Photo

[Script] - Gemei G9T Dual Core - STOCK - Tasselhof - ROOT, Market, Build.Prop & Tweaks SuperScript

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Hi,

attached the g9t_root.zip
I tested it on my G9t with 4.04 (8.22). It works!

Thanks a lot ethaler, I guess your chinese is better than mine :)

Successfully rooted with thatFor people wondering here are the steps
1- Download the g9_root.zip file
2- make sure your sd card is formatted as a TF card and then copy the zip file on the card
3- Boot in recovery, choose the option to install from cache. It will then install and reboot
4- copy the build.prop previously attached by Kobra. I also edited the line of the version in the build.prop to say 4.0.4 instead of 4.0.3 as I like to know on which version I am
5- copy all other files (xml files) with correct permissions.

reboot and enjoy a market with much more stuff available. Some is not available thought for me. I might do some other modification to the build.prop and let you know if I have something working better

#22 popp87

popp87

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

I just bought this tablet and I am lost in trying to figure out how to get rid of the random Chinese pop-up. Any help would be much appreciated.

#23 anton_pm

anton_pm

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:37 AM

2- make sure your sd card is formatted as a TF card and then copy the zip file on the card
3- Boot in recovery, choose the option to install from cache. It will then install and reboot
4- copy the build.prop previously attached by Kobra. I also edited the line of the version in the build.prop to say 4.0.4 instead of 4.0.3 as I like to know on which version I am

reboot and enjoy a market with much more stuff available. Some is not available thought for me. I might do some other modification to the build.prop and let you know if I have something working better

Hope someone can help here - I've run up to point 3 (I had to reboot manually though) - the install seemed to have worked, but when I reboot back into the OS, I don't seem to have root (can't edit file perms of the files mentioned in step 4 and root checker app states I don't have root). All I have done is run the script mentioned above, I don't know if I have to run Tasselhofs script mentioned at the start of this section - I have tried this, but I don't have the usb drivers (ones included with T's pack didn't work).

Cheers,

Anton

#24 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:07 AM

Hope someone can help here - I've run up to point 3 (I had to reboot manually though) - the install seemed to have worked, but when I reboot back into the OS, I don't seem to have root (can't edit file perms of the files mentioned in step 4 and root checker app states I don't have root). All I have done is run the script mentioned above, I don't know if I have to run Tasselhofs script mentioned at the start of this section - I have tried this, but I don't have the usb drivers (ones included with T's pack didn't work).

Cheers,

Anton

Make sure the files from the 4.0.4 firmware are removed from your sdcard. I'm under the impression that when you boot into recovery it's reinstalling the rom (firmware). Delete the files on the sd card except for the g9troot.zip. Boot into recovery and select the install from sdcard or cache option. You don't need to do the instructions in the OP, these are obsolete for 4.0.4 OS.

#25 anton_pm

anton_pm

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Make sure the files from the 4.0.4 firmware are removed from your sdcard. I'm under the impression that when you boot into recovery it's reinstalling the rom (firmware). Delete the files on the sd card except for the g9troot.zip. Boot into recovery and select the install from sdcard or cache option. You don't need to do the instructions in the OP, these are obsolete for 4.0.4 OS.

Thanks, this worked nicely. There were some other files on the card, not actually the official firmware, but removing them helped and I left the script zipped. So my advice to all is - format the sd card, copy over the zip, leave it alone and then reboot admin mode.

#26 anonyymi_007

anonyymi_007

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Couple of things noticed when I upgraded to 4.0.4.

One of the 2GB SD-cards just did not work for me, it could not mount it. I changed to another 2GB card + I downloaded newer english (my Chinese is bad :-) version of USB image write tool. Don't know which one actually did the trick.

Step 3. - I think you should select install from SD card and select the G9T_root.zip to be installed. Actually, What is that "install from cache", Cache from where?

#27 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:08 AM

Yes, it's possible so it's install from sdcard, I can't remember as I don't have my friend's tablet anymore. He will give my his parent's tablet this evening to root it so I'll see what's the real install option name.

#28 topgan

topgan

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:11 PM

Dear ALl,

I am new to this root as I just got my Gemei 2 week ago and can't access many maket app. I am in the same position as Anton.

I dont seem to have root it when I tried battery calibration it said my tablet not root yet.

Rgds

#29 anton_pm

anton_pm

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

Dear ALl,

I am new to this root as I just got my Gemei 2 week ago and can't access many maket app. I am in the same position as Anton.

I dont seem to have root it when I tried battery calibration it said my tablet not root yet.

Rgds

Hi - have a look at my last post. Pop the .zip onto a newly formated SD (don't unzip it), boot into admin mode (turn off the unit, hold the "back" button) and power on at the same time). Once there, update from the sd card - you'll see the .zip. The installer will run.

After this, I had root and could put all the updated files in place to get more market etc.

#30 GustavoBGuerra

GustavoBGuerra

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Hi mr Tasselhof. Congrats for your work till now.

I'v just bought the fresh released one by Gemei, it's G9TM. Do you know if I can use your scripts?

Its a Cortex A9 1.5 Dual Core equipped device.

See attached some informations about the device, and also on this link (at least the latin characters): http://www.gemeitech...sp?Proname=G9TM

Thanks

Attached Files

#31 Nitrous83

Nitrous83

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

does anyone knows how i can play videos from youtube???

#32 Jason Matsoukas

Jason Matsoukas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

does anyone knows how i can play videos from youtube???

Do not download youtube from Google Play.

Instead, find version 4.0.8

#33 thesouth1

thesouth1

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Just incase anyone is interested, this process also works on the Gemei G6. It loaded just as they said it would on the G9. Thank you for the information, as I am now Rooted! :good:

#34 Nitrous83

Nitrous83

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

i have change buld.prom(Gemei G9T xmlfiles and build.prop) with this files and i have an issue when i have change in my setting a red panel appears arouns the screen !!!

#35 stoned99

stoned99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

i have change buld.prom(Gemei G9T xmlfiles and build.prop) with this files and i have an issue when i have change in my setting a red panel appears arouns the screen !!!

Read the thread it's been mentionned a few times how to change it.
Edit buid.prop, change type=en to type=user

#36 Nitrous83

Nitrous83

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Read the thread it's been mentionned a few times how to change it.
Edit buid.prop, change type=en to type=user

thanks i repair the issue!

#37 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

Hi guys,
I dont know what i did wrong.

Trying to root my GEMEI G9TM using the MicroSD Card (TF) method.

1) Downloaded all neccessary zip file (g9_root.zip & Gemei G9T xmlfiles and build.prop.zip),
kept g9_root file Zipped, save into TF card.

2) Reboot in Admin (hold Back Button n Power up)

3) Chose to in to "install from SD Card" "Verifying...Installed....", Select "Reboot system"

4) Using ES File explorer App, Found the "Build.prop" file, "Copy to /System" but Failed.
I tried to go "/System" n change File name of exiting "Build.Prop" File to "Build.Prop.old" but to no available and said Failed too.

Please advise where did i go wrong??
1) I have reformated by SD card to FAT32.
2) I dun have any files on the SD card, the Tablet came with updated Firmware already( I think - it's the latest version as there was no further updates when i run it).

Trying to root this device for 2 weeks already, finally decided to buy a MicroSD card thought can solve the problem but still no..
I just want to install apps from Google Play Store.... Help.... !

Edited by JS Ng, 26 October 2012 - 12:39 AM.

#38 Nitrous83

Nitrous83

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Hi guys,
I dont know what i did wrong.

Trying to root my GEMEI G9TM using the MicroSD Card (TF) method.

1) Downloaded all neccessary zip file (g9_root.zip & Gemei G9T xmlfiles and build.prop.zip),
kept g9_root file Zipped, save into TF card.

2) Reboot in Admin (hold Back Button n Power up)

3) Chose to in to "install from SD Card" "Verifying...Installed....", Select "Reboot system"

4) Using ES File explorer App, Found the "Build.prop" file, "Copy to /System" but Failed.
I tried to go "/System" n change File name of exiting "Build.Prop" File to "Build.Prop.old" but to no available and said Failed too.

Please advise where did i go wrong??
1) I have reformated by SD card to FAT32.
2) I dun have any files on the SD card, the Tablet came with updated Firmware already( I think - it's the latest version as there was no further updates when i run it).

Trying to root this device for 2 weeks already, finally decided to buy a MicroSD card thought can solve the problem but still no..
I just want to install apps from Google Play Store.... Help.... !

if u have superuser programm at your program list your tablet is rooted
now unzip the Gemei G9T xmlfiles and build.prop to sd card
and open the other programm root expolore i think is
go to the sd card copy build.prop and paste to the system folder
and tha same with the other folder

COPY THE OLD FILES SOMEWHERE JUST IN CASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39 Fandr0id

Fandr0id

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

First of all, you should make sure your device is rooted. Running ES File Explorer asks for permission in case you marked the option in the app's settings.
Once allowed, you have access to the desired functions like renaming. There's no need for another app like Root Explorer - I edited and copied these files with ES, too.

The internal update doesn't seem to work. At least on mine with 4.0.3 Have a look at the Gemei website, there are Firmwares listed.

#40 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

Hi guys,
Thanks so much! I checked to make sure my GEMEI is root, saw Sureties n Root Explorer. Used Root Explorer to do all those stuff mentions:

1) copy over Build.Prop.

2) permissions x 4 files, changed eissions to "Read Write, Read, Read" for these files.

3) noticed the Red Perimeter are the screen everything I try to change settings: changed "type=Eng" to "Type=user" in BuildProp (using Es Text editors n save it) - still not successful though. Still trying.... [^_^] at least now it is rooted.....

I cleared cache n data of Google Play, but still got quite alot of apps cannt be installed, a small amount of App did open up for installation. Any advise?

Having problem w Youtube. I tried to download all for earlier version, when asked if want to Install, I can't seem to select "Install" as nothing happens. I can select "cancel" thou... bleah. Can any1 provide link to dwnload the correct apk?

I need to reboot the tablet, it means to shutdown n restart again right?
I even went to Reboot frm recovery (hold back button n power tog) and "reboot frm System". Correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users