68 replies to this topic

#21 pppanoramixxx

pppanoramixxx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

Hi,
Thanks for the review. You are right, the back is made of metal with a kind of plastic paint or skin which gives a matt effect.

Did you try gameloft games?
Could be interesting to indicate the game version, if chainfire has to be used to make it work, if there are problems of resolution compatibility . MIB works flawlessly

Hi,
Only I tried Asphalt_6, I'm not a great gamer. The game version is 1.3.3 and to get the compatibility I changed the build.prop: ro.product.model=GT-I9100 and ro.product.brand=samsung
As I said you, I'm not a great gamer, not experience with games, but I think that no problems of resolution compatibility and the game runs flawlessly, as show the video.

Edited by pppanoramixxx, 27 June 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#22 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

another clone (in french)

http://www.jmitech.f...itab-techniques

#23 pppanoramixxx

pppanoramixxx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

another clone (in french)

http://www.jmitech.f...itab-techniques

It is a clone/rebrand of U9GT3, if you notice this tablet has not frame with screws, anyway I think that they has the same hardware and compatible firmwares.

#24 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

Another gameloft game working : 9mm v1.0.1; quite fluid ; slight deformation of the control buttons due to the 4:3 ratio but playable
Amazing spiderman version 1.0.8 works perfectly
no need of chainfire 3d for both games

:yahoo:

Edited by bach0405, 28 June 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#25 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

97s Vellamo score : 1864, between htc one xl and htc one x, better than transformer prime
tested babel rising 3d : fluid

Edited by bach0405, 01 July 2012 - 08:36 AM.

#26 ZetLAw

ZetLAw

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Aliexpress 97s

what do you say about this device ?

i think it's 97s but i talk to the seller he said that 9.7 is the screen and s is for silver. so i dont know but it semms the seller legit and it's 200 usd free shipping.

#27 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

Aliexpress 97s

what do you say about this device ?

i think it's 97s but i talk to the seller he said that 9.7 is the screen and s is for silver. so i dont know but it semms the seller legit and it's 200 usd free shipping.

Well, it looks like the 97s I own but the specs given are confusing.

There is price decrease these days. The one I bought from everising is 236 $ now shipping included <_<

Another game which works well : dead trigger 1.01 (no chainfire)

#28 ZetLAw

ZetLAw

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Another clone
This clone seams exaclly like 97s and it has a great price + Shipping.

The seller is also a rep in aliexpress

#29 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

dead trigger with tegra 3 graphics free on google play
for tegra graphics http://www.droid-lif...egra-3-devices/

xbmc for android devices

no HW acceleration yet

https://www.miniand....ms/1/topics/136

#30 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

New game tested : Dark knight 1.0.5
beautiful graphics but the game is very demanding : sometimes laggy even with rk3066
data size = 1,8 GB !

#31 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Another game : lara croft. I had to use chainfire 3D to simulate the xperia gpu (qualcomm)
works with tiny graphic artifacts

#32 orgos

orgos

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hi all...

Aditional information for make a root.

When you open the SuperOneClickv 2.3.3 go to advanced options and click in check drivers.

This option, install the appropiated ABD driver for the tablet.

Regards

#33 tpascuzzi

tpascuzzi

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Updates in red
Hi everyone,
as suggested by Jez, I open this topic to share experiences on Window N90 dual core clones.

I recently received a 97s from everising company.

I will update this topic with my experience on :
hardware
software
connectivity
app compatibility
firmware availability

Since I don't have any programing skills, my comments will be from a lamba user. I will try to add pictures to this topic.

any suggestions?

97S Review

Root

Use at your own risks

Rooted using Superoneclick 2.3.3; see following topic :

http://forum.xda-dev...269&postcount=3

I removed the chinese apps

Now I have access to the build.prop to improve app compatibility if possible. I chose Samsung Galaxy II properties.

To have a fully rooted device, I had to download the SuperSU for ICS, available on the market.

Software

NOVA 3 and shadow gun work flawlessly
I had to add Googlecalendarsync to synchronize with SPB shell 3D.
Machinarium works flawlessly
Mass effect infiltrator works very well
Max Payne works, kind of : I think the game is not adapted to 4:3 devices yet, command locations are slightly misplaced

News republic and appy geek : impossible to watch videos fixed with the 0608 firmware

Hardware

The back is in matt black plastic : better for fingerprints. It fact, it is in aluminium covered by a black skin
The device is thin (< 10 mm), there is no cracking at all when using it.
I have not measured the weight yet, but it seems heavy (> 600 g ?).

On the left from top to bottom : Power button, headphones
On the top : menu and sound power
On the right : from top to bottom : esc, tf card, mic, hdmi, usb, otg, dc, and speakers (x2)

back (rigt side) : camera
front (left side) : camera

Power supply is 5V 2000mA with a non standard connector (thinner)

32 GB TF card : no problem to read and write. There is about 1 mm of TF card remaining out of the housing ; easier to remove but easier to have it removed accidentally !
Weird symbols appeared about 3 days after formatting it in FAT32. As mentioned in another topic, I formatted in NTFS, and it works well. No problem even to write on it! I can even store movies with a size > 4 GB :yahoo:

About the display
It is a standard IPS screen, and since the resolution is not that great, one can see the pixels, but that's what one can expect for the price.
There is a small light leak on the right side of the display, visible on black screens, and light is visible through the connectors (HDMI, usb).
I don't know if my device has been used to fix the firmware bugs but the display is somewhat burnt, ie when the screen is black I see a dark blue circle which corresponds to the locker.
Since there isn't enough difference between 0 brightness and 100% brightness, I use the screen filter app to decrease the light. It decreases the brightness when the ambient light is low, in order not to damage the eyes.

Connection with a 3,5 " HDD is OK : fluid music and videos
Connection with my 2,5" non powered HDD was not possible. I had to use a 5V battery to power the disk and a Y usb cable. I think that there isn't sufficient juice through the micro USB to power the HDD.

About HDMI out
I was able to connect it to different PC monitors or HDTV. I observed some weird things :
Sound is still active on the device and the sound settings don't work : sound is at it maximum. On the monitor, sound cannot be monitored by the device;
As an alternative, it is possible to connect to the TV with a jack cable
When I used other android devices, reading video, the tablet screen was black except the commands. Here the device is still active. I have not checked yet if I can get a full HD movie on my 1080p TV.
Since it is a 4:3 device, you may not have a full image on your 16:9 TV (I have not find the good settings yet on my monitor)
I hope it will be solved with upcoming firmwares.

Cameras are bad as usual, especially with low light, but I don't use them.

Speakers are very weak. To get a good sound I plug (usb + jack) a Logitech laptop speaker.
Sound from headphones is OK
To increase a little bit the speaker output, I use SpeakerBoost. It may be dangerous for the speakers and there may be sound saturation.

Bluetooth
I tried Bluetooth with Philips headphones SHB9001. No problem to pair.
Sound is OK for music
I observed a time lag between sound and image during videos (I read that transformer prime has the same problem, due to Android 4.0.4?). I have commands on the headphone but they seem not to be recognized by the device.

Accelerometer in Riptide works well.

I have a problem of screen orientation after using a portrait only app. For example, if I use TED air app, the menu is in portrait mode, and when I go back to the launcher menu, it is stuck in portrait mode, even after closing the app. I have to reboot the device. fixed with wheter the firmware update or the app I use : Rotate

WIFI : OK but the signal is weaker than for my NOVO Aurora

I have not measured the battery life but I can use the device a full day without charging. If I have time, I'll do a Antutu test.

Benchmarks

Standard Quadrant benchmark : 4394 (cpu : 7446; Mem : 4685; I/O : 6539 ; 2D : 1000 (I forced GPU to be used for 2D in settings); 3D : 2327). For the 2D and 3D tests: frame rate is 60 fps.
Performance between HTC one X (4700) and Asus TF 201 (4000)
max freq : 1608
min freq : 252
Bogo mips : 2831

Antutu results :
CPU : 4160 ; GPU : 1538 ; RAM : 1453 ; I/O : 813
TOTAL : 7964

If clocked at 1416 Mhz, Nenamark 2= 56,9 fps on demand

Firmwares
what is written in the tablet properties :
rk30_ics_v2 11.00
rk30sdk-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D eng.wuhao.20120525.095927 test-keys

Conclusion :
Quite a good tablet for the price (price is decreasing : best price I found : less 230 US$ HK post transportation included)
Pro
easy to root
really fast (browser, explorer, games, pdf readers)
long battery life (no heat observed)
good build
display reasonnably bright
available connections : hdmi, usb, Tf card, jack
working bluetooth for music
very very rare crashes and reboot
accelerometer working

Average
Wifi strength
Screen resolution

Con
bad cameras (enough for occasional pictures and webcam)
sometimes blocked on portrait mode
HDMI out with no sound control
Sound lag in videos using bluetooth
built-in speakers

A few drawbacks which don't spoil the user experience and which could, for most of them, be solved by firmware updates.
People from Everising told me that the firmware is not publicly out, but I will be informed when updates are released.

Wish list
as for my aurora :
auto-hide task bar : very helpful in games, video and pdf viewers
image patches to have increased storage for apps (2 or 3 GB)

To be completed

Cheers

With Bach0405's help I was finally able to get my tablet unbricked using the correct firmware! Thank you! If the N90 firmwares don't work, any idea where to get them for 97s? Any idea when Jellybean will be available for the 97s? Just saw it is available for the N90.

Now I am unable to install a few apps from the google play store (facebook, chrome, amazon to name a few) and I am think it is because it isn't rooted. I tried using superoneclick, but that didn't work. I am unable to open the link above on how to root my 97s. Any help anyone can provide would be great!

Thanks,

Tony

#34 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

Here is a link

#35 tpascuzzi

tpascuzzi

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

Here is a link

I was able to successfully root the tablet using this link. The issue seemed to be with the version of superoneclick I downloaded. The version in this link worked!

However, I am still unable to download Chrome, Amazon mobile and Facebook Apps. Does anyone know what I need to do next to be able to get these apps? When I open them in the Google play store it says they aren't compatible with my device.

Thanks,

Tony

#36 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

you have to change your build.prop available in system/
you can access to this file using for example root explorer or es file explorer. For the second one, you go to settings to have access to / instead of /sdcard/ and to enable root access (below in the same menu).
You should have access to build.prop. You open it in a text editor and you have to change a few lines :

ro.product.model=GT-I9100
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-I9100
ro.product.device=GT-I9100
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
ro.board.platform=GT-I9100
ro.build.product=GT-I9100

after this you have to delete cache for the google play and delete data for the framework of google service, and then reboot. Those apps are available in settings , applications, and the all applications folder. You reboot, You open google and you should have an error. You reboot again and then google play should be ok.

you can also follow this

http://www.slatedroi...pps-compatible/ in order to add xml files

Edited by bach0405, 24 July 2012 - 01:31 PM.

#37 tpascuzzi

tpascuzzi

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

you have to change your build.prop available in system/
you can access to this file using for example root explorer or es file explorer. For the second one, you go to settings to have access to / instead of /sdcard/ and to enable root access (below in the same menu).
You should have access to build.prop. You open it in a text editor and you have to change a few lines :

ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-I9100

after this you have to delete cache for the google play and delete data for the framework of google service, and then reboot. Those apps are available in settings , applications, and the all applications folder. You reboot, You open google and you should have an error. You reboot again and then google play should be ok.

you can also follow this

http://www.slatedroi...pps-compatible/ in order to add xml files

Next question: how do I change the properties to make a file writable? When I go into properties in es fioe explorer I don't have access to change the properties. I have the free version. Do I need to purchase the full version? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for all the help and sorry for being such a noob

Tony

#38 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

you have a free app which name is rom toolbox . The app will ask you the super user authorization. You go to the performance folder and you'll find a build.prop editor, then you change the lines you want. Write down the previous data if you want to go back.
to have access to the permissions, the only easy way I know is with root explorer, it is paid app . I think there is another way with a terminal emulator using the chmod function but I don't know how to, it is surely explained in the xda developer forum.

edit : in es file explorer, if you want to have root access, it is asked to have the right to mount the / and /system folders with write authorization

Edited by bach0405, 24 July 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#39 tpascuzzi

tpascuzzi

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

you have a free app which name is rom toolbox . The app will ask you the super user authorization. You go to the performance folder and you'll find a build.prop editor, then you change the lines you want. Write down the previous data if you want to go back.
to have access to the permissions, the only easy way I know is with root explorer, it is paid app . I think there is another way with a terminal emulator using the chmod function but I don't know how to, it is surely explained in the xda developer forum.

edit : in es file explorer, if you want to have root access, it is asked to have the right to mount the / and /system folders with write authorization

Got access to edit and save the file, did the clearing of cache and data, but I still have the error that says it isnit compatible with this device. Here is a copy of my build.prop. Did I miss something?

# begin build properties
# autogenerated by buildinfo.sh
ro.build.id=IMM76D
ro.build.display.id=rk30sdk-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D eng.wuhao.20120608.161101 test-keys
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.wuhao.20120608.161101
ro.build.version.sdk=15
ro.build.version.codename=REL
ro.build.version.release=4.0.4
ro.build.date=Fri Jun 8 16:12:18 CST 2012
ro.build.date.utc=1339143138
ro.build.type=eng
ro.build.user=wuhao
ro.build.host=mid-server
ro.build.tags=test-keys
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=GT-I9100
ro.product.board=GT-I9100
ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi-v7a
ro.product.cpu.abi2=armeabi
ro.product.locale.language=en
ro.product.locale.region=US
ro.wifi.channels=
# ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device
# Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint
ro.build.description=rk30sdk-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D eng.wuhao.20120608.161101 test-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=rk30sdk/rk30sdk/rk30sdk:4.0.4/IMM76D/eng.wuhao.20120608.161101:eng/test-keys
ro.build.characteristics=tablet
# end build properties
#
# system.prop
#

#rild.libpath=/system/lib/libreference-ril.so
#rild.libargs=-d /dev/ttyUSB2

#
# ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES
#
ro.com.android.dateformat=MM-dd-yyyy
ro.config.ringtone=Ring_Synth_04.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=pixiedust.ogg
persist.sys.timezone=Asia/Shanghai
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
ro.config.facelock=enable_facelock
persist.facelock.detect_cutoff=5000
persist.facelock.recog_cutoff=5000
persist.sys.usb.config=mass_storage
persist.sys.strictmode.visual=false
dalvik.vm.jniopts=warnonly
ro.default.wallpaper=com.android.phasebeam/com.android.phasebeam.PhaseBeamWallpaper
persist.service.adb.enable=1
ro.sf.hwrotation=270
ro.rksdk.version=rk30_ics_v2.23.00
sys.hwc.compose_policy=6
ro.sf.fakerotation=true
ro.rk.MassStorage=false
wifi.interface=wlan0
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=15
ro.opengles.version=131072
rild.libargs=-d_/dev/ttyUSB1
ril.pppchannel=/dev/ttyUSB2
rild.libpath=/system/lib/libril-rk29-dataonly.so
ril.function.dataonly=1
dalvik.vm.heapstartsize=8m
dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit=64m
dalvik.vm.heapsize=256m
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
net.bt.name=Android
dalvik.vm.stack-trace-file=/data/anr/traces.txt

#40 bach0405

bach0405

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

did you change the xml files, cf the link I gave?

btw, it takes time for google to take into account modifications

Edited by bach0405, 25 July 2012 - 12:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users