#1 Polv89

Polv89

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

There are the thread for Tornado firmwares:

How to update:
1) Back up your important files before upgrading.
2) Download novo7_tornados_0518.rar and decompress it to TF card root directory. The decompressed files should under TF card root directory and the TF card must be fat32 format.
3) Insert the TF card into the device and keep the tablet off with more than 30% battery. Charging is not recommended during updating.
4) Hold-Press the -Volume and power button for four seconds at the same time. Release the buttons when upper left screen corner shows green instruction.
5) Updating process is automatically and the tablet will be off or restart itself if the updating is success.
6) It takes a little long to start the tablet for the first time.Don't stop process or restart the tablet immediately, it is better to restart 5-10 minutes later.
7) The firmware has been rooted. DON'T use third party apps to root the tablet or replace busybox.
8) Anti-virus, optimization or safe apps are not necessory for the tablet.

ORIGINAL:
0515 - 22/05/2012: LINK MIRROR
0601 - __/__/____ : LINK

MODDED:
Feiyu mod 0526: LINK

Edited by Polv89, 13 June 2012 - 05:32 AM.

#2 Sparkle

Sparkle

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

I've found this : http://bbs.ainol.com...69&extra=page=1

I don't understand if need cwm recovery or not..
thanks

I've install it with original recovery but touch screen don't work very well :(

#3 ZulTheSkyWalker

ZulTheSkyWalker

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:39 AM

Unfortunately I can't understand a thing from ainol website..I hope someone can translate and put the update in slatedroid..

#4 JohnK

JohnK

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

Has anyone found any drivers to get this to work with Windows (XP preferably)? I would like to start messing with the Tornado I just got but Windows wants drivers before I can start doing ADB or firmware. Thanks.

#5 iamkanga

iamkanga

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

There are a few options here just make sure you load up all files. Dont know if you can do atthe same time i did mine seperatley.

Had trouble with 5/26 though changed my device name to a Samsung something and kept getting a force close on the google search bar/widget.

Hope that helps.

http://www.androidta...p-tutorial.html

#6 Polv89

Polv89

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

The feiyu mod change the model of the tablet to do compatibles all app from play store!!

#7 iamkanga

iamkanga

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

The feiyu mod change the model of the tablet to do compatibles all app from play store!!

Yes but give me problem when try to use inbuilt google search.

Do you have this problem also Polv89?

I have 5/18 app store and everything good. Not all apps but can side load with applanet

Edited by iamkanga, 31 May 2012 - 09:03 PM.

#8 Polv89

Polv89

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

Yes but give me problem when try to use inbuilt google search.

Do you have this problem also Polv89?

I have 5/18 app store and everything good. Not all apps but can side load with applanet

Hello..i don't use daily tornados, and more precisely i don't use google search (do you mean the bar?)
I know that this feiyu mod have bugs, but in future will be updated and optimized

With feiyu mod play store is complete, applanet is a non perfect legal app :)

#9 opelcalibra

opelcalibra

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

hi all. thanks for the update.
to fix the google search issue

download this apk

http://forum.xda-dev...27&d=1338280259

on your device

use root explorer to copy and paste it to \system\app

the device will reboot and search works!

#10 iamkanga

iamkanga

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

hi all. thanks for the update.
to fix the google search issue

download this apk

http://forum.xda-dev...27&d=1338280259

on your device

use root explorer to copy and paste it to \system\app

the device will reboot and search works!

Thanks for your help.

I assume it must be unzipped first and also I cant find an APK file in the package?

As i assume thats what you want to put in the app folder?

#11 iamkanga

iamkanga

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

Sorted delete letters ZIP and replace with APK once on SD Card.

Thanks again

I mean rename sorry

Edited by iamkanga, 02 June 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#12 angelite14

angelite14

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

anyone tested if this tab really a 5 point multitouch? I've bought one and I was dissappointed when I downloaded a multitouch apk and only recognizes 2 of my fingers? Any help? And also I've updated the firmware to 0518

#13 iamkanga

iamkanga

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

anyone tested if this tab really a 5 point multitouch? I've bought one and I was dissappointed when I downloaded a multitouch apk and only recognizes 2 of my fingers? Any help? And also I've updated the firmware to 0518

No its only 2 point

Some suppliers say 2 and others 5.

Thats the problem with Chinese supplier is that some don't seem too concerned about the accuracy of their specs.

Cheers

#14 fshimon

fshimon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:36 AM

Hello,

I Installed 0518 firmware update, but all my apps and google play dissapeared.
1. Is installing Feiyu mod 0526 will return google play ?
2. If yes, how I install it ?
3. If no, please advice how to install google play

thank you

#15 angelite14

angelite14

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

This is really embarrassing.. I hope that they'll fix this with a new kernel or firmware or something, then we all be good. And our tab seems to have a lot of compatibility issues when it comes to games (especially Gameloft). Thanks anyways

#16 iamkanga

iamkanga

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hello,

I Installed 0518 firmware update, but all my apps and goggle play dissapeared.
1. Is installing FYI mod 0526 will return google play ?
2. If yes, how I install it ?
3. If no, please advice how to install google play

thank you

Go to the start of thread and follow instructions though on mine 0526 was not automatic you have to search via volume to find on your sd card once you have done the hold volume+ and power hold sequence. Also i need to install the fix for the google search already in this thread.

Let me know if you need any more help.

I dont know how this goes with gamesloft etc but ill have a look later.

Will install Play Store

Edited by iamkanga, 05 June 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#17 iamkanga

iamkanga

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:20 AM

This is really embarrassing.. I hope that they'll fix this with a new kernel or firmware or something, then we all be good. And our tab seems to have a lot of compatibility issues when it comes to games (especially Gameloft). Thanks anyways

Hi im not sure which games you want to run and i dont play a lot of games but the 05/26 Feiyu Mod on my machine runs Temple Run Texas Holdem 2 and GT Free seem to go ok. But im far from a serious gamer.

Maybe this tablet has some problems with compatability but with this mod i have none yet (apart from not having Thai language support)but i think it is important to remember it cost less than $100 so its a bit much to expect it to perform like a Transformer Prime!

Cheers

Also with this mod there are no chinese apps but if you want to use 05/18 No Bloat from the market will remove but i suggest freeze first to make sure the machine does not need them though my testing showed they could all be removed

#18 srkngncy

srkngncy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

hey everyone.. im bhough this tablet too.. its really great tablet.. sound is amazing.. i installed custom rom from feiyu.. its works perfect but when i install chainfire 3d then tablet crashed... so i turned back orginal rom.. its also works perfect.. if urs wanna play game.. then have to install chainfire 3d with pulings.. and allwinner mod.. first install allwinner mod and set tablet as galaxy s 2 after reboot.. and install chainfire 3d and set tablet pover r...

i played six guns.. splinter cell.. asphalt 6.. shadow guardian and avatar games without any problem.. no freese. no crash... hope this helps to urs..

and sorry for my bad english

#19 angelite14

angelite14

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

hey everyone.. im bhough this tablet too.. its really great tablet.. sound is amazing.. i installed custom rom from feiyu.. its works perfect but when i install chainfire 3d then tablet crashed... so i turned back orginal rom.. its also works perfect.. if urs wanna play game.. then have to install chainfire 3d with pulings.. and allwinner mod.. first install allwinner mod and set tablet as galaxy s 2 after reboot.. and install chainfire 3d and set tablet pover r...

i played six guns.. splinter cell.. asphalt 6.. shadow guardian and avatar games without any problem.. no freese. no crash... hope this helps to urs..

and sorry for my bad english

allwinner mod? seems to be interesting. If that's the solution for enabling us to play incompatible games, I'm giving it a go.

Hoping for a mod for enabling 5 point multitouch from ainol or someone though.

#20 srkngncy

srkngncy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

allwinner mod? seems to be interesting. If that's the solution for enabling us to play incompatible games, I'm giving it a go.

Hoping for a mod for enabling 5 point multitouch from ainol or someone though.

yes it works perfect... i use ainol novo tornado orginal rom.. and installed allwinner mod to make tablet as galaxy s2... i tested.. it really works.. after time i installed chainfire because some games have problem (white screen).. i sat gpu as povervr.. and most games works perfect... im sorry friend.. tornado havent 5 point multi touch screen.. it have two point multi touch... i think need to change screen to make five point multi touch..

i tested new games today.. backstab hd and shadow gun.. thats all works perfect.. just use allwinner mod to change build.pro and use chainfire..