chinese v well. Plus... I have difficulty extractimg RAR files.... or getting my laptop to recognise my device, so I used e "TF card' extract GT9.zip method" frm recovery mode....

#52 Fandr0id

Fandr0id

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

I suggest you use the only one Firmware Gemei has on their site (V. 2.34). You won't find another one. As your system seems to be screwed up, ploblems might be solved by fresh install.
For extracting just use 7zip, it's open source or freeware.

#53 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

I suggest you use the only one Firmware Gemei has on their site (V. 2.34). You won't find another one. As your system seems to be screwed up, ploblems might be solved by fresh install.
For extracting just use 7zip, it's open source or freeware.

Oh, I saw that zip file already. Download.
Looks like have to use Livesuit.exe. (a process which i failed many times n gave up...)

1) Followed instructions. off Tablet (hold power buttons for 10secs - off)
2) Run Livesuit.exe, select <FORMAT>, <NO>- for new image,
3) Holding Vol +, Connect cable, press n release Power button 10 times, release ALL buttons. - Nothing happens... status bar still at 0%
tried this too:
Holding Vol +, Connect cable, press n release Power button 10 times, HOLD ALL buttons till next Livesuit window appear, but very long wait (how long does it usually take?) n Nothing happens... status bar still at 0%

So i cannot even update to v.2.3.4... any advise?

Edited by JS Ng, 06 November 2012 - 08:08 AM.

#54 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Hi,

I have managed to resolve all the problems i faced after sleeping on it for 2 days (passively thinking of solutions). Hahah!

I restored with last firmware 20120726 version via TF card in recovery boot mode,
update from G9T_root.zip file, then Gemei G9T xmlfiles and build.prop.zip file (copy build.prop file n permissions etc)

Reboot n viola....thank you so much for ur advise!

#55 piotrjw

piotrjw

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Any news about the custom emei G6?

#56 ripplevan

ripplevan

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

http://s1117.beta.ph...-09-07.png.html
http://s1117.beta.ph...-26-58.png.html

Hi I have tried rooting and update the g9t20120726 & g9t 404 std ROM.
I tried many methods to g9troot.zip, tasselhof rootscipt, root with restore v17.

seems to unable to root it.
Any pointers anybody.

I took a screenshot of my tablet

#57 topgan

topgan

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hi,

I guess I am back to the corner. i tried to root it as indicated here but still not successful. Anyone live in Singapore and perhap we can meet up.

Thanks & Rgds

#58 topgan

topgan

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Whenever I try to run superoneclick2.3 anti virus will block a program "hacktool" and prevented the program from running.

#59 mandrea

mandrea

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

hola a todos los foristas ,soy de nacionalidad Colombiana
espero despejar muchas inquietudes acerca de una tablet que adquirí
Es una idolian TurboS: con androit 2.2 y no tengo un firmware para poderla actualizar

CPU: ARM cortex A9 dual core@1GMHZ
MEMORIA: DDR 2 RAM 512MB
WIRELESS: IEEE80211b
renesas_emev-eng 2.2.1 MÁSTER eng.hengai.20111229-104417
VERSIÓN NÚCLEO: 2.6.29 hengai@and-sers 2#11229

La verdad no se mucho del tema pero a usd les agradecería si me ayudan para una actualización
de la tablet o me digan si se puede o no
A ustedes Srs del foro un cordial saludo de amistad

Mod Edit: Please use English language when posting replies in this forum. Thanks and welcome to SLD. :)

Google translation:

hello to all forum members, I am a Colombian national
I hope to dispel many concerns about a tablet that I acquired
It is a idolian Turbos: with Androit 2.2 and I have not a firmware upgrade so it can be

CPU: ARM Cortex A9 Dual core @ 1GMHz
MEMORY: 512MB DDR 2 RAM
WIRELESS: IEEE80211b
renesas_emev-eng 2.2.1 MASTER eng.hengai.20111229-104417
KERNEL VERSION: 2.6.29 hengai @ and-sers 2 # 11229

The truth is not much about it but I would appreciate if usd help me for an update
the tablet or if you can tell me or not
A Forum Srs you a cordial friendship

//edit

Edited by mrsburnout, 22 February 2013 - 06:58 AM.
added translation