Delta-9

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

The AntiPad ROM

While I have attempted to test this ROM thoroughly, with any complex system, components can interact unpredictably ... <Insert Standard Disclaimer Here>. Use it at your own risk.

First of all, this ROM is not designed for every user. It has a pretty heavy geek/developer orientation. I have a number of design philosophies which will not taste great to everyone. For example:

1. Keep the OS small and fast! Install only those apps you use every day. A larger archive of apps can be stored locally for easy access without slowing down the OS. However ...
2. You can never have too many Browsers or File Managers! OK, I'm exaggerating here to make a point. These 2 rules may seem contradictory, but I find life with a single Browser (or File Manager) is like wearing a wool sweater that's a size too small.

Undoubtedly, my selection of apps won't suit everyone either. But, all apps can be uninstalled (even system) with Link2SD. In addition, Link2SD can convert system apps to user apps and vice-versa. So, this ROM is really just an example of what can be done with the core functionality provided. Well, enough of that, on to the bullets ...

v2.1.1

Market is broken in this version. D/L only if you don't need or want Market.

Features

* Built on Velocity Micro's OEM Firmware released 11/16/2011

* Rooted & Updated to Android 2.1-update1

* Lightweight - Optimized for performance on the VMCR

* Full Google Experience (Market v2.3.6)

* 512 MB Apps Storage with Auto-Link

* 256 MB Swap partition

* 8 MB SD Card cache

* Updated Samsung 2D/3D drivers

* Dalvik Virtual Machine (with JIT) re-compiled for the S3C6410 CPU

* GPU Accelerated Android GUI

* Enhanced Security: Antimalware & Firewall

* Flashlite plugin 1.0 (in browsers with support)

* Launcher GUI enhanced to access many more apps efficiently

* Most Google-sponsored advertising (AdMob) blocked by hosts file

* Advanced su rights management (includes Cloaking & Un-rooting)

* WiFi tweaked to save battery & improve stability

* Viable workaround for flakey WiFi (~90% effective)

Screenshots

Attached File  Left.png   107.42KB   69 downloads Attached File  Home.png   139.67KB   66 downloads Attached File  Right.png   98.99KB   51 downloads

Downloads

Market is broken in this version. D/L only if you don't need or want Market.

Setup.txt 3.2 KB
MicroSD FAT32 App Archive.zip 143.2 MB
SD Card Content.zip 191.6 MB
The AntiPad v2.1.1.md5 268 Bytes

New Links on Google Drive

v2.1.2

Changes

* Simpler, leaner & faster
* Market fixed
* Significantly improved WiFi management
* Streamlined setup process
* The App Archive will enable you to construct a reasonable facsimile of v2.1.1, if desired.

Screenshots

Attached File  Left_2.1.2.png   111.86KB   45 downloads Attached File  Home_2.1.2.png   128.66KB   35 downloads Attached File  Right_2.1.2.png   101.43KB   44 downloads

Downloads

Setup.txt 4.4 KB
MicroSD FAT32 App Archive.zip 137 MB
SD Card Content.zip 183 MB
The AntiPad v2.1.2.md5 267 Bytes

New Links on Google Drive

v2.1.3

This release has required such a monumental effort to pull off that it will almost certainly be the final version for this platform. I believe that I've achieved my original goal to enable the VMCR to "be all it can be" within a reasonable margin. I'd like to thank you all for your kind words and encouragement along the way!

Changes

* Redesigned user interface, inspired by Android 4.0 - Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS).
* Multi-launcher environment, Zeam Launcher by default (See Screenshots).
* Insomnia finally cured (Although there is no vaccine - See Known Issues #2 below).
* Further streamlined the setup process.

Screenshots

Attached File  Zeam 1.png   160.06KB   43 downloads Attached File  Zeam 2.png   185.74KB   36 downloads Attached File  Zeam 3.png   248.56KB   29 downloads Zeam Launcher (Default)

Attached File  ADW 1.png   134.02KB   21 downloads Attached File  ADW 2.png   152.15KB   15 downloads Attached File  ADW 3.png   193.07KB   14 downloads ADW.Launcher
Attached File  Home 1.png   151.17KB   17 downloads Attached File  Home 2.png   173.39KB   17 downloads Attached File  Home 3.png   243.69KB   14 downloads Home
Attached File  ICS 1.png   134.25KB   18 downloads Attached File  ICS 2.png   151.16KB   17 downloads Attached File  ICS 3.png   191.63KB   19 downloads ICS Launcher
Attached File  LauncherPro 1.png   132.92KB   23 downloads Attached File  LauncherPro 2.png   149.47KB   15 downloads Attached File  LauncherPro 3.png   193.21KB   13 downloads LauncherPro
Attached File  Lightning 1.png   159.27KB   19 downloads Attached File  Lightning 2.png   180.08KB   16 downloads Attached File  Lightning 3.png   246.15KB   9 downloads Lightning Launcher

Downloads

Setup.txt 4.3 KB *** Important: To avoid problems, please use this revised "Setup.txt" instead of the one contained in "SD Card Content.zip."
MicroSD FAT32 App Archive.zip 94.5 MB
SD Card Content.zip 184 MB
The AntiPad v2.1.3.md5 269 Bytes

If you're still interested, you can get started by downloading the SD Card Content.zip package and extracting its contents to a full-size SD card that's at least 512 MB in size. Then, update your firmware with this SD card (it will be very quick) and proceed by following the instructions in Setup.txt on the card. I would suggest printing or keeping a copy of Setup.txt open on another device, since the SD card will not be available throughout the process. It's also available separately as a convenience.

The MicroSD FAT32 App Archive.zip is an archive of locally stored apps which, while not technically required, will enable you to construct a far more complete tablet very quickly & easily. Just extract the contents to the root of the MicroSD once you have the ROM setup and read App Archive.txt in the root for further instructions.

This ROM is complex enough that deployment is really only practical with Randomblame & Chambejp's port of CWM Recovery for the WPDN. So, a super-sized THANK YOU to them! You guys are premium!

And a hardy round of applause for my partner in crime, Mr Krinkle.:clapping: Without his help & feedback, I would have given up on this a long time ago. Thanks for everything, Bro!

Known Issues

1. On the VMCR, Eclair seems prone to spitting out spurious "Application not responding" error messages. To deal with these, consult the CPU Meter (SeePU) in the taskbar to determine if the CPU is stuck at 100% busy. If not, then tap "Wait." If it is and it remains that way for several seconds, then you should probably force close the app. If the error is reported at boot, it's best to "Wait" and see if it re-occurs. :pardon:

2. Again, on the VMCR, Eclair seems prone to developing a condition I refer to as "Insomnia" where the device is unable to go to sleep or is unable to stay asleep. Either symptom results in a device that drains its battery very rapidly. The problem seems to involve 3rd-party apps that use "Wake Locks" and usually involves interaction between multiple 3rd-party apps (although there are exceptions). This problem is EXTREMELY difficult & time-consuming to troubleshoot and very easy to produce. In some cases, adding a single app can do it. So, most of the time, the best solution is to restore the last backup (that could sleep & stay asleep) with CWM Recovery. This issue does not occur in TAPR v2.1.3 OOTB, but can certainly re-appear, so watch for it. =@

3. In TAPR v2.1.3, the Google Search Bar on the center homescreen of Zeam, LauncherPro, Lightning & stock Home is purely cosmetic at this point. It does not function. Perhaps this will be corrected in an update of the ICS Searchbox app. :(

4. In TAPR v2.1.3, once you decide which launcher option you prefer to use as default, you may need to remove the ES Task Manager widget from the left homescreen and re-create it. For some reason, it won't function properly on multiple launchers w/o this work-around. <_<

Warnings

1. I strongly recommend that you research the use of ClockWorkMod Recovery before attempting any operations beyond simple backup and restore. CWM Recovery is an extremely powerful tool and can easily be used to brick your tablet if you don't know what you are doing. Be sure to look into the SD card names, since they will not be what you expect.

2. I must also strongly discourage hacking this ROM in an attempt to run it overclocked. While I discourage overclocking the VMCR in any case, this ROM already pushes the hardware very close to its limits in a number of ways. So, it should be the worst possible candidate for overclocking.

Edited by Delta-9, 20 September 2012 - 04:09 PM.

• Mr Krinkle and B. R. Ashley like this
/\9

VMCR R101, R102 & R103
The AntiPad ROM v2.1.3

iView 760TPC
AllWinner A10 CPU @ 1.2 GHz 1.0 GHz (Stable @ 1.152 GHz)
OEM GB 2.3.5 or OEM ICS 4.0.3 or CM9 or CM10
Firmware Mods

#2 windom

windom

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

I just installed this rom. The install was amazing. Very professional. the start-up animation is nice too. The CWM is really impressive. A much nicer job than what Velocity did. Alas it couldn't turn the VMCR into a Samsung Galaxy. I find it it's still a little balky. Don't get me wrong. This is easily the *BEST* ROM for this little ereader. But I found the overall feel is that the unit is a bit underpowered (maybe cuz it is) but that is only fixed by getting another tablet.

I partitioned my internal micro SD (8 GB) before starting the upgrade and then formatted the partitions in the step that described the partitioning of the card. A few warnings about unresponsive apps. The biggest problem is that I cannot connect to the unit over USB. Haven't tried wireless yet. I am hoping for better battery life. It's been dismal (with the other ROMs) unless I powered down the unit.

Great job and a 'well done.'

w

#3 Delta-9

Delta-9

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 06 June 2012 - 01:10 AM

Wow, thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate them!

Alas it couldn't turn the VMCR into a Samsung Galaxy.

:rofl: I can't seem to pull off that walking on water thing either!:lol:

You're absolutely right, it is underpowered for the job that it's asked to do. My guess is that even at 533MHz, the SMDK6410 platform was probably fine in a phone with the 270x480 displays that were common in 2009, but 600x800 is asking it to push around almost 4 times as many pixels - and that's a big difference.
Changing the CPU governor to performance will help somewhat but cost a little battery life. Changing the I/O scheduler to deadline will improve responsiveness, but introduce a little instability too. So, these tweaks are disabled by default.

A few warnings about unresponsive apps.

Yeah, I have not been able to track down the origin of these but I'm still investigating. In most cases, the CPU does not stay busy, so they should simply be regarded as erroneous - tap Wait. Only force close if the CPU stays 100% busy longer than you think it should based on recent actions.

The biggest problem is that I cannot connect to the unit over USB.

This is a major concern.:shok: I've seen this lately in my year old R101, but I thought the USB port was just getting worn/loose. So far, if it doesn't connect in 3-5 seconds, I unplug it and try again. I don't think it's ever failed on the second attempt. Please keep me advised regarding this issue!

And again, thanks so much for your feedback! :D

Edited by Delta-9, 06 June 2012 - 01:52 PM.

/\9

VMCR R101, R102 & R103
The AntiPad ROM v2.1.3

iView 760TPC
Firmware Mods

#4 windom

windom

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

I got a chance to fool around some more with the new ROM. Today USB connected just fine. Transferred files to the Cruz's SD cards that were mounted as mass storage devices on my laptop and also connected via adb shell. Wireless worked just fine. Market did not. 'Download was unsuccessful' was the notification. That tells you a lot. NOT! Tried getjar but when I tried to DL something it just threw me back into Market with the same result. I really don't care because anything not included with your packages would probably just lead to performance trouble anyways (I think this is objective and not 'sour grapes'). Using Market I think of myself as a Windows 98 user trying to use current software. Just isn't pretty.

I used FBReader on and epub. Worked fine. Played some mp3s. Used PDF Reader on the Linux Journal. It worked better than ezPDF which, until now, I thought was the best pdf reader out there. LJ's going digital was the big reason for getting the reader. It's just large enough to render a full page that can be (for me) easily read. Still undecided about battery life. My problem has always been the battery going dead when the reader is supposed to be in sleep mode (simple, short touch of the power button). My suspicion has been that it is a short coming in Eclair itself. Time will tell. Using the defaults on the cpu controller with brightness turned way down and wireless off.

In short, I still like. Even battery life doesn't improve it's still what I had before the change. I think your general layout and included apps are well-thought-out. It's amazing what a nicer looking product it is that what came from VM retail. The fact they don't include Market in their products tells you a lot about how much they put into R and D. Don't think I'll ever buy another product from them. However, it is perfectly adequate as an eBook reader. If all one wanted to do was read books and listen to mp3s, it's a fine product seeing they were going for well under $100 at the end.

w

#5 Delta-9

Delta-9

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Today USB connected just fine.

Whew! That's a relief concerning USB.

Wireless worked just fine. Market did not. 'Download was unsuccessful' was the notification.

Hmmm, Mr. Krinkle was reporting issues with Market too, but I'm not sure if it's related. You do have sufficient free space on /cache and /data?
Yeah, GetJAR is becoming increasingly dependent on Market.:bad:

...the battery going dead when the reader is supposed to be in sleep mode.

Yeah, I suspect that either the issues with WiFi or ill-mannered apps resulted in most ROMs never actually allowing the device to sleep but have no proof or solution yet. WIP.
Oh, I did boot tune The AntiPad ROM for a 90 second boot time target hoping to make powering down less of a PITA. It ain't much, but (dare I say it?) I hope I'm close to curing the insomnia too.

It sounds like you're doing the best that can be done ATM to curb power consumption. I assume you've power-cycled the battery 2 or 3 times attempting to restore full capacity?

I agree with your appraisal of the product 100%. But, in fairness, we must also admit that VM never really claimed it was anything but a reader.
Again, thanks for your kind words and follow-up! :D
/\9

VMCR R101, R102 & R103
The AntiPad ROM v2.1.3

iView 760TPC
Firmware Mods

#6 windom

windom

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

Sleep mode is definitely a problem. Last night I notice the screen-on-when-its-off syndrome. Battery goes quickly when in sleep mode. A couple of times the reader turned on when I picked it up when it was in sleep mode. 3 or 4 hours can produce a produce a considerable change in the battery level. I also noticed my cpu being pegged out for long stretches. I disabled Dr Eye and things are more reasonable. Virus checkers can drag down even desktops so what chance does the Cruz have?

A short time ago I put my reader on the side for a few weeks and was surprised to find that the battery stayed remarkably charge (Like 90%) for a couple of weeks. I have yet to find a process manager that shows cpu and memory usage. Maybe I haven't found it yet. The file manager in the stock Cruz had a nice one. Maybe I'll disable some more apps. Any suggestions? I could do without most anything for more battery life, a proper sleep mode. I don't care about market and I'm not going to use it for email so those are likely candidates.

Otherwise, everything is great. I haven't run into any other problems.

w

#7 windom

windom

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

I found this link about eclair where sleepmode is mentioned link
Someone mentions adding pm.sleepmode=2 in startup.txt. I can't find that file. Is this any help? Obviously I have almost no idea of how this fits into the scheme of things.

Your android ignorant user,

w
  • Mr Krinkle likes this

#8 Delta-9

Delta-9

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Frankly, I'm baffled as well. :unknw: It looks like they're talking about some sort of init script, but I'm not aware of a startup.sh or any script that would have a .txt extension. I suppose it could be part of the bootloader or kernel images, because IDK anything about their contents.
My gut feeling is that if it's not enabled by default in Eclair, Google probably considered it beta and it might be risky or problematic. Of course, so are some of the "Turbo Mods" I enable in build.prop, but I tested them pretty extensively before deciding to enable them by default.

Which reminds me, re: performance, I should have stated that after updating GPU drivers from Samsung and enabling GPU acceleration of the Android GUI, I turned on all window animations. The performance hit is significantly less than it was on OEM firmware, but there is still a hit. So, these can be turned down or off, if desired.
/\9

VMCR R101, R102 & R103
The AntiPad ROM v2.1.3

iView 760TPC
Firmware Mods

#9 Mr Krinkle

Mr Krinkle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMonrovia, CA

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

First off, I want to concur with Windom's statement above.. what we have here is a ROM of the highest order for our device, and I for one feel it includes marked improvement in a myriad of ways. -So here's to new development!
:drinks:

Someone mentions adding pm.sleepmode=2 in startup.txt. I can't find that file. Is this any help? Obviously I have almost no idea of how this fits into the scheme of things.

You could throw that into build.prop with proper permissions set.
I did try
pm.sleep_mode=1
a while back on JGM 4.0, seemed like it was not half waking quite as much.. the AntiPad beta ROM Delta-9 cooked up seemed at first to keep power consumption
pretty low for me, but after some tampering with restores and reflashing I began to get crashes and drains during sleep.. I assumed they were isolated issues- until now.
<_<
Maybe it was something I did?... not sure.. Imma reflash my R101 with the release right now. I am dang curious.
Sorry Delta! I didn't see power drains consistently.. So again, I didn't bother you about that.

Edited by Mr Krinkle, 10 June 2012 - 08:32 AM.

-MK

VMC R101:
AntiPad v2.1.3 @533 MHz / JGM 4.0 @ 533 MHz
PMID701i: ICS Rooted and self modded @1GHz
PMID4311: ICS Stock @1GHz
Samsung Galaxy SIII I747 Jellybean @1.4GHz quad

Thug: [holding up a bowling ball] What the f*ck is this?
The Dude: Obviously you're not a golfer.

#10 Delta-9

Delta-9

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Thanks for the kind words, MK.

Power consumption is an issue even on OEM (and on many other Android devices). I'm starting to suspect that the only real solution will not be acceptable to anyone. So, Market is my focus ATM.:sorry:

When I can find the time, I'll explain my theory re: power and how to test it.
/\9

VMCR R101, R102 & R103
The AntiPad ROM v2.1.3

iView 760TPC
Firmware Mods

#11 Delta-9

Delta-9

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

Partners in crime,

Re: Power
Try this out if/when you can - use Link2SD to freeze Contacts (not Storage) in System applications & then reboot. It may have no impact at all, but apparently has caused battery drain on other tablets. I added it because I wanted the contacts list for Google Voice. The phone component will disappear as well. Please let me know what you think.
I saw this study elsewhere a couple months back, found it very discouraging: The REAL Cost of Free Apps. Google needs to address this!:(

Re: Market
I think I may be close to diagnosing the Market problem, thanks to Mr. Krinkle!:clapping: If so, the fix won't be very pretty.:bad: But, only time will tell.

Edited by Delta-9, 11 June 2012 - 12:05 AM.

• Mr Krinkle likes this
/\9

VMCR R101, R102 & R103
The AntiPad ROM v2.1.3

iView 760TPC
Firmware Mods

#12 windom

windom

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

I didn't know there was such a facility in link2sd. Now it's my new toy. I was rather aggressive and froze anything that I didn't think was operation critical and seemed to use network resources. I froze a whole slew of things. However, after 6-7 hours my battery was down to 30%. Maybe a *little* better. When I picked it up this morning, it turned on by itself. It's still not sleeping deep enough. I froze another couple of apps. After a charge, I'll test again.

w

#13 Delta-9

Delta-9

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

I haven't been able to see much difference with any of the things I've been trying either. But, I think you're getting substantially longer than I am. I'm seeing more like 3-4 hours with 20-30% charge remaining, but that's just a guestimation. In addition, my battery is over a year old now with 1-2 charge/discharge cycles per day.

It sounds like you're well on your way to testing my worst-case scenario. I fear that nothing we can do will make much difference at all unless we can eliminate all WakeLocks. A little research suggests that this functionality in Android was both ill-concieved and poorly implemented (1).

And if that picture isn't ugly enough, my own experience with the power management (PM) capabilities of Linux is NOT encouraging. Here, implementation of any PM seems spotty, at best (Sorry Linus). I'm afraid that, perhaps, what we've got is a house of cards (Android PM) built on a foundation of jello (Linux PM).80
/\9

VMCR R101, R102 & R103
The AntiPad ROM v2.1.3

iView 760TPC
Firmware Mods

#14 windom

windom

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I put the reader in a dark room. A few hours later I checked on it and found the screen on very dim. Hard to see even in the dark but that's why it turned on when I picked it up. Of course, the battery had drained appreciably. My uneducated guess is that it is a sleep mode problem and will persist no matter what programs are turned off. I wish a developer from Velocity was around. I bet she would know.

w

#15 lakotahope

lakotahope

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

I didn't know there was such a facility in link2sd. Now it's my new toy. I was rather aggressive and froze anything that I didn't think was operation critical and seemed to use network resources. I froze a whole slew of things. However, after 6-7 hours my battery was down to 30%. Maybe a *little* better. When I picked it up this morning, it turned on by itself. It's still not sleeping deep enough. I froze another couple of apps. After a charge, I'll test again.

w

My R101 has always turned on then off during the supposed sleep cycle. Quite irritating. How do I get the link2sd going? For a $75 eReader that acts like a tablet--I like it.

#16 lakotahope

lakotahope

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

I put the reader in a dark room. A few hours later I checked on it and found the screen on very dim. Hard to see even in the dark but that's why it turned on when I picked it up. Of course, the battery had drained appreciably. My uneducated guess is that it is a sleep mode problem and will persist no matter what programs are turned off. I wish a developer from Velocity was around. I bet she would know.

w

My R101 has always done this with the dim light always on periodic turning on and off during "supposed sleep".

#17 Delta-9

Delta-9

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

You're correct. This issue existed in the stock firmware from Velocity Micro and has persisted in every ROM based on it AFAIK. I am looking into it as time permits, but I'm not optimistic.:mellow:
/\9

VMCR R101, R102 & R103
The AntiPad ROM v2.1.3

iView 760TPC
Firmware Mods

#18 Trandel

Trandel

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

OMFG, I finally found the rom of my dreams..... and I find it after the links expire, lol. Please tell me if and when you plan on putting up links for this again. Please and thank you :).

#19 Trandel

Trandel

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

Got the rom on this morning and I love it lol. Just one thing. I cant seem to get link2sd to work for some reason. When I open it up it says "Second partition not found". Not sure what to do here. I've tried using the MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition that was talked about on the http://www.link2sd.info/description site, followed the directions on how to set it up. and it seemed to work. When I go back into link2sd though, no dice.

PS.....

Anyone tips on removing some of the apps that came with the rom? I love most of them but there's a few that I know will never been used and will just hang around in my int storage forever lol.

#20 Delta-9

Delta-9

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHuntsville, AL

Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:37 AM

I've tried using the MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition ...

Unfortunately, MiniTool is incompatible. From the 1st post:

If you're still interested, you can get started by downloading the SD Card Content.zip package and extracting its contents to a full-size SD card that's at least 512 MB in size. Then, update your firmware with this SD card (it will be very quick) and proceed by following the instructions in Setup.txt on the card.

Anyone tips on removing some of the apps that came with the rom? I love most of them but there's a few that I know will never been used and will just hang around in my int storage forever lol.

Again, from the 1st post:

Undoubtedly, my selection of apps won't suit everyone either. But, all apps can be uninstalled (even system) with Link2SD. In addition, Link2SD can convert system apps to user apps and vice-versa.

PM me if you continue to experience difficulties. My goal is a painless installation! :D
  • Mr Krinkle likes this
/\9

VMCR R101, R102 & R103
The AntiPad ROM v2.1.3

iView 760TPC
Firmware Mods