Sanei N10 / AMPE A10 - ROOT?

• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#41 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

If you connect it in normal mode it should come up as an Android with a yellow exclamation mark. The Hardware ID will be different than the repair mode

#42 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

If you connect it in normal mode it should come up as an Android with a yellow exclamation mark. The Hardware ID will be different than the repair mode

for my ampe a10:

Repair (flash-in) mode hwid:
VID_1f3a_PID_efe8

Normal:
VID_18D1&PID_0003&MI_01 <--this driver i used to root. it is same model as "Scroll Excel". It must be added to the Google Android USB driver inf file. I can attach it if need

I found what you have to do.
In device manager:

1. Right click Usb(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8), uninstall driver, click checkbox for remove drivers.
2. Action->Scan for hardware changes.

This will find your android with the correct "normal mode" hardware id. Here is a screenshot, and the modded google drivers attached. Best option is install these drivers, THEN install the liveupdate drivers. Both can coexist. Liveupdate drivers will always have yellow ! mark.
Posted Image

Modified Google Drivers:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/div930

Edited by TCrider, 15 June 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#43 chopoff

chopoff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

All sorted now, thanks for your help guys.

Does anyone recommend overclocking the CPU?

#44 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

I havent had any need/reason to. What I wanna do is get CM9/CWM working on it so we can do away with this livesuite diddly crap >.<

#45 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

1100 MHz should be fine... 1200.. and it will crashes (as for my N83)

#46 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

hmm i noticed the 4.0.4 beta doesnt have exchange mail installed as the default mail app. infact it says its installed and running but theres no icon anywhere to access the app

#47 Fou_

Fou_

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

hmm i noticed the 4.0.4 beta doesnt have exchange mail installed as the default mail app. infact it says its installed and running but theres no icon anywhere to access the app

Yep, so I downloaded a modified black email apk for ics on the xda forum and now it's perfect. ;)

#48 cmx

cmx

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

I flashed the new 4.0.4 firmware and it looks like they fixed the lagging process.
First impression is very smooth.
Anybody to confirm this?

ps: Root via Tasselhoff-script still works

Edited by cmx, 16 June 2012 - 07:13 AM.

#49 saido58

saido58

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

I cant solve USB problem. I am using now ampe 4.04, anyone knows that how I reinstall old version? the one in sanei web site doesnt fit. please help I will go crazy

#50 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Do you use livesuit?
If yes, just download the FW from the szsanei website.

#51 saido58

saido58

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

I realized that sanei release new post. I install it now but it is older version. here link http://szsanei.com/s...down.asp?id=691

At least I solve the problem because of cable problem. I press up a bit socket that tablet side after that PC load driver correctly. I will buy a new one today but it is interesting that I use it a lot flashing my tablet with no trouble.

thanks guys. Information is the power:)

#52 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Yep, so I downloaded a modified black email apk for ics on the xda forum and now it's perfect. ;)

any way you could link it? i saw one there without exchange security but didnt know if its the right one, i tried it and it would not load, kept saying unfortunately email has stopped working

Edited by TCrider, 16 June 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#53 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

also incase anyone decides to open their tablet, when I was soldering a new antenna on for bluetooth I noticed there was another spot for gps but no antenna attached. I soldered an extra antenna on for gps and it detects my location now almost instantly :lol:. In case anyones wondering, the grey wire is for the wifi, black is for bluetooth. bluetooth and gps soldering spots are located near the top of the board, gps is on the left bluetooth is to the right of gps. The bluetooth and gps spots both have 4 small solder marks that look in the shape of a plus sign. you solder on the left direction of the plus sign. Ill attach pictures shortly for a reference, although Google Navigation still says "searching for gps" so it may just be an antenna and not a gps system

Edited by TCrider, 16 June 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#54 chopoff

chopoff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

I flashed the new 4.0.4 firmware and it looks like they fixed the lagging process.
First impression is very smooth.
Anybody to confirm this?

ps: Root via Tasselhoff-script still works

Yeah been using it a lot, very smooth and really quick now navigating menus etc, browsing instant.

Not had a 'xyz is not responding' message yet.

Powering off is also very quick, as is bringing the lock screen up.

One thing that I still lack now however is a lot of apps are missing from the market - I've updated most of the build.prop details but I've not used anything for reference, does anyone have a 'good' build.prop that I can borrow?

#55 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

also incase anyone decides to open their tablet, when I was soldering a new antenna on for bluetooth I noticed there was another spot for gps but no antenna attached. I soldered an extra antenna on for gps and it detects my location now almost instantly :lol:. In case anyones wondering, the grey wire is for the wifi, black is for bluetooth. bluetooth and gps soldering spots are located near the top of the board, gps is on the left bluetooth is to the right of gps. The bluetooth and gps spots both have 4 small solder marks that look in the shape of a plus sign. you solder on the left direction of the plus sign. Ill attach pictures shortly for a reference, although Google Navigation still says "searching for gps" so it may just be an antenna and not a gps system

Its not GPS which detects your location - its more related to your IP Address and the Wifi where are you connected to. So in the end it does not matter if you "fix" the additional antenna or not..

#56 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Its not GPS which detects your location - its more related to your IP Address and the Wifi where are you connected to. So in the end it does not matter if you "fix" the additional antenna or not..

figures. i actually originally did it on accident. it was about 3 am when i was soldering the bluetooth antenna, and id accidentally soldered it in the gps part because they were next to eachother, noticed my location was working much better than previously. im not sure if the board comes with gps, id have to take it off the front plastic piece to have a look, i doubt it though. the bluetooth fix worked 100% though.

#57 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

figures. i actually originally did it on accident. it was about 3 am when i was soldering the bluetooth antenna, and id accidentally soldered it in the gps part because they were next to eachother, noticed my location was working much better than previously. im not sure if the board comes with gps, id have to take it off the front plastic piece to have a look, i doubt it though. the bluetooth fix worked 100% though.

I got default e-mail working with this email.apk from here:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1654257

I extracted the email.apk and transferred it to my tablet, worked perfect. Note I uninstalled exchange.apk

#58 chopoff

chopoff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:09 PM

Can anyone help with this? I've seemingly opened up most apps in the market, but still missing apps like Facebook, Twitter.

#59 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Try Allwinner Mod and change the build to Samsung devices, like 9000 or 9100
Before you do that - you have to have a rooted N10 or A10.

#60 chopoff

chopoff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

Try Allwinner Mod and change the build to Samsung devices, like 9000 or 9100
Before you do that - you have to have a rooted N10 or A10.

Yes - it is rooted and I manually changed build.prop to have some 9100 details.

I've used Allwinner Mod now to do it 'properly' and restarted however I still am missing the apps.

Is there anything else I need to do and would the version of the Market I have make any difference?