7 replies to this topic

#1 maxmhz

maxmhz

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

I think this post from spanish forum, is very interesting
Some people says the mod work, works

Sorry but I not have english version for now.

http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=386390

Remove the tablet lose the warranty and may damage the tablet if not done properly
Each person assumes their own risk by doing so.
The author of the message can not be held responsible.

I do not write good English, i use google translator.

#2 maxmhz

maxmhz

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

For the moment I post a google translation.

thanks to Dave.S for the help at posting this translation: http://www.flashmyan...ifi-perfonmance

Please visit original forum post for news.

dismount an repair some blacklight issues: http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=384644

Wifi Mod: http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=386390

============= Translated from Spanish to English by Google Translate ==================

In tests - Changing the position of the antenna for better wireless reception

I have done this based on a theory, apparently, and at least in my case I get better wifi reception. Not perfect, but better.
As I've only tried it on my tablet, I can not guarantee the result. Hence, your result may vary.
(Some members have tried and confirmed better wifi)
It is based on the theory that one of the poles of the antenna (dipole) is bent at a factory (the flexible end) and that would not resonate well with the frequency of 2.4 GHz, which wa designed to be straight.
If the fold was perfect and with a specific degree, then it is another matter. But this is mounted on Chinese design, and the impression I have of the antenna is that it is a last minute solution and it seems that this type of antenna was the initial idea.

Watch out for these issues to open the tablet that you risk damaging it and here we are not responsible, that each do so at your own risk.
If the wifi you do well, do not do, I'm a Polvorilla is that I can not help fiddling with things.

First open the tablet to see this post: from sj123
http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=384644
You only need to remove the back cover of aluminum, do not touch any screws or tabs.
If you see a photo of the tablet removed, very careful about using anything metal and especially the area where the connector is the touch screen, pictured below is right and if you have the tablet in front, the area most hazardous is the lower left.

Second:
Identify the antenna.
It is a black wire coming soldier to the left of the plate and it goes all right pair then hide under the plate and below goes to the upper right where black adhesive strips. If you look at this photo, it is top right. Black strips are removed carefully and then reuse them and there appears the antenna.
Beware of the strip over to the right, which would go on the right edge of the tablet, as it has a pole attached to the antenna, the weakest to be a flexible cable.

Posted Image

Third, go to the mess.
Here's the antenna.
Black cable leads to a copper cylinder and exit from a flexible cable.

Posted Image

Gently stick out with a tool to avoid damaging the plastic cylinder copper goes and with it will the rest of the cable.
Mind you, do not waste the fine wire are not going to break it and then we messed brown, let you stay that without an antenna.
Once the antenna outside, straighten the flexible end and make it straight. (I forgot to photograph, but it is something)

========= black cable=[[[[cylinder]]]]]----------

Then you introduce the thin end through the hole that is below the power connector, not to do any strength and go straight parallel to the edge of the tablet, if you notice resistance and come back Look back to back is straight.
If all goes well the cylinder snaps into place.
Put in a piece of black tape and the black wire before you pass it over the screw on the corner holding the screen, then go around it and leave it as in the photo.
Let separation to not touch the cylinder metal screw or anything, I remove some black tape so that in case it moved, did not arrive to play.

Posted Image

After covering all ends of black ribbon and making the black wire out of the way to close the tablet.

Posted Image

====================== END OF GOOGLE TRANSLATE ======================

Thanks.
  • ElHormiGa likes this

#3 ElHormiGa

ElHormiGa

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPalma de Mallorca --España

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

+1 !! many tnks !

#4 pawaller

pawaller

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Thanks,
Seems to have made a difference for me :-)

#5 AC Slater

AC Slater

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for posting. Just opened the case, straightened the end with the cylinder and then turned it around, putting the end under the power connector socket.
Seem to have made a slight difference. Before I could only see my own network, now I see one of my neighbours on there too. My laptop can see 4 more networks though.

I will probably be picking up an Ainol Elf II soon, to see if it's any better and see how the browsing is on dualcore. :)
The RK3066 10.1" Cube U30GT looks pretty interesting too.
MyTablets: PiPO Max-M8 Pro & M7 Pro 3G | Ainol Novo7 Elf II (cracked screen), Fire & Novo10 Hero II (dead) | Archos 101IT G8 (weird lines on screen)
MySmartphones: Jiayu G4T Adv | FAEA F2 | Neomobile N002 (N02-M)
MyAndroidTV: MINIX NEO X5 | Mele F10
MyGaming devices: Archos GamePad | OUYA
Previously owned: Jiayu G2 & G3 | Neomobile N003 | HTC Desire Z | FNF ifive X2 | Ainol Novo7 Aurora II | Hyundai A7HD
Proud other gear: ASUS N56VZ laptop | Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 & LX-7 camera's | Earson ER-151 BT speaker | Brainwavz HM9 headphone | BOSE QC15
Soon: -
Interested in: powerful tablets (8.9"/9.4") & smartphones (≤ 5.0")
My blogposts:
Buying from Taobao / Tmall (directly from manufacturers, thru an agent) <<

#6 Ar Fei Lung

Ar Fei Lung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

Thank you! My a7hd couldn't connected to wifi when it's behind a door, now it can connect!

#7 statlerjr

statlerjr

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

I've repositioned the antenna but without big improvement. As wifi was still very weak I decided to go one step further and add another antenna. I've bought (for 3€:) one looking similar to this http://www.nylaptopp...roducts_id=1076 - used antenna from some Asus laptop. I flattened bended part, covered with isolation tape to prevent short circuits and soldered both to the original antenna. There is enough place to put them on the sides with foil going on top of the battery.
Now wifi signal in much stronger, altho it's still not as good as in iPhone, maybe the aluminum cover is the problem?

If you want to to this be VERY careful 'cause it's easy to unglue the antenna pads from the main-board. Also I would recommend to disconnect battery before soldering antennas. I had three days of headache because of mistakes I've made, had to even re-flash firmware, so be very careful.
Also opening cover can damage hooks on the sides, specially left/right so do not open it if you don't have to and don't close it completely just for tests.
  • maxmhz likes this

#8 m1nz

m1nz

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

i can confirm it improved by 40%. Happy with the fix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users