• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jimmy3472

jimmy3472

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

I have just purchased a white e-reader but Android not sure on where to start upgrading so the likes of youtube will work...what would be the better flash Android where would i find it? I am a new member also so hello everyone....thank you in advance

#2 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,272 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

I have just purchased a white e-reader but Android not sure on where to start upgrading so the likes of youtube will work...what would be the better flash Android where would i find it? I am a new member also so hello everyone....thank you in advance

Okay, I am feeling rather generous today and will split your OT reply to make your very own topic here. :)

First of all, you give absolutely no details on your eReader, so how do you expect to get any help? You are posting in the Pandigital Novel Android Tablet Discussion Subforums and need to read around a little more.

Start with the Forum Announcement and then confirm if questions for your device belong in these subforums by reading this topic here: White PDN Owners START HERE

Please *note the links I just gave you for future reference. Good luck, have fun and welcome.
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#3 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

White means little when it comes to a Pandigital, they have released so many versions we cannot keep up with them. Model numbers and any information you can get from settings/about device would be a good start for possibly getting some useful and less dangerous information on how to proceed with a possible OS upgrade.

#4 The Aegis Chief

The Aegis Chief

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I am sorry for this but I also just purchased a Pandigital Novel 7 inch White multimedia reader.
Model Number: R7T40WWHF1
Firmware Version: pdc1_20120323_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP
KERNAL VERSION:2.6.29
BUILD NUMBER: PD_NOVEL 2012.03.23

My question is, does anyone have a root for this version. I would really like to get the GAAAPS installed like android market (google play store)and others. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

#5 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

I am sorry for this but I also just purchased a Pandigital Novel 7 inch White multimedia reader.
Model Number: R7T40WWHF1
Firmware Version: pdc1_20120323_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP
KERNAL VERSION:2.6.29
BUILD NUMBER: PD_NOVEL 2012.03.23

My question is, does anyone have a root for this version. I would really like to get the GAAAPS installed like android market (google play store)and others. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

No, not currently, look at this post.

http://www.slatedroi..._40#entry376783