• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#41 DeathAngel

DeathAngel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

With Prime installed I cant get the tablet to show as a mass storage device when I plug it into a PC.

The Tablet now shows itself as a W?

Cheers
Lee

-W is meaningless, you still have an -H device if you had one before. The -W is only there because Prox uses a -W device and thus uses -W firmware versions as his starting base.

In order to get the device to show up, go to settings>storage and click on the three dots in the upper right corner. Then select either MTP or mass storage. :)
  • logiclee likes this
Cube U30GT-H owner, currently Evo Prime installed. microSD 32GB class 10 from Samsung had unsteady perfromance, microSD 32GB class 10 from Lexar is much more stable.

#42 LabbitPau

LabbitPau

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Anyone tried this on u30gt-h v1.2?

#43 Indie

Indie

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

Anyone tried this on u30gt-h v1.2?

There is no v1.2 etc. There is only a Cube U30GT-H or Cube U30GT-W. The version number is just the software revision. There are links to the H and W version so use the one that corresponds to your Cube. I have used the H version with my Cube and it was fine.

#44 quartz88

quartz88

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:24 AM

thanks to Jezzer for the great job.
i've just succeed in updating my cube u30gt-h.
i was having problem with RKBatchtool so i found this one and it works for me.

My link

#45 Joe Bowers

Joe Bowers

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

5. Shut down your tablet

6. Plug the USB cable into your tablet

7. Now pressing the power and volume + buttons together connect the other end of the USB cable to your PC

8. Once Windows notices a new device release the 2 buttons

9. When asked for drivers browse to the “drivers” folder within the extracted batch tool folder and select it allowing windows to install the driver. If you aren't asked for drivers and you get a device install failure go to Device Manager and look for Unknown Device. Right click on this and select update drivers. Browse to the folder within the RKBatchTool folder with the drivers for your OS (Win 7 64 bit in my case) and select this folder.

I'm having trouble with this part. When I hold down the power and vol+ buttons and plug in the USB cable, my computer beeps like it's detected something from the USB, but never prompts me to install drivers. I can't upgrade the firmware without it, any ideas? Thanks!

#46 Joe Bowers

Joe Bowers

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Ok I found it under "unknown devices" installed the driver and upgraded the firmware. The firmware installer said it was successful, but the tablet didn't reboot itself. I tried to reboot it and now it won't power on. Any ideas?

#47 DeathAngel

DeathAngel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

Use a backplate USB (soldered to the motherboard, not connected to the front), use another/better USB cable (with a ferrite bead if available). Then do the normal flash procedure, as the flash loader should still work.

Edit: And flashing without SD card in and fully charged are recommended. :)

Edited by DeathAngel, 07 August 2012 - 10:57 AM.

Cube U30GT-H owner, currently Evo Prime installed. microSD 32GB class 10 from Samsung had unsteady perfromance, microSD 32GB class 10 from Lexar is much more stable.

#48 gimmefive

gimmefive

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

I have a new U30GT-H and no matter what I do do I cannot get it to boot into any recovery mode. I have the Rockchip Batch Tool open and the "Evolution Alpha" rom selected.
Press the Vol + and power, nothing happens (with the power adapter in). Without the power adapter in, Vol+ and power bring up a flash of the "no cube etc" load screen (i mean a quick flash) and then nothing, no connection to my PC or anything. What am I doing wrong, two days at this and driving me crazy.

UPDATE - Finally windoes updated the drivers required. Not sure why it took 2 days for windows to finally find what I needed to run the install to my tab. Anyways, all OK now.

Edited by gimmefive, 17 August 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#49 bachomottinhyeu

bachomottinhyeu

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Rockchip Batch tool said: Download IDB Fail..
Plz help meeeee....

miss u...

Edited by bachomottinhyeu, 24 August 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#50 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

I had the same with my cube mini. It was the crap USB cable supplied with it. I used my Samsung phone one and all was ok.

You might need to uninstall the device and re install it again so that it appears as rk30 in device manager.

In a hurry...
Jez
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#51 bachomottinhyeu

bachomottinhyeu

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:19 AM

Done.....I updated v 1.03 for my cube mini.....

Sent from my U30GT-M using Tapatalk 2

#52 bachomottinhyeu

bachomottinhyeu

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

I had the same with my cube mini. It was the crap USB cable supplied with it. I used my Samsung phone one and all was ok.

You might need to uninstall the device and re install it again so that it appears as rk30 in device manager.

In a hurry...
Jez

Hi,,,my way: remove usb cable to the back of computer...

Gửi từ U30GT-M của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk 2

#53 tani

tani

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hi Dears,

Got this firmware and Raktool In English from Cube Factory. Its for U30GT-H.
I am in Shenzhan now and if you have any query let me know.

English Firm Ware

http://minus.com/lbvXdYGouqnemw

Rak Tool English

http://minus.com/lbyCV7LJitMTCm
  • ultimatenoob likes this

#54 NeoX

NeoX

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

I can't seem to install the x64 drivers for my windows 7 x64 machine :( it gets stuck at installing and that's it :(

I've tried all the drivers too. Man really need winxp eh? :(

Can anyone help?

#55 jrazor

jrazor

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

And once again a massive thanks Jezzer from another newb. Having went through loads of forums I final found your instructions which were so straight forward I just went for it, and now I'm running 4.1 :-)

superb job! Keep up the good work.

Jon.

#56 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

And once again a massive thanks Jezzer from another newb. Having went through loads of forums I final found your instructions which were so straight forward I just went for it, and now I'm running 4.1 :-)

superb job! Keep up the good work.

Jon.

So glad they helped. Thanks for the feedback :-)

Jez

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#57 unavix

unavix

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

I tried to upload FW 1.06 using a cable from the tablet and now I have a problem. Tablet shines just a white screen. How do I fix it now?
Tablet run into recovery but I can not install the drivers on the PC - Win XP SP3. How to install the drivers I could try to flash a new firmware?

edit unavix - Problem solved.

Edited by unavix, 18 September 2012 - 04:14 AM.

#58 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Sorry to bother, I asked somewhere else but nobody answered.

I got cube mini with old version of firmware. I want to update it but there is an slight problem ;)
I'm not a Microsoft windows User. My laptop is Linux (ubuntu) and the tools is only for windows
so there is a way to install update using sd card like other tablets (Like aurora II)?
What is your solution? (plz dont tell me find a windows laptop) ;)

Add Me On Facebook

Add Me On Skype:SoheilBalini

Follow Me On Twitter

#59 900Supersport

900Supersport

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

What's your level of skill with Linux, editing text files, compiling c etc?

If you know what you are doing see this thread on xda http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1286305, download is on the first post, info near end about the ID for the rk3066. You then need say my ROM from freaktab and you may be able to flash.

I'd recommend getting access to windows, flash my ROM and them use clockwork going forwards.

BTW what firmware are you on, as I understand it the latest is 1.3 and that has a metro interface.

Edited by 900Supersport, 21 September 2012 - 11:50 AM.

900Supersport

www.freaktab.com developer

ROMs
  • Cube U30GT2
  • 80 Cobalt CWM 1.1 ICS
  • Nextbook NEXT7D12F CWM 1.1
  • Cube U30GT-H CWM 1.1
  • Cube U30GT-H CWM 1.1 Metro
  • Cube U30GT Mini CWM 1.1 jelly bean
  • Cube U30GT Mini CWM 1.1 ICS
  • Cube U30GT-W CWM 1.1
  • Cube U19GT-W CWM 1.1
  • Touch based CWM
6.0.1.0 for rk3066

#60 Soheil

Soheil

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

What's your level of skill with Linux, editing text files, compiling c etc?

If you know what you are doing see this thread on xda http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1286305, download is on the first post, info near end about the ID for the rk3066. You then need say my ROM from freaktab and you may be able to flash.

I'd recommend getting access to windows, flash my ROM and them use clockwork going forwards.

BTW what firmware are you on, as I understand it the latest is 1.3 and that has a metro interface.

I'm an Ubuntu developer and the link you gave me was very good but its for rk2808, rk2818 and rk2918 and I even changed the product ID but its not working for me. Im working on it. tnx

- my tablet is on 1.2 with metro
- i dont know any thing about your rom. It's based on 1.3?
- i think i should Install windows finally (I hate it :D )

Edited by Soheil, 21 September 2012 - 12:07 PM.

Add Me On Facebook

Add Me On Skype:SoheilBalini

Follow Me On Twitter