Photo

[FAQ] - If you have any questions about the device submit them HERE!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 popp87

popp87

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

What accessories do you recommend for the g9t? I can't seem to find a store that has anything specifically for it.

#22 Fandr0id

Fandr0id

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

What accessories do you recommend for the g9t? I can't seem to find a store that has anything specifically for it.

I ordered my Tab along with a USB keyboard protection case that fits perfectly. It's the standard for factor 9.7". On ########### I found dedicated screen protectors.
Additionally you can find USB adapters, just have a look around.

#23 anton_pm

anton_pm

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hi All,

A couple of questions - how long do you all get when your tabs are on standby? Mine discharges by 30-40% overnight. Also takes around 10 hours to charge, is this normal? Standby is showing as using 50% of the battery! This is not really ideal! I am running the latest firmware from Gemei, unrooted.

Secondly, does anyone have the usb drivers?

Cheers,

Anton

#24 Fandr0id

Fandr0id

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Can anyone please tell me how you made it happen to get your G9T's driver installed? Did you get the popup prompt as like on any other USB device?
Where can I find the driver?

Alright, I read the G9 thread and found a link to LiveSuite including the drivers. Plus, I learned to hold Vol.+ while plugging into (NONhost!) port. Then the Tab's screen informs me about USB to PC connection. Then I can enable memory access for file transfer.
For the script I don't know which mode is necessary. Both modes won't let the first script option detect/list my G9T. Strangely after first connection check in "normal" USB mode the script performs daemon stuff and all as normal. But after switching to "file transfer" mode and reopening the script it seems no operations are made again.

So please tell me someone, which mode is the one to run script sucessfully??

#25 Geoff78

Geoff78

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

Hi everyone. I received my Gemei G9T a few days ago and when I turned it on it worked but the screen kept flashing and flickering intermittently. This happpend quite regularly. The folks at merimobiles sent me instructions on how to upgrade the firmware which i preceded to do. Unfortunately now when I turn the unit on, all i get is like a flashing black and white screen and nothing else. Does anyone know how I can totally restore the unit or reinstall firmware etc. Any help would be much appreciated as the unit is totally unusable at present. THanks

#26 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:15 AM

Hi all, please help me!! :(
I am a Newbie and just received my GEMEI G9T tablet yest.

I am having problem with some apps (error "app not compatible with device")
It seems like the i need to root it. I am not so sure how to do that but trying to follow Mr.Tasselhof's steps, downloaded: Tasselhof - Stock - Root, Market, Build.Prop, & Tweaks Script - G9T.

I really duno how to use it! Help!

Stuck at here I think:

"Choose Option (1 thru 10): 2
Rooting...
Start Rooting...
failed on '/data/local/tmp' - Permission denied
link failed File exists
reboot #1 - DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE!
/system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: Permission denied
reboot #2 - DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE!
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su': Permission denied
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
rm failed for /system/xbin/su, No such file or directory
link failed Permission denied
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/./Superuser.apk': Permission deni
ed
rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/local/tmp, Permission denied
failed on '/data/local/tmp.bak' - No such file or directory
5275 KB/s (1075144 bytes in 0.199s)
mount: permission denied (are you root?)
/system/xbin/busybox: cannot open for write: Permission denied
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: Operation not permitted
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: Operation not permitted
--install: applet not found
'
All Done ROOTING Gemei G9, SPECIAL THANKS TO: TransformerPrimeRoot.com!
Press any key to continue . . ."

Please advise me how to go about doing it, the step by step.

I cant even open all e .rar .apk files without the correct programs.

#27 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Hi Everyone,

I need ur expertise on this matter.
I have just received my GEMEI G9T on Monday and having some problems.

1) Apps not compatible with Device. it's running on Andriod 4.0.4. I have checked via the tablet that there is no further updates (firmware).
I would like to run more apps from Google Play Store. Do i really need to root it?

2) Via USB2 , my laptop does not detect the tablet as a storage device, though it can detect that there is an Android device. I am not able to see the files in the tablet. If it because I do not have a TF in the tablet? Do I really need a TF?

3) I tried to root using ur superscript, 1st step n there is no device detected. Do i need a Device Driver for this tablet? I cant seem to find it online, please help!

4) Is it normal that WIFI will disconnect after device goes to sleep?

5) How long does it take to charge it fully?
I tried using my Samsung Galaxy USB2 wall charger, 10% per hour! OMG!
Then i bot a Wall adapter head for Apple and used the supplied USB/DC cable. I left it to charge overnight and it's 100%. Still it's very very slow, is this normal?

Sorry i have alot of questions... rooting seems very complicated to me, i just want to run the apps I have in my google play store (sync w my S2 phone). Is there any other options? Can u help me with a Step-by-step guide?
Help..... please.... thank you very much for your patience! :drinks:

Warm regards,
JS Ng

#28 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hi guys,

Am Trying to root it using MrTasselhof's script.

But I am having problem with getting Laptop to recognise the device.
Step 1 already failed ...bleah.

Downloaded Livesuit.zip. tried LiveSuit.exe. Don't knw how it works... can anyone advise me on the step-by-step?
I read some "pressing Volume + and power button flash 6-10times..." when do i do tat?
I am running on Windows 7 -64 bits btw, make sure the Livesuit has got a driver X64 file, but still duno how to use it.

Posted Image

#29 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Hi Guys,

this is the problem i am having.... please advise.. i just duno which 1 to update / uninstall to which Driver....
Please advice.
Thank you!

Attached Files

#30 zardozk

zardozk

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:58 PM

Mr T,

Do you think your script will work on the G6? it has the same cpu as the G9T

thanks

#31 G9TCHICK59

G9TCHICK59

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

I just wanted to start a separate thread for any questions about the device.
I will attempt to answer any and all questions that are asked as I am one of the few that currently has this device in their hands. (or at least believe I will have it in a couple hours)

Thanks!

Tasselhof

i , first of all want to tell how much i am looking forward to your knowledge so i can get my g9t up to my expectations. it is still china and i want it english firmed. i make jewelry and want to install apps that let me design and control my inventory and business needs. also lots of fun playtime too!!! second, this site is awesome and i'm so happy to have found it so that i can get a little tech savvy and don't feel like such and idiot when i try to even talk about it . it's embarrassing , to say the least, because i am far from idiocy prognostication. third, i am in love with my tablet and want to explore and learn all her wonderful abilities!!! thank you , i anxiously await my acceptance so i can begin my journey, sincerely, G9TCHICK59

#32 icecube7

icecube7

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:13 AM

i see a slot that might probably fit my micro SD card..but not sure if it really will fit since the space mentions TF.. wat card does this support anyway?

#33 Fandr0id

Fandr0id

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

i see a slot that might probably fit my micro SD card..but not sure if it really will fit since the space mentions TF.. wat card does this support anyway?

TF is just the old name of what you call MicroSD. Though, in China they still seem to use it.

#34 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

I just wanted to start a separate thread for any questions about the device.
I will attempt to answer any and all questions that are asked as I am one of the few that currently has this device in their hands. (or at least believe I will have it in a couple hours)

Thanks!

Tasselhof

Hi Mr.Tasselhof,
Do u have a copy of GEMEI GT9M's factory firmware? I recently updated the firmware to the latest (Nov issue) n now my google playstore doesn't work, same w Gmail app. I had previously rooted w GT9 zip via SD card n used ur build.prop. my superuser app n root explorer is also gone! Pls help....=<

#35 JS Ng

JS Ng

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hi Mr.Tasselhof,
Do u have a copy of GEMEI GT9M's factory firmware? I recently updated the firmware to the latest (Nov issue) n now my google playstore doesn't work, same w Gmail app. I had previously rooted w GT9 zip via SD card n used ur build.prop. my superuser app n root explorer is also gone! Pls help....=<

Hi,

I have managed to resolve all the problems i faced after sleeping on it for 2 days (passively thinking of solutions). Hahah!

I restored with last firmware 20120726 version via TF card in recovery boot mode,
update from G9T_root.zip file, then Gemei G9T xmlfiles and build.prop.zip file (copy build.prop file n permissions etc)

Reboot n viola....thank you so much for ur advise!

#36 mylovelyswetie

mylovelyswetie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

Hi Mr.T,

My G9TM was not able to hold the battery life as the power was cut whenever the power cable is unplugged. Ive tried to open the back cover and observed that the balck (gnd) cable to battery has no connection. I fixed it and tried to turn on but it cant be ON at all. Please advise..

PS: Previously, Im still able to use it with power connection.

#37 LanZone

LanZone

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:37 AM

Hi Mr Tass,

I have a couple (yes 2) G9TM and I am confused about the true CPU speed.

When I was purchasing them, all the advertising, including the specs listed on the Gemei website (the bits I could get to work) say the CPU is an AMLogic 8726-MX dual core 1.5ghz. Interstingly enough, this is the exact same CPU listed for the Gemei G6, but it is listed as 1.2ghz. All info I have been able to find on the 8726-MX say the speed range is 48->1200mhz

I have installed 3 different hardware info tools, and all of them show the cpu is running at (and has a max speed of) 1.2ghz, not 1.5. I have checked CPU settings, and found 'normal' performance' and 'power save' modes. Normal seems to dynamically adjust CPU speed depending on load, performance appears to lock it at 1.2ghz, while power save seems to drop to between 336mhz and 778mhz.

My Question for you is this: If both the G6 and the G9tm use the same cpu, with a listed max speed of 1.2ghz, is it really supposed to be (overclocked to?) 1.5ghz in the G9tm? or is this just a typo from Gemei that has been repeated and reprinted through all the advertising material?

If the answer is "it should be running at 1.5ghz", then my next question would be, How do I get it up to full speed?

Thanks in advance,

Terry @ LanZone

#38 bonekj

bonekj

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Anyone know how keep the screen on the gemei g9t on at the same time as it is connected to TV via hdmi ?
Currently as soon as i switch to hdmi out the screen goes blank and i lose the ability to control apps/games.

Any suggestions appreciated.

#39 LanZone

LanZone

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

OK, I now also have a G6 as well, and it also shows 1.2ghz speed, but recently spotted the G6 being advertised as 1.5ghz, so the same(mis)-advertising seems to be happening here too. Does anyone have any concrete info on the CPU in the G6 and G9 that can answer this question once and for all?

Thanks

Hi Mr Tass,

I have a couple (yes 2) G9TM and I am confused about the true CPU speed.

When I was purchasing them, all the advertising, including the specs listed on the Gemei website (the bits I could get to work) say the CPU is an AMLogic 8726-MX dual core 1.5ghz. Interstingly enough, this is the exact same CPU listed for the Gemei G6, but it is listed as 1.2ghz. All info I have been able to find on the 8726-MX say the speed range is 48->1200mhz

I have installed 3 different hardware info tools, and all of them show the cpu is running at (and has a max speed of) 1.2ghz, not 1.5. I have checked CPU settings, and found 'normal' performance' and 'power save' modes. Normal seems to dynamically adjust CPU speed depending on load, performance appears to lock it at 1.2ghz, while power save seems to drop to between 336mhz and 778mhz.

My Question for you is this: If both the G6 and the G9tm use the same cpu, with a listed max speed of 1.2ghz, is it really supposed to be (overclocked to?) 1.5ghz in the G9tm? or is this just a typo from Gemei that has been repeated and reprinted through all the advertising material?

If the answer is "it should be running at 1.5ghz", then my next question would be, How do I get it up to full speed?

Thanks in advance,

Terry @ LanZone

Edited by LanZone, 13 January 2013 - 11:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users