• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ar Fei Lung

Ar Fei Lung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:52 AM

I have flashed the Onix v0.3 (Thx R91) and my A7HD is running like flying. I have also got the hardware & software wifi mod, that makes my A7HD nearly perfect!
However there is one BIG problem left - the battery status problem.
These days my A7HD can only charge to 78% (battery calibration shows 38XX mv) and after several hours of playing, it will shutdown at about 5X%. I have to keep it charging to switch on again, that means all battery is gone. But when the tablet is opened up it shows 55% of battery again.
Is this the problem of the 20120424 frameware or it's the problem of the battery? Should I flashed it back to the last version of official frameware or there is any other solutions to fix it?
Do you guys also have this problem?

#2 Ar Fei Lung

Ar Fei Lung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:18 AM

Haha! I think my will power makes miracle!
After I asked customer service about the battery problem for an hour, they just release a new version of frameware!
http://hydown.w77.91...级包_20120613.rar
I am downloading it and let's see if it fix the battery problem.
Master R91, please make Onix 0.4, I love your frameware so much and I am waiting for it separately!

#3 boofman

boofman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Great! You got changelog for that firmware?

Sent from my A7HD using Tapatalk 2

#4 Ar Fei Lung

Ar Fei Lung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

no changelog but from the zip file namr it saids 'fix the screen flickering problem and upgrade frameware'

#5 Ar Fei Lung

Ar Fei Lung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Looks so wield to answer the question by myself, but I have to report that the new frameware do not fix the battery problem. I got the same sudden shutdown again. Sad.

#6 baher4ever

baher4ever

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

Does anybody face this problem .... while using the 3G modem, I get screen flickering and colours and stripes on screen then the screen turns black and the tablet doesn't respond. I have to turn off and turn on again. This happens to me using the stock rom and the onyx 0.3 and also teh cyanogen rom
is there a solution for this.
Is there an offcial forum in English for hyundai a7hd?

#7 boofman

boofman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

Looks so wield to answer the question by myself, but I have to report that the new frameware do not fix the battery problem. I got the same sudden shutdown again. Sad.

sad to hear that..maybe find a new battery (Is it even possible?)

What about the screen flickers?

Sent from my A7HD using Tapatalk 2

#8 Ar Fei Lung

Ar Fei Lung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

I think screen flickers problem got fixed by they marked down the maximum brightness - as you know that when the screen is like 50% bright you will never get flickering problem.

Now I think the problem is the battery program has problem instead of the battery - When you charged to full , even if you do the battery calibration and play for several hours, the program cannot reflect the real consumption of the juice. That's why it shutdown at around 5X%.
Any one can give me that battery program to replace? :D

#9 Ar Fei Lung

Ar Fei Lung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:00 PM

Hey maybe I mailed too many times to ask the battery problem, two days after a more offical rom is out!
The title is "battery problem, screen flickering problem and rom upgrade"!
Hope this really can fix the problem!
http://www.hyundai-d...p?Meter=1&ID=61
I will try it later on and post results!

#10 boofman

boofman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

Sounds good! Let us hope this new firmware works!

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

#11 Ar Fei Lung

Ar Fei Lung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:04 AM

It's me again. I have tried:

1. Flash the new rom with no data wipe.
Play for 2 hours, battery drop from 100% to 90%.
2. Flash the new rom with HDD formatted.
after 2 more hours of continuous playing video the battery drop from 90% to 79% only.
(When I switch off the tablet and plug the charger it shows almost all battery gone.)

After that miracle happens! It started to drop very fast, and it drops from 79% to 6% within an hour and it shuts down without saving (normal procedure of shutdown).
The battery display is of course not correct, but at least it's not shutdown at 50% without any notice and it shows you the battery will be gone soon!
Thank god!

R91, now I desparately waiting for your onix version based on this rom, it will be a perfect version for A7HD I guess! :D

Edited by Ar Fei Lung, 16 June 2012 - 12:15 PM.

#12 Ar Fei Lung

Ar Fei Lung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Does anybody face this problem .... while using the 3G modem, I get screen flickering and colours and stripes on screen then the screen turns black and the tablet doesn't respond. I have to turn off and turn on again. This happens to me using the stock rom and the onyx 0.3 and also teh cyanogen rom
is there a solution for this.
Is there an offcial forum in English for hyundai a7hd?

So you use Wifi and will not have this problem? Have you try the latest rom (20120615)?
What is the brand of your external 3G modem?
The Hyundai offical forum is pure chinese. But I think the response of customer service is quick, I mailed them for around 3-4 days and the battery problem got fixed.

#13 Loujbork

Loujbork

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hello everyone !

I have similar problems with battery on my Hyundai HD7. I've downloaded the last upgrade provided by Ar Fei Lung (Many thanks to you), but am not sure how to proceed with upgrade. Can you provide step-by-step flashing instructions please? Thank you.
Am providing some input on improving wifi in another post.

Lou

#14 mtr33

mtr33

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:48 AM

Hello everyone !

I have similar problems with battery on my Hyundai HD7. I've downloaded the last upgrade provided by Ar Fei Lung (Many thanks to you), but am not sure how to proceed with upgrade. Can you provide step-by-step flashing instructions please? Thank you.
Am providing some input on improving wifi in another post.

Lou

You need LiveSuit to flash the downloaded img file. Using it is simple: install LiveSuit, turn off tablet, press & hold back button, attach USB to PC, toggle/press home for 10-15s till recognized, follow instructions.

#15 Ar Fei Lung

Ar Fei Lung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hi mtr33,

This rom is not bad at all! I am using now and the battery status is much better than offical ones!
But the screen at max level is not as bright as in the screen flickering version.
Anyway thanks for your rom!
Hope R91 bro will do onix base on this rom~ then it will be perfect~