• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Cube U30GT Firmware Upgrade Instructions (v1.3, 11th June 2012, Tested on Cube U30GT-W V1.06 Firmware and Cube U30GT-H V1.01).Thanks to Krikkit for confirming that it works on the -H model.

Note: This does a WIPE upgrade so make sure you have anything backed up before you do this! After this the tablet will be as it was when you received it except on a later firmware.

1. Download the latest firmware (see this link)

2. Within the firmware there is a Rockchip batch tool but this is in Chinese so use this version instead

3. Extract the Rockchip batch tool which includes the necessary drivers for Windows

4. Run the RKBatchTool_1.5.exe in the extracted Flashtool folder and select the image you downloaded from Cube

5. Shut down your tablet

6. Plug the USB cable into your tablet

7. Now pressing the power and volume + buttons together connect the other end of the USB cable to your PC

8. Once Windows notices a new device release the 2 buttons

9. When asked for drivers browse to the “drivers” folder within the extracted batch tool folder and select it allowing windows to install the driver. If you aren't asked for drivers and you get a device install failure go to Device Manager and look for Unknown Device. Right click on this and select update drivers. Browse to the folder within the RKBatchTool folder with the drivers for your OS (Win 7 64 bit in my case) and select this folder.

10. If all ok the "device 1 connected" square within the RKBatchTool_1.5 will change from grey to green

11. Press the “upgrade” button in RKBatchTool_1.5

12. The green square should change to orange showing that the flash operation is happening

13. If all ok you should get a success message at the end (takes about 3 minutes)

14. The tablet should reboot but if it does not then press the power button

15. The first boot after an upgrade takes much longer than a normal boot. Just be patient and wait for the lockscreen.

16. The default language will be Chinese. When you get a prompt hit the home button and then go to settings and look for the menu option with a letter A in a white box (this is language). Select this and then the top option on the right hand side of the screen. This will give you a list of languages. Select English (UK) or whatever and then restart the tablet.

17. Don't forget to click green + bottom right of this post if this has helped you.

Change History:
v1.0 Initial untested version
V1.1 Updated following testing
v1.2 Updated to show that this is untested on the Cube U30GT-H model. Added change history.
v1.3 Updated to show that these instructions work on the Cube U30GT-H model (Thanks Krikkit)

NOTE: I take no responsibility for you updating your device. You do so at your own risk. Please use the tablet’s own update feature if available as this is a lot safer.

Edited by Jezzer, 10 September 2012 - 04:40 AM.

• Miss Dragon , sebacam, cmiuc and 16 others like this
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#2 thomson9541

thomson9541

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Placeholder - to be added soon

Can this be made a sticky please?

Using Google Translator I did the best I could with the instructions. If any one would like to clean this up feel free.

Thanks

Attached Files

• Markus8 and ultimatenoob like this

#3 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

Using Google Translator I did the best I could with the instructions. If any one would like to clean this up feel free.

Thanks

Thanks for your efforts.

I was holding off publishing anything until I get my tablet and can verify that the upgrade procedure works!

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 29 May 2012 - 02:30 PM.

My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#4 zkyevolved

zkyevolved

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Yeah. Please update this! My tablet comes this coming week and I'd like to know how to do it because from the looks of it, the device is getting updates quire frequently

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

#5 Jester17157

Jester17157

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Is this firmware also work for the Yuandao N12 7" android tablet?

#6 jairmoreno

jairmoreno

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

Thanks

Thank you.. when i read those in chinese i became sort of crazy.

#7 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

I have now added firmware upgrade instructions to the first post but these are untested as I have too much else on today.
USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I will test them with v1.06 when I get a moment tomorrow.

Jez
  • lao3hero likes this

#8 sydrooster

sydrooster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

Hey Jez are these tested now with your 1.06? If not, how have you been doing it? :D

Also do we have the english version mentioned in "2. Within the firmware there is a Rockchip batch tool but this is in Chinese so use this version instead (link to be provided)"?

#9 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

Hey Jez are these tested now with your 1.06? If not, how have you been doing it? :D

Read my last post, will test tomorrow..too much on today.

Also do we have the english version mentioned in "2. Within the firmware there is a Rockchip batch tool but this is in Chinese so use this version instead (link to be provided)"?

I have the file I just need somewhere to host it so that everyone can download it. I have pm'd the admins to ask for a location.
If you need it in the meantime pm me (hint: you won't need it unless you have a tablet).

Jez

#10 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

Firmware upgrade instructions have now been tested and updated. I'm now on V1.06 firmware.

Now off to the street party. I may be gone some time.... :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

#11 ArisGrUk

ArisGrUk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUK / Greece

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

Hi Jezzer,

Great work :clapping: !! Thanks a lot for all the updates on your tablet and all the effort to answer all of our questions :clapping:!! Hope your celebrations didn't give you too much of a bad head / hang over...... :bad:

Could you please upload somewhere or post a link for the RKBatchTool_1.5.exe ?

Aris

#12 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hi Jezzer,

Great work :clapping: !! Thanks a lot for all the updates on your tablet and all the effort to answer all of our questions :clapping:!! Hope your celebrations didn't give you too much of a bad head / hang over...... :bad:

Could you please upload somewhere or post a link for the RKBatchTool_1.5.exe ?

Aris

Hi Aris,

No problem, have sobered up now ;) I have updated the instructions with a link to the batch tool and updated a couple of other minor points. At some point I plan to add screenshots but this is on the back burner for now.

Jez

Edited by Jezzer, 03 June 2012 - 06:49 AM.

#13 Miss Dragon

Miss Dragon

Dragon Lady

• PipPipPip
  • 6,471 posts
  • LocationDragonDevs

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for the effort Jezzer, I pinned this topic. So, will be easy for user to get it straight. :drinks:
  • lao3hero likes this
Places can find me:

HERE

#14 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Thanks rowwor, on the ball as ever :good:

Jez

Sent from my U30GT-W using Tapatalk 2

#15 sydrooster

sydrooster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

Thanks so much for the time and effort with this Jezz - just updated mine to v1.06 - no way i would of been brave enough with it being a chinese tablet without your instructions. Sensational mate.

#16 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the positive feedback. Glad the instructions worked ok for you too :good:

Actually, compared to my sanei tablet the firmware upgrade seemed pretty straightforward.

Jez

#17 withoutme

withoutme

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

I have a problem updating. The computer does not install the drivers, put the drivers have not been found and there is no way to be installed.

I have fix the problem in the device manager choosing manually de drivers.

Edited by withoutme, 05 June 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#18 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

I have a problem updating. The computer does not install the drivers, put the drivers have not been found and there is no way to be installed.

I have fix the problem in the device manager choosing manually de drivers.

That's what point 9 in my instructions says :p

Sent from my Cube U30GT using Tapatalk 2

#19 KSpec

KSpec

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:57 AM

hey jezzer, im getting the Cube U30GT-H next week sometimes, just wondering if your cube has GOOGLE PLAY preinstalled?
and how is gaming on the this system?

this is my first china android tablet hope its as good as some reviews i've seen.

#20 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

hey jezzer, im getting the Cube U30GT-H next week sometimes, just wondering if your cube has GOOGLE PLAY preinstalled?
and how is gaming on the this system?

this is my first china android tablet hope its as good as some reviews i've seen.

Interesting, maybe you can tell us how it differs from the -W version when you get it.
It is supposed to be the Hong Kong version but can't see why they would make a special version. Any ideas?

Yes mine had Google Play out of the box.

Jez