• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#161 mdbarber

mdbarber

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

hi dave.
no its the a10 version i have, thank god i would of bricked the DC one by now with all these chinese utils lol
i can transfer the files to the tablet itself and they play no problem via built in FM or ES but they simply won't play from an smb share,
weird as hell just a generic "can't play file" or "unknown error occurred" message.
Just noticed amazon have the DC version on for same price i paid for mine last year(£95) very tempted!

#162 bgenc

bgenc

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

benc,

NO

There are MAJOR differences between the various Allwinner A10 versions - They don't all use the same video, bluetooth, wifi etc, hardware. If you try to use other versions (rather than those specifically for the Sanei N83 or Ampe A85) you could possible 'brick' your tablet! And you could even physically damage your tablet - there are parameters specified in certain files that change how the power/current is supplied to differing parts of the system.

Aside from the 'scare' tactics, even if you do try to use another ROM that is incompatible with your Sanei N83, it's unlikely that you'll really damage your tablet, but be warned (you could) and remember you can't totally 'brick' it - It's not possible (with current utilities) to overwrite the in-built (to the CPU) boot-rom and therefore you can ALWAYS recover using the PhoenixCard method (I've posted a lot about this in this thread).

Having said all of this, the Sanei 'stock rom' doesn't have 'that much' bloat-ware built-in, apart from the horrible chinese version of the play-store which can over-ride things at times......

From my experience, the current latest official releases are as stable and perform equally to the latest custom versions. Neither which have changed recently, and if you look at the developers comments about CM9/CM10, bluetooth will NEVER be supported.

The wifi issues with the early 'stock rom' versions seem to have been resolved and whilst I still have wifi issues occassionally, I don't think it's software (unless it's ICS related).

FYI - I'm getting a reliable (although weak signal) from about 7-8 metres away from my router even with a 4-inch thick brick wall inbetween, sufficient to stream HD quality (720p/1080p) video will very little (if no break-up). Although I must admit that at times when I'm in the same room as the router, I can have problems.... I wonder if other 2.4GHz wireless devices are masking/overpowering the wifi signal???

It might me take some time (a couple of days at a guess), but if you tell me what you want removed or added to the latest official stock rom, I'll try to provide you with a customised version :)

Hope all this helps

If not, just ask away, I'll be glad to share what I know......

Dave

You are so helpful I don't even know how to thank you :) It is good to see people like you on forums.

As I have earlier said, I have already rooted the tablet and CWM is installed and I am running CM10. I agree that the stock rom wasn't that bad but I guess I am so used to CM roms from my phone (Atrix 4g), that I just wanted to have a similar interface on my tablet. I thas been a while (about 4-5 months, maybe more) since I flashed CM10, so I don't really know the latest state of stock roms. The reason I am willing to go back to stock ROM is because CM on n83 is not being updated and also custom ROM scene is quite inactive. Moreover, CM is not responsive. I am having annoying lags in application startups. I am willing to give the stock ROM one more shot.

What you can help me with is if you have a CWM flashable, rooted stock ROM, I would be glad to give that a try. The reason I am looking for a CWM rom is because I am using linux and I don't have access to a windows machine. Hence, I cannot use the livesuit and other programs. If you can also get rid of the "chinese stuff" I will be delighted. However, I can work on that myself as long as the rom is rooted.

Saying all that, I am not expecting you to spend the time required to prepare such a ROM. Only help me with it if you really have some spare time to work on it. And thanks a lot nonetheless.

#163 SaneiN83User

SaneiN83User

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

hi dave.
no its the a10 version i have, thank god i would of bricked the DC one by now with all these chinese utils lol
i can transfer the files to the tablet itself and they play no problem via built in FM or ES but they simply won't play from an smb share,
weird as hell just a generic "can't play file" or "unknown error occurred" message.
Just noticed amazon have the DC version on for same price i paid for mine last year(£95) very tempted!

mdbarber,

I've just done a quick test myself.

Initially I had MobiPlayer installed and set as the default app for video files. Using ES File Explorer, navigating to my LAN and my Windows PC and opening a .avi file worked properly with no errors.

I then uninstalled MobiPlayer and tried again. This time I get the same error message as you.

However, if you long-press on the .avi file, click the 'more button' at the bottom of ES File Explorer, select the 'Open As' option, then Video (as the file type) you get the option of which player to use. Using ES File Explorer's built-in video program works and the video plays properly.

So your options are to either use the 'long press' method or to install MobiPlayer.

Hope this helps

Dave
Sanei N83 Deluxe - Android 4.0.4
Huawei U8510 Blaze - Android 2.3.5
Rikomagic MK802IIIS - Android 4.1.1

#164 SaneiN83User

SaneiN83User

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

You are so helpful I don't even know how to thank you :) It is good to see people like you on forums.

As I have earlier said, I have already rooted the tablet and CWM is installed and I am running CM10. I agree that the stock rom wasn't that bad but I guess I am so used to CM roms from my phone (Atrix 4g), that I just wanted to have a similar interface on my tablet. I thas been a while (about 4-5 months, maybe more) since I flashed CM10, so I don't really know the latest state of stock roms. The reason I am willing to go back to stock ROM is because CM on n83 is not being updated and also custom ROM scene is quite inactive. Moreover, CM is not responsive. I am having annoying lags in application startups. I am willing to give the stock ROM one more shot.

What you can help me with is if you have a CWM flashable, rooted stock ROM, I would be glad to give that a try. The reason I am looking for a CWM rom is because I am using linux and I don't have access to a windows machine. Hence, I cannot use the livesuit and other programs. If you can also get rid of the "chinese stuff" I will be delighted. However, I can work on that myself as long as the rom is rooted.

Saying all that, I am not expecting you to spend the time required to prepare such a ROM. Only help me with it if you really have some spare time to work on it. And thanks a lot nonetheless.

bgenc,

Thanks for the compliment :) - I'll always help if I can.....

I've never used CWM, so am unable to help with that side of things - sorry.

However, I'm guessing that you're fairly familiar with Linux (since you only use Linux - lol). I have to ask how familiar are you with modding Android images in general?

I've found a possible version of LiveSuit that runs on Linux see linux-sunxi.org for more details. At least that should give you the ability to reflash ROMs to your N83.

Since I know nothing of CM9/CM10/CWM, what I can do, if you want, is to take the latest 'stock rom', remove all the Chinese rubbish, root it (along with the SU app) and post it for you. What you would then need to do is to re-install the CWM part of things.

Let me know

Dave

#165 bgenc

bgenc

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:55 PM

bgenc,

Thanks for the compliment :) - I'll always help if I can.....

I've never used CWM, so am unable to help with that side of things - sorry.

However, I'm guessing that you're fairly familiar with Linux (since you only use Linux - lol). I have to ask how familiar are you with modding Android images in general?

I've found a possible version of LiveSuit that runs on Linux see linux-sunxi.org for more details. At least that should give you the ability to reflash ROMs to your N83.

Since I know nothing of CM9/CM10/CWM, what I can do, if you want, is to take the latest 'stock rom', remove all the Chinese rubbish, root it (along with the SU app) and post it for you. What you would then need to do is to re-install the CWM part of things.

Let me know

Dave

Dear friend,

CWM is a recovery partition image that let's you flash a ROM on your device "without" a PC. All you need to do is to put the ROM file on your SDCard and then reboot into CWM and install the ROM within CWM. It is actually a fairly common method of flashing ROMs for other devices. Besides flashing ROMs, it also helps you cleaning and formatting partitions such as cache, data and Dalvik Cache.

I think, if you can give me the ROM image I can somehow write it to the device. I will also check the Linux version of LiveSuit you have mentioned. Maybe I can even cook a CWM image from your ROM and republish it for others. So I will be waiting for your ROM.

#166 SaneiN83User

SaneiN83User

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Dear friend,

CWM is a recovery partition image that let's you flash a ROM on your device "without" a PC. All you need to do is to put the ROM file on your SDCard and then reboot into CWM and install the ROM within CWM. It is actually a fairly common method of flashing ROMs for other devices. Besides flashing ROMs, it also helps you cleaning and formatting partitions such as cache, data and Dalvik Cache.

I think, if you can give me the ROM image I can somehow write it to the device. I will also check the Linux version of LiveSuit you have mentioned. Maybe I can even cook a CWM image from your ROM and republish it for others. So I will be waiting for your ROM.

bgenc,

I'm not too sure what you actually need for CWM..... The ROM images that I use are the LiveSuit images (ROMs) - They are in a 'special' IMAGEWTY format which contain various things to deal with what is flashed (and to where) along with files that contain the contents of the \system partition, \boot partition, \data partition, etc.... I don't know what the CWM ROM files actually contain.....

So if you can tell me what you need - Hopefully I should be able to provide it.

I 'could' provide you with an SD card image that will re-flash your tablet from power-up - But that would be the stock rom version (or one that I've modified). It of course wouldn't have CWM included (because I'm unfamiliar with it). However, if CWM is just a replacement 'recovery' partition, then if you can provide me with your CWM recovery partition as a single file, I theoretically can give you a bootable SD-Card image that you can re-flash your tablet with that would include CWM along with the modified 'stock rom'.

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Dave

BTW - It might take a few more exchanges of info to find out exactly what you want - I'm quite happy to spend the time if it will help. As you can see from my previous posts in this thread, I'll give it my best shot (lol) - It'll only take me away from working on porting JB to the N83...... But I'm not 100% sure that it's even possible - I've too many closed-source binaries to locate........

#167 bgenc

bgenc

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

bgenc,

I'm not too sure what you actually need for CWM..... The ROM images that I use are the LiveSuit images (ROMs) - They are in a 'special' IMAGEWTY format which contain various things to deal with what is flashed (and to where) along with files that contain the contents of the \system partition, \boot partition, \data partition, etc.... I don't know what the CWM ROM files actually contain.....

I 'could' provide you with an SD card image that will re-flash your tablet from power-up - But that would be the stock rom version (or one that I've modified). It of course wouldn't have CWM included (because I'm unfamiliar with it). However, if CWM is just a replacement 'recovery' partition, then if you can provide me with your CWM recovery partition as a single file, I theoretically can give you a bootable SD-Card image that you can re-flash your tablet with that would include CWM along with the modified 'stock rom'.

Dave

BTW - It might take a few more exchanges of info to find out exactly what you want - I'm quite happy to spend the time if it will help. As you can see from my previous posts in this thread, I'll give it my best shot (lol) - It'll only take me away from working on porting JB to the N83...... But I'm not 100% sure that it's even possible - I've too many closed-source binaries to locate........

Dear friend,

I don't think you have to include the CWM image in the ROM. As I have earlier told, it is a recovery partition image which helps you in flashing ROMs. It doesn't necessarily have to be included in a ROM. The reason I have ever mentioned CWM is because I already have it in my recovery partition and so if I have a ROM that is flashable within CWM, then I don't need a PC or the livesuit application to flash the ROM. I can simply put the ROM file on the SDCard and then boot into recovery mode (CWM), then flash the ROM within CWM.

If you can provide me a ROM image which I can flash to my tablet without the livesuit application that is A+. If not possible, the rest boils down to the following: you provide me an image and tell me how to flash it on the tablet, and I will flash it. I said I don't use Windows, but if I have to, then Windows is not the hardest thing to access on this planet :)

So basically, what I need from you is the latest Sanei N83 single core firmware, cleaned off Chinese stuff, and optimized in settings (if you know of any optimizations specifically for this device, I mean).

#168 bgenc

bgenc

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

bgenc,

Dave

Dear Dave,

Did you have any time working on this?

#169 tobaaco

tobaaco

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

hello guys if my tablet is empire electronix k701 with rockchip 3066 and android 4.1.1 can i use the sanei/ampe firmware to root my tablet? I already searched for a firmware from empire electronix k701 on there website but there is nothing..

#170 Barold

Barold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!! I have purchased the quad core Ampe A85 for my daughter. I wanted to jazz it up a bit so I installed the Next 3D launcher. Now anytime I press anything on the screen the launcher just restarts. I can't get into any option to remove the launcher, even when plugged into the PC and I also can't find the method to factory reset. Been reading through these posts for about an hour and was looking to do the 'Phoenix' recovery but I am not sure it applies to my device and I couldn't locate a relevant image.

I am reasonably tech-savvy but am entirely new to the world of Android tablets. I would appreciate if anyone could give me some information that would let me at least get the device back to how I found it so I can start again.

Many thanks,

Newbie!

#171 KiKoS0

KiKoS0

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

My Ampe A85 got freezed in starting screen wi the three textures in and i don't know what to do know because nothing worked please can someone tell me how to reset it and recover (if possible) some images on it if it's inpossible please tell me how to flash it and with what firmware ! Thanks !

#172 CristianoLemos

CristianoLemos

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

hello,

i try install CMW and when power on, frozen in sanei screen..
my n83 delux a10...

i try reinstall the firmware but dont show the device in livesuit...
i try phonixsuit, show the device, but dont install...
I try with sdcard, but dont start...

Any people can help-me?

thanks.

#173 Steven Ellis

Steven Ellis

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Ampe A85 r4.0.2463

1. Powers up with the Ampe and 3i's logos, system reports tablet as an A85 with Android 4.04 (r4.0.2463).
2. 'adb root' fails with the 'adbd cannot run as root on production builds'
3. 'adb shell', followed by 'su' fails with 'su: not found' error.
4. Superuser.apk is not in /system/app directory.

So from this we know that from a 'clean install' of the firmware, no root privileges are available.

Tasselhof Script

I then ran the Tasselhof script selecting option 1, and then option 2. The output from option 2 was as follows:

Rooting...
Start Rooting...
reboot #1 - DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE!
reboot #2 - DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE!
remount succeeded
1213 KB/s (22364 bytes in 0.018s)
rm failed for /system/xbin/su, No such file or directory
4077 KB/s (843503 bytes in 0.202s)
747 KB/s (1075144 bytes in 1.405s)
2099+1 records in
2099+1 records out
1075144 bytes transferred in 0.126 secs (8532888 bytes/sec)
'
All Done ROOTING Gemei G9, SPECIAL THANKS TO: TransformerPrimeRoot.com!

Then all I did was to select option 10.

1. 'adb root' still fails with the 'adbd cannot run as root on production builds'
2. 'adb shell', followed by 'su' now WORKS
3. Superuser.apk is now in the /system/app directory.

So we have root enabled version of Ampe A85 r4.0.2463 release, but you get the error 'unfortunately Superuser has stopped' message. To resolve this all I needed to do was:

1. Turn on Wifi and connect to my router.
2. Login to my Google account.
3. Launch the Play Store.
4. Select 'My Apps' (the underlined downward pointing arrow next to the search magnifying glass at the top right of the screen'.
5. In the list of installed apps, select Superuser, click Update, then click 'Accept and Download'.

A quick reboot and I have a rooted Ampe A85 r4.0.2463 release which gives root access to any required apps. Note: It doesn't give 'adb root' access though, but I'm working on that next.

Hope this helps those who are experiencing difficulties rooting.

Let me know how you get on.

Dave

Dave Thanks for the tips. Tried this on my tablet and I have a working 4.0.4 A85

I do have 2 issues
1 I can't install Google Hangouts from the Play Store due to an error
Google Play Services incompatible with other application(s) using the same shared user ID

2. The tablet keeps rebooting at random.

I've tried installing gapps via recovery but the system files aren't being overwritten.

Any ideas?

#174 padvou

padvou

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

Hello, glad to be here..
Please look at the attached image. It's from a Sanei N83 quad core with Android 4.1.1
How could I have only one bar below with the soft buttons and notification area (clock etc) and not one on top and one on bottom?
Cheers.

Attached Files

#175 Steven Ellis

Steven Ellis

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Ok I have a stable A85 with full GApps

1. Install Sanei a83 deluxe firmware
  2. Run Tasselhof root
  3. Upgrade CWM
  4. Apply default gapps for ics
  5. disable build in Chinese Apps
  6. Sign into Google and update build in apps

Need to switch to default gapps rather than the firmware versions or hangouts and google play services have issues.

I couldn't install gapps using built in recover and had to upgrade CWM Recovery.

With the AMPE A85 firmware I had stability issues and the tablet kept crashing, it is now stable again

#176 MO FRC

MO FRC

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:16 AM

Hi,

Can someone please assist me

My niece has an Ampe A85 Luxury

She has forgotten her passcode...

How can i sort this out?

Thanks

#177 ecogreenpower

ecogreenpower

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Hi,

I need some help to find a broken part to an Ampe A85.

First I need to know is if this tablet is charging via USB connector?

Unfortunately, this part burnt after half an hour when I was trying to charge with a

2A S3 Samsung adaptor and was connecting via USB to PC. This sot23-5 (C03AE) part is in the USB +5V input.

Now this tablet is not recognized by Pc and can not charge the battery with the AC adaptor.

Any help will be appreciated.

Third

#178 ThundernetBR

ThundernetBR

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

Ok I have a stable A85 with full GApps

1. Install Sanei a83 deluxe firmware
  2. Run Tasselhof root
  3. Upgrade CWM
  4. Apply default gapps for ics
  5. disable build in Chinese Apps
  6. Sign into Google and update build in apps

Need to switch to default gapps rather than the firmware versions or hangouts and google play services have issues.

I couldn't install gapps using built in recover and had to upgrade CWM Recovery.

With the AMPE A85 firmware I had stability issues and the tablet kept crashing, it is now stable again

Would you mind to do a tutorial of how to do this, and with the links you used to do so ?

I have two Ampe A85Q tablets, but I'm sick of those Chinese apps, mostly AiMei-like. I want to get rid of them, and use the full capacity of these tablets instead of fighting with all the bloatware...

#179 Steven Ellis

Steven Ellis

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:25 PM

Would you mind to do a tutorial of how to do this, and with the links you used to do so ?

I have two Ampe A85Q tablets, but I'm sick of those Chinese apps, mostly AiMei-like. I want to get rid of them, and use the full capacity of these tablets instead of fighting with all the bloatware...

Ok my steps were

• Use LiveSuite to update firmware
    • I used the A85 Deluxe 0239.rar file with firmware 4.0.2463
  • On first boot don't sign in, just Root using the Tasselhof  script
    • ​Getting root is sufficient.
    • Don't worry about the other errors
  • ​On a clean boot upgrade CWM and install a fresh set of ics gapps
  • Now on boot add wifi and a Google Account.
  • Update Hangouts
    • This will pull in Google Play Services
    • If you have issues here then something has gone wrong
  • Update SuperUser
  • Test

With luck you should now be OK and can install something like titanium backup to clear out the additional chinese apps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users