• Please log in to reply
380 replies to this topic

#1 FattyMcDirty

FattyMcDirty

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hey,

I recently got a Sanei N10 Tablet (Allwinner A10) which is the same as Ampe A10 - I just can't root it :(
It's not pre-reooted and adb seems deactivated. Someone managed to get a ROM from the Sanei N90 Device running
on it (which is pre-rooted) but it doesn't fit cause it has a lower resolution (the Sanei N10 has 1280x800).

Does any1 of you have one of those Tablets and was already successful in rooting it? Any help would be
greatfully appreciated!!!

#2 Fou_

Fou_

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:26 AM

Exactly the same problem here...
The sanei n10 I just bought seems to be a good tablet but impossible to root or "unlock" the playstore for the moment...
Need help too...
Could you please give me a link to the story of the n90 rom? I'd like to read it. thx.

edit : link found (on xda)

Edited by Fou_, 10 June 2012 - 08:11 AM.

#3 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

One in the apad.tv dicussion board wrote about it, but since Troy said it is a different board, I wouldn't believe that.

#4 FattyMcDirty

FattyMcDirty

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

ya well.. the market doesn't seem to be fully functional, too :(
could it really be that this nice device isn't rootable in some way?
that's im possible! it's a china tablet! :( most of them come
pre-rooted :(

#5 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

I got my Sanei 83 rooted with this Script: Tasselhof - Root, Market, Build.Prop, & Tweaks Script - AllWinner A10.rar

Maybe you can have a try to root the N10 with, because also the N83 uses the "Sanei UI" and it wasn't rooted when I got it. Sometimes I also got failures, but I have done the steps two times and finally it worked :)
Sanei N83@CM9 :)

By the way - try the APEX Launcher instead of the Sanei UI. It improves the speed.

#6 Fou_

Fou_

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:44 AM

c147258.... You win. Problem solved.
My sanei n10 is now rooted.
Thanks a lot.

#7 HellGuy

HellGuy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

c147258.... You win. Problem solved.
My sanei n10 is now rooted.
Thanks a lot.

I just ordered Sanei N10, can you post with details or link what you have done to make it work?

#8 SilverShadow

SilverShadow

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

Hello,
i have a Sanein N10 too. With the Tasselhof - Root, Market, Build.Prop, & Tweaks Script - AllWinner A10.rar i can´t root my N10.

Is your browser also slow? I have the Apex Launcher and the speed is okay. But the browser (firefox too) is very slow. The download from a pdf file is also slow. The pad opening the pdf very slow with the adobe reader.

Have anyone this problems?

Can i use a alternative rom who can solve my problem? I need tha pad only for view pdf´s with adobe reader. The pdf file will download via firefox from my intranet server.

Edited by SilverShadow, 12 June 2012 - 04:24 AM.

#9 Fou_

Fou_

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

I use this script
The script is here

First thing, to verify usb drivers are installed, they are in the .rar script.

I've only rooted with option 1 and 2 of the script :
1. Check Tablet Connection
2. ROOT - Gemei G9 - Using Transformer ROOT Script

Other options seems to doesn't work... So i clean up with titanium backup/root explorer and edited the build.prop with root explorer text editor (not sure has work)

I used root checker to verify it has worked
I installed busybox.

the speed of my browser is good, I use dolphin browser hd (firefox was apparently not compatible with the last version of flash)
for the launcher go launcher ex hd seems tu run better but some widget are missing....

Edited by Fou_, 12 June 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#10 SilverShadow

SilverShadow

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Thanks Fou_

With your script (postet at your link) i could root my Sanei N10.

I hope anyone can build roms for the Sanei N10. I think the stock rom is not the best. Does anyone know if clockworkmod is possible on sanei N10?

I think the wireless lan speed is very slow. Have this problem more user? I think the browser is not slow but rather the wireless lan speed.

#11 cmx

cmx

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

I use this script
The script is here

First thing, to verify usb drivers are installed, they are in the .rar script.

I've only rooted with option 1 and 2 of the script :
1. Check Tablet Connection
2. ROOT - Gemei G9 - Using Transformer ROOT Script

Other options seems to doesn't work... So i clean up with titanium backup/root explorer and edited the build.prop with root explorer text editor (not sure has work)

I used root checker to verify it has worked

My name is CMX and I approve this message. :D

WOW, it worked. c147258 you are my hero. I spend hours looking for a solution, trying thousands of scripts and *oops and now it works just with one click. Awesome.

Browsing is laggy on my tablet, too. Sometimes it fast (=normal) and suddenly while loading it halts. Like the tablet is thinking: "wait a second. where was i? hmm. ouh... ahh loading this page." and then it goes on.
Seems like Wifi connection is lost in these moments.

#12 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,251 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

My name is CMX and I approve this message. :D

Umm... Okay... then, so do I ... let's show the board your post now :lol:

It could have sworn, i posted in this thread....hm.

You did, you did, ... and I deleted this one^^ ;)
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#13 cmx

cmx

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

Thanks, didnt noticed the 'approval needed' message after hitting repley the first time.:rolleyes:

#14 c147258

c147258

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

I am happy that you got it managed and now... lets find a solution to get CM9 running on it ;)

#15 HellGuy

HellGuy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

I would love to have CM9 on our device. Btw while rooting, what changes should be made to match or resolution in build.prob?

#16 HellGuy

HellGuy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Second message was mistake. Deleted.

Edited by HellGuy, 13 June 2012 - 12:04 AM.

#17 Pragmatic Procrastinator

Pragmatic Procrastinator

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

I rooted my Ampe A10 as well and I can see the same lagging behavior while browsing.
That's happening because the CPU seems to spend a lot of time on a root process called nandd.
I could not find a lot of informations about this process online, but the name and the high priority suggests it might be a NAND daemon, most likely a misconfigured one.
I will keep to look into it but some help from some more experienced Android hackers would be more than welcome.

#18 saido58

saido58

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hi friends,
I have a sanei n10. After running livesuit, I couldnt connect my tablet to PC via USB. When tablet opened, PC dont recognize my tablet no longer. I reset it factory settings but never changed. I need your help because I cant root my tablet.

Thanks

#19 vespas

vespas

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:20 AM

I rooted my Ampe A10 as well and I can see the same lagging behavior while browsing.
That's happening because the CPU seems to spend a lot of time on a root process called nandd.
I could not find a lot of informations about this process online, but the name and the high priority suggests it might be a NAND daemon, most likely a misconfigured one.
I will keep to look into it but some help from some more experienced Android hackers would be more than welcome.

Hi the same thing happens to my Ampe A90 with several different firmware versions. It looks like a firmware bug. Since I cannot there isn't much information on nandd on the web, it seems that they must have renamed the service? A dissassembly of the binary could provide some more information if that is the case...

Also, is do you think there any hope of contacting the manufacturer about this?

#20 SilverShadow

SilverShadow

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

At http://www.szsanei.c...down.asp?id=740 there is a new firmware from 14.06.2012 with version 4.04

unfortunately the download is protected with a password :(