Do Not Downgrade WPDN from SL20_20120224 to S10 or SH20 FW

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#41 MickeeDee

MickeeDee

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Thanks, MickeeDee. Can you please upload a copy of your FW to media fire (or another file sharing site)?

They are being publicly shared from my google drive, so long as you have the link (anyone following this thread).
Plus you copied and pasted it all in the thread.

Do you have to pay for filesharing uploads?

#42 MickeeDee

MickeeDee

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

My device ID is different obviously but all the other content is the same :)
Thank you MickeeDee.

And you are very welcome.
I am willing to do almost anything that i can to get this lump doing normal android tablet type things...
aka
App Market
and use of regular apps.

:pardon:

#43 MickeeDee

MickeeDee

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Ok. Here is an upload of the following to Mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.../?23fffougjo22k

Model number
PD_Novel

Firmware version
SL20_20120223_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP

Kernal version
eric@ubuntu BSP_3_01_005_20120214 Fri Feb 24 18:35:35 CST 2012

Build Number
PD_Novel 2012.02.04

_________________________________________________________________________________
build.prop

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=pandigitalopc1/sourceidDL00000009
ro.build.display.id=PD_Novel 2012.02.24
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.eric.20120224.184929
ro.build.version.sdk=5
ro.build.version.codename=Eclair
ro.build.version.release=Eclair
ro.build.date=2012年 02月 24日 星期五 18:56:11 CST
ro.build.date.utc=1330080971
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=eric
ro.build.host=ubuntu
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.brand=sec
ro.product.name=sec_smdk6410
ro.product.board=
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
ro.product.locale.language=mdpi
ro.product.locale.region=
ro.wifi.channels=
ro.board.platform=s3c6410
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
ro.build.product=smdk6410
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=sec_smdk6410-eng Eclair pandigitalopc1/sourceidDL00000009 eng.eric.20120224.184929 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=sec/sec_smdk6410/smdk6410/:Eclair/pandigitalopc1/sourceidDL00000009/eng.eric.20120224.184929:eng/test-keys
# end build properties
#
# system.prop for smdk6410
#
op.mmi.mywifimac=
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so
rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyS0
keyguard.no_require_sim=true
ro.sf.lcd_density=160

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.config.notification_sound=OnTheHunt.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
net.bt.name=Android
ro.config.sync=yes
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

Edited by MickeeDee, 14 June 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#44 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

They are being publicly shared from my google drive, so long as you have the link (anyone following this thread).
Plus you copied and pasted it all in the thread.

Do you have to pay for filesharing uploads?

That is not the FW file. It should be around 100MB(+give/or take-) zip file. I am thinking the idiot who released this fw did not incorporate (with special props to mac1_131 ) kewlguy's fixflash.

Mediafire/boxnet/etc... all have free accounts that you can store "in the cloud" and post a link to share.

Thanks
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#45 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

That is not the FW file. It should be around 100MB(+give/or take-) zip file. I am thinking the idiot who released this fw did not incorporate (with special props to mac1_131 ) kewlguy's fixflash.

Mediafire/boxnet/etc... all have free accounts that you can store "in the cloud" and post a link to share.

Thanks

And it should be named just like it is in your about device information that was posted.

I also think the idiot was pandigital, they are getting these direct from Walmart for about $60.

Edited by panengineer, 14 June 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#46 erikbenedict

erikbenedict

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Thanks

what do I need to do to get the firmware. I have been trying to research but I figured it might be easier to ask.
I am on either mac or win7 whichever is easier or more familiar to whomever would like to help.
-Erik-

#47 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

what do I need to do to get the firmware. I have been trying to research but I figured it might be easier to ask.
I am on either mac or win7 whichever is easier or more familiar to whomever would like to help.
-Erik-

Connect up to usb and look in the root of the internal SD card which is generally called PD_Novel for the zip file named like the firmware version you posted. Then save it to your computer and upload it to a shareware site and post the link.

#48 erikbenedict

erikbenedict

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

only thing I have been able to do is pull the framework folder out of the system folder.
here is a link to that. The root folder shows empty
https://www.dropbox....g/framework.zip

#49 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Wow the kernel was compiled in May by Eric that tells me that pan digital does in fact still have kernel source code. And I hate them.

#50 panengineer

panengineer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

Going back to something mrsburnout mentioned earlier, does your internal SD card show up as 2 mb, partitioned in half as in the SH20 Firmware, or 4 mb as in the S10 firmware. That could be causing the issues when trying to go to the SH20 firmware from the SL20, perhaps the partitioning fails similar to what happens when someone tries to go back to the S10 firmware from the SH20 firmware except we generally got flash loops.

#51 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

there's also the possibility that the hardware is different and the kernels are incompatible.

#52 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,266 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

only thing I have been able to do is pull the framework folder out of the system folder.
here is a link to that. The root folder shows empty
https://www.dropbox....g/framework.zip

*The file must remain zipped.

Using Windows 7

Remove any external SD card you may have in your WPDN

Navigate to your Libraries folder/Computer
Connect your powered on WPDN to your PC
You should see a new (device)drive letter (e.g. D:) listed for your WPDN
Click on that folder to see it's contents and the zip file should be there. (It will be named this: SL20_20120223_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip)
You may right click/copy to your computer in a folder of your choosing (windoze will prompt you)
Once the copy is complete, use a free file sharing site, upload the zipped file and post the link.

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#53 MickeeDee

MickeeDee

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

*The file must remain zipped.

Using Windows 7

Remove any external SD card you may have in your WPDN

Navigate to your Libraries folder/Computer
Connect your powered on WPDN to your PC
You should see a new (device)drive letter (e.g. D:) listed for your WPDN
Click on that folder to see it's contents and the zip file should be there. (It will be named this: SL20_20120223_B_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP.zip)
You may right click/copy to your computer in a folder of your choosing (windoze will prompt you)
Once the copy is complete, use a free file sharing site, upload the zipped file and post the link.

I am unsure about whether it is because I am running linux or not, but when i navigate to my tablets memory while conected via usb cable, these are the only things i see:

michael@michael-HP-G71-Notebook-PC:/media/PD_NOVEL$ dir
albumthumbs  DCIM  Digital\ Editions  driveinfo.calibre  LOST.DIR  metadata.calibre  Music  My\ Files  pd_backup  Photos  Videos

also, i noticed that when i plug it in to my computer it *unmounts?* certain portions of its system, and only shows about 100 something MB of storage space for the device when it should be a couple GBs. I am sure that this portion of the system is not the sdcard because when i have one inserted it also shows up on my computer, and the tablet says that the storage is unavailable.

#54 MickeeDee

MickeeDee

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

My PD_Novel folder shows up empty.

michael@michael-HP-G71-Notebook-PC:~/Public/Android/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools$ ./adb remount
remount succeeded
michael@michael-HP-G71-Notebook-PC:~/Public/Android/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools$ ./adb shell
# ls
sqlite_stmt_journals
config
cache
PD_Novel
sdcard
d
etc
system
sys
sbin
proc
init.smdk6410.rc
init.rc
init.goldfish.rc
init
default.prop
data
root
dev
# cd PD_Novel
# ls
# exit
michael@michael-HP-G71-Notebook-PC:~/Public/Android/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools$ ./adb pull /PD_Novel
pull: building file list...
0 files pulled. 0 files skipped.
michael@michael-HP-G71-Notebook-PC:~/Public/Android/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools$ ./adb pull /PD_Novel/
pull: building file list...
0 files pulled. 0 files skipped.
michael@michael-HP-G71-Notebook-PC:~/Public/Android/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools$ 

#55 MickeeDee

MickeeDee

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

ok,
what apps are at my disposal for use on this machine, i have backups of at least a hundred apps and only a handfull of them work.
adb keeps returning an error "older sdk" and the tablet itself says parse error.
should i be looking for apps that support android 2.0 or is that even the right version on this machine, and does that even matter.
i need something that will allow me to make an image of my system or something, because all i have now is root through z4root, an old filexpert with root elevation (pre pro plugin) and the newest titanium backup without pro plugin. the pro that i have for filexpert will not install, and the one i have for titanium backup will not validate due to the absence of the app market.
i am beginning to feel helpless and maybe even useless to this small team without some powerful apps.

#56 MickeeDee

MickeeDee

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

I just zipped up all that i could get from the tablet using

./adb pull /

and i am currently uploading it to mediafire.

that, unfortunately (at this time / without further direction), is all i can get.
its size is 119.6 MB so that at least looks promising, i hope it helps.
there were things that adb skipped (mostly directories) but if it helps i can post a readout of the entire operation.

http://www.mediafire...r2vjyk644fa01w0

Edited by MickeeDee, 15 June 2012 - 01:35 AM.

#57 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

I just zipped up all that i could get from the tablet using

./adb pull /

and i am currently uploading it to mediafire.

that, unfortunately (at this time / without further direction), is all i can get.
its size is 119.6 MB so that at least looks promising, i hope it helps.
there were things that adb skipped (mostly directories) but if it helps i can post a readout of the entire operation.

http://www.mediafire...r2vjyk644fa01w0

That is perfect /PD_novel is just the internal sdcard

#58 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:27 AM

stock version of android on these is 2.0 we need a kernel for anything else to work 100%

#59 randomblame

randomblame

Doofenshmirtz

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • LocationTri-State Area

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

That dump is missing some things I need. I need a dump of the recovery partition and any files you can find in / ending in .rc like init.rc etc

#60 erikbenedict

erikbenedict

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

That dump is missing some things I need. I need a dump of the recovery partition and any files you can find in / ending in .rc like init.rc etc

When looking at all the comments posted here goes.
The sd card is partitioned in half.
The half that has the important and needed android content appears to be the unrecognized partition.
I have coppied this information and still not found the zip file. I will keep looking for it as much as I can.
Is it possible that it is somehow stored on the flash memory?