http://www.szampe.co...down.asp?id=730

try this. I loaded it my sanei n10

#22 SilverShadow

SilverShadow

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

Thanks.

This firmware looks good. The wifi speed is much better!

#23 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hi all. I'm new here. I having a little trouble trying to figure out how to update the firmware on my ampe a10. Im trying to use the 4.0.4 beta, but Im not sure how to use the liveupdate software. its a bit hard to understand. has anyone done this already that could shed some light? thanks in advance

#24 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

check out this:
http://www.slatedroi...__1#entry371628

#25 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

I think the problem is the driver that comes with the liveupdate isn't the correct one for my tablet? The hardware IDs are different. I have the same IDs as some scroll excel models, but my tablet is brand new, and branded ampe a10.

my hardware ids:

USB\VID_18D1&PID_0003&REV_0230&MI_01
USB\VID_18D1&PID_0003&MI_01

IDs contained in the INF from the ampe a10 liveupdate drivers:
USB\VID_1f3a&PID_efe8

Edited by TCrider, 14 June 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#26 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

I think the problem is the driver that comes with the liveupdate isn't the correct one for my tablet? The hardware IDs are different. I have the same IDs as some scroll excel models, but my tablet is brand new, and branded ampe a10.

my hardware ids:

USB\VID_18D1&PID_0003&REV_0230&MI_01
USB\VID_18D1&PID_0003&MI_01

IDs contained in the INF from the ampe a10 liveupdate drivers:
USB\VID_1f3a&PID_efe8

I've figured it out!

from another post here:
http://www.slatedroi...t&f=315&t=32689

I believe the ones that comes with LiveSuite 1.07 should work for Gemei G9...
Let me clear up some misconceptions since I had been there, confused and finally see the light.

The instruction that you should run the unpacker to unpack Livesuite which it will install the driver is CORRECT.
If you run Livesuite and it complains no driver, you got to run the other EXE file instead.

After installing the driver, you should have a strange driver with a YELLOW TRIANGLE. This is CORRECT. Do no change it, fix it or otherwise.

Next, you go through the selection, open your firmware etc.
Hold power to shut down your G9 completely.
Hold Vol+ (according to GemeiTech, any button will do) and plugin USB to (NON-HOST) port.
Press power 6-10x... For me it always "ting" on 6...

You will see that a new device is detected and it IS the strange device driver you had installed. It changes from yellow triangle to being recognized and your Livesuite will start to kick in and prompt your to format/flash etc.

I hope the desc above clarify some doubts.

unfortunately the firmware didnt fix my problem with bluetooth not toggling correctly and not detecting devices, but an external usb bluetooth adapter works just fine. would be nice to get the internal bluetooth working properly. On a positive note, the 4.0.4 beta firmware is much better, and includes wifi hotspot options.

Edited by TCrider, 15 June 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#27 chopoff

chopoff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

I recently got a Sanei N10 myself, great tablet - however have also experienced the slow browsing with the default browser and also Dolphin.

What happens is the progress bar gets a certain distance then the tablet freezes and then I get the 'Browser is not responding' popup.

I installed Chrome Beta and it didn't suffer this problem.

However in addition to the browser freezing it was also happening when installing or uninstalling apps.

I managed to solve this by doing a factory reset, something people might want to try.

However another issue I have is that when I connect my tablet to my PC it will come up with the USB screen on the tablet and immediately vanish, then appear again, then vanish, in a loop.

Any ideas, as I'm guessing I'll need to connect to root it!

#28 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

I've figured it out!

from another post here:
http://www.slatedroi...t&f=315&t=32689

unfortunately the firmware didnt fix my problem with bluetooth not toggling correctly and not detecting devices, but an external usb bluetooth adapter works just fine. would be nice to get the internal bluetooth working properly. On a positive note, the 4.0.4 beta firmware is much better, and includes wifi hotspot options.

I just fixed my bluetooth. I opened my tablet up(very easy, the back of the casing pops off)Apparently the soldering for the antennas on these things is crapola. the bluetooth antenna was half falling off with random nicks/cuts in the antenna wire's casing. I ganked the thing out and got some 22 gauge solid wire from radioshack then soldered that on in replacement, worked beautifully. I now have a fully functional 4.0.4 android tablet :lol:

#29 axemagn

axemagn

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

However another issue I have is that when I connect my tablet to my PC it will come up with the USB screen on the tablet and immediately vanish, then appear again, then vanish, in a loop.

Any ideas, as I'm guessing I'll need to connect to root it!

At least on my device, the micro USB connector is located so that some standard cables do not fit very well. I had the same problem as you, and my cable even fell off from time to time. Found another cable with a longer metallic connector part and problem solved.

(Factory reset cured browser hangs caused by nandd process on mine too.)

/Magnus

#30 chopoff

chopoff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

At least on my device, the micro USB connector is located so that some standard cables do not fit very well. I had the same problem as you, and my cable even fell off from time to time. Found another cable with a longer metallic connector part and problem solved.

/Magnus

Yeah - my phone charger doesn't fit, the connectors are too far back.

The cable that my tablet came with however is long enough, as if I plug it into a USB plug it will charge OK, so the cable is OK - it seems to be a Windows driver issue.

#31 Creteil

Creteil

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Hi all,

I own a Sanei N10 running latest firmware : Android version : 4.0.3, Baseband : 4.0.11, Kernel : 3.0.8+ build@emma6 #2, Build number : C_V3.06-crane_anpei101sy-r4.0.917-120528

By mistake I removed 2 files :

/system/app/LatinIME.apk
/system/app/LatinIME.odex

Can someone running same firmware, send me a zip file with these 2 originals files ?

A++

#32 chopoff

chopoff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Managed to do it, uninstalled driver then tried the 'have disk' method of installing driver, now running Ampe 4.0.4! Nice to have be theme-less, the Sanei ones had a few bugs.

#33 FattyMcDirty

FattyMcDirty

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

any1 got a suitable build.prop so that there are more apps found in the market?
especially a really COMPATIBLE one for the n10/a10 ?!?! would be appreciated a LOT!
thanks in advance!

#34 saido58

saido58

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

axemagn, on 16 June 2012 - 01:31 AM, said:

/Magnus
Yeah - my phone charger doesn't fit, the connectors are too far back.

The cable that my tablet came with however is long enough, as if I plug it into a USB plug it will charge OK, so the cable is OK - it seems to be a Windows driver issue.

I have similar problem. My windows 7 was seeing my tablet at first but after I try to run livesuit, it has gone. now my computer doesnt see the tablet when it is running. But whenever it is shutted down and after 6 click power button with pressed wolume button,PC see it correctly. I try livesuit again and again but nothing. In addition now I am using android 4.04 but still nothing changed. I am hoping you understand me because of my poor english

Edited by saido58, 15 June 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#35 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

After rooting your device you can install the Allwinner Mod from the google play market. Than you can change to Samsung devices and lots of apps will be displayed.

#36 chopoff

chopoff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

OK - now I'm on 4.0.4 I'm trying to root the device using the Gemei script.

The device is shown in Device Manager, but when checking connectivity within the script it doesn't find the device.

Any ideas?

I've never rooted before - do you follow same procedure as with flashing, ie hold Vol+ then tapping Power?

#37 TCrider

TCrider

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

OK - now I'm on 4.0.4 I'm trying to root the device using the Gemei script.

The device is shown in Device Manager, but when checking connectivity within the script it doesn't find the device.

Any ideas?

I've never rooted before - do you follow same procedure as with flashing, ie hold Vol+ then tapping Power?

No sir, for rooting you will want to use modified android device drivers from google. the tablet must be powered on in normal mode with usb debugging turned ON. In your device manager if you can tell me your Android hardware ID I can give you the drivers I used. Also for the gemei script only use options 1 and 2. the rest dont work and will attempt to replace unnecessary (and since updated) google play apps

Edited by TCrider, 15 June 2012 - 06:46 PM.

#38 chopoff

chopoff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

No sir, for rooting you will want to use modified android device drivers from google. the tablet must be powered on in normal mode with usb debugging turned ON. In your device manager if you can tell me your Android hardware ID I can give you the drivers I used

I see - if I have the device on as normal (with USB debug on) then it doesn't show on my PC.

It also doesn't seem to charge either - but if I turn it off and put the USB in it will charge. I'm a but stumped!

#39 chopoff

chopoff

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

When it connects (when turning on using Vol+ and Power) it is USB Device(VID_1f3a_PID_efe8)

#40 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Start the script with "admin" right.
Which failure comes up? (detailed information, please)
Is ADB running correct?

VID_1f3a_PID_efe8 = right driver!

Edited by c147258, 15 June 2012 - 06:56 PM.