Android Tablets Forum banner

[Firmware] - Window N90 Dual Core II - Firmware, Information & Tools - 2012-06-08

148K views 319 replies 98 participants last post by  janzo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Informational Links:
Manufacturer - Yuandao - Firmware Page
- http://www.yuandaocn...nload.aspx?id=2
- Translated: http://translate.goo...d.aspx%3Fid%3D2
Manufacturer - Yuandao - Firmware Update Tools Page
- http://www.yuandaocn...load.aspx?id=10
- Translated: http://translate.goo....aspx%3Fid%3D10

Firmware - PLEASE NOTE - FORMATTED MY DEVICE WHEN INSTALLED
Update 06/15/12
I just checked the Window N90 II Firmware site listed above and found a firmware dates 06/08

06/08/12
Download Link: (Click the Middle Green Button)

http://115.com/file/c2exlj5x

原道N90双擎2-4.04-20120608-正式版固件
原道N90双擎2-4.04-20120608-正式版固件.zip 无区分

Original Road N90 dual-engine 2-4.04-20,120,608-official version of the firmware
The original Road N90 dual-engine-4.04-20,120,608-official version of the firmware.

Tools - Rockchip Flash Software and Drivers
View attachment N90DualCore2-RK3066-FlashTool.zip

Firmware Upgrade Instructions:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Firmware Notes:

As Always Proceed at Your OWN RISK

Tasselhof

[hr]

Previous Firmwares:

05/23/2012
Download Link: (Click the Middle Green Button)
http://115.com/file/e747wpxk

N90双擎2-4.04-20120523-正式版固件
N90双擎2-4.04-20120523-正式版固件.zip

N90 dual-engine 2-4.04-20,120,523-official version of the firmware
N90 dual-engine-4.04-20,120,523-official version of the firmware. Zip

05/17/2012
Provided by Merimobiles.com - YouSendIt.com - N90dual2_update_20120517.rar

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a new version of the firmware is out (20120523) from the Yuandao firmware link above.

Jez

#10 ·
Hello everyone, thank you for creating this post that may be able to help me. I have a big problem. I can not install any drivers to install new firmware. I tried it on vista 32 and XP but the same result either automatic or manual C :/ Windows/System32/Drivers, the tablet is not recognized. If anyone can help me it would be nice. Thank you.

#11 ·
Start the tool and locate the file.

Plug in USB into tablet and hold + volume and Power. It will start to flip on and then flip off, while this is happening and you are still holding the buttons (tough I know)Plug the USB into the computer.

If the driver does not install then click on the error update manually and direct the update to the driver folder for your computer then repeat the connection process. Took me 30 minutes of fooling around. I also had to go into control panel and delete unnamed devices under other and the n90 if I connected wrong the first time. Eventually you shouldget it.

#12 ·
I have posted the link to the latest firmware I can find... Dated 06/08/2012.
I am downloading it now and will then update...
I don't have any update notes... so I can't be sure of the "improvements"

I am hoping that it will open up ADB.

I have also download the specific RK3066 flash tool, drivers, and formatter from Windows site and re bundled it up after translated teh instructions and setting the default language to English on the apps.

I will try to keep you posted of the results.

Thanks!

Tasselhof

#18 ·
Hi all, I also have the N90 DualCore (Yuaudao), beautiful.
You can have the procedure cone upgrade the firmware?
I tried the key combination to put the tablet under maintenance but does not work.
Can you suggest how? should see the Triangle of maintenance ( hold + volume and Power.), but I get the robot lying on the ground motionless;-)
There is no manual in English?
Thanks to all

#22 ·
Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I have recently got a YuanDao N90 Dual Core 2 tablet. I'm happy with the tablet, but I've been trying to update the firmware and have hit a snag. It comes up in the device manager as "N90" under other devices. I then right click and proceed to update driver. Point it to the correct folder (I've tried several downloads for the driver software including directly from http://www.yuandaocn.com/download.aspx?id=10 point it to every folder within the RockUSBDriver folder, but no matter what I try I get:

"Windows could not find driver software for your device".

I am able to transfer data to and from the tablet and when the device is not in upgrade mode (The robot with its bonnet open on the screen), Windows states that the device is ready to use. I've tried multiple USB ports and different cables with the same result. The device looks to be genuine and was purchased from redtabletpc.

I'm running Windows 7 professional with an AMD Phenom II X4 processor

Tablet Details:

YuanDao N90 Dual Core II

Kernel version: 3.0.8+
yick@yick-desktop #599

Build number:
rk30_ics-v2.23.00
rk30sdk-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D eng.
wuhao.20120530.175516 test-keys

This is my 1st Android tablet, so I'm completely new at this. Any help would be appreciated
Any other details required, I'm happy to provide.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi, this is my first post on this forum. I have recently got a YuanDao N90 Dual Core 2 tablet. I'm happy with the tablet, but I've been trying to update the firmware and have hit a snag. It comes up in the device manager as "N90" under other devices. I then right click and proceed to update driver. Point it to the correct folder (I've tried several downloads for the driver software including directly from http://www.yuandaocn.com/download.aspx?id=10 point it to every folder within the RockUSBDriver folder, but no matter what I try I get:

"Windows could not find driver software for your device".

I am able to transfer data to and from the tablet and when the device is not in upgrade mode (The robot with its bonnet open on the screen), Windows states that the device is ready to use. I've tried multiple USB ports and different cables with the same result. The device looks to be genuine and was purchased from redtabletpc.
I had exactly the same problem with my 97S tablet. The way I solved it was to:

1. Put the tablet into stock recovery mode (the the page with the android bonnet open) and then connect with usb.

2. In windows device manager it will say N90 and it won't be able to automatically find a driver, this is fine. Right click on N90 and go to 'Update driver software', then click 'Browse my computer for driver software', then click 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.

3. Then, once the list shows up, select the very top option 'Any Device', and click 'Have Disk'. Then browse to the rockusb driver folder, select your correct operating system and either x86 or x64 depending on your computer, and find the correct 'rockusb' file to select.

4. Once this is done, it will show a list with a few Rockchip devices in it, you want to select 'RK30 Device' (as this is an RK3066 tablet). It will then try and install but will return a 'Device cannot start Code 10 error' - This is normal.

5. The next step is to turn the tablet off using the power button (Making sure to leave the tablet connected to the computer via USB.) And use the Volume down + Power button to turn it on again. This time the tablet will show a black screen, and will appear to be turned off, but actually this time it should pop up as an RK30 device with a green tick, signalling that it has been recognised correctly. Now if you try and open the RKbatchtool to upgrade the firmware, it should show up as a connected device, and you should be able to upgrade the firmware successfully.

Edit: Attaching drivers that I used to install my 97S tablet, but should work for all RK3066 Tablets:

Hi, I have uploaded the driver that I used to flash my 97S tablet. These Rockchip drivers should work for all RK3066 Tablets. I have included the 32 bit and 64 bit drivers for both Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Link: Here

I have also attached the file to this post:

View attachment Rockchip_RK3066_Drivers_x86_x64_97S.zip

Hope this helps.

Attachments

#49 ·
Hello. well, I did it alone.
Basically, I had to install a second driver (N90), as well as the ADB and has been recognized (Green became the window) and I was able to upgrade to new firmware.
Carefully saved all the data because you lose everything (photos, videos, etc..)

#27 ·
I cant seem to get this device into recovery mode, Ive tried using the plus and minus keys with the power button but all i get is the sound on windows that tells you that a device is connected, when i go to devices,on windows 7, it says unknown device and i cant install any drivers.

#31 ·
Just tried it again on mine - After getting the Android robot screen and connecting the USB, it will say Device cannot start (Code 10).

Now you need to leave the tablet connected to the computer via USB. And hold down the power button to turn the tablet off. Then hold down the Volume down key and press the power button again (Buttons may be different for your tablet, but it is the same button press that you use to get to stock recovery). This time the tablet will show a black screen, and will appear to be turned off, but actually if you look in device manager again it should be recognised and should show up as a connected device in the RKbatchtool.

#32 ·
why they made it so got dammed difficult?
the driver is not the problem?
i try alot of times and cannot install the driver. no clue at all.
it will say the driver not compatible or something like that.
what OS should i use?
win7 32 bit or 64 bit?

the adb driver even cannot find the device.

#33 ·
#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Mr Tasselhof,
I have a 97s, and my current kernel version is : 3.0.8+; yick@yick-desktop#6; SMP PREEMPT Fri Jun 8 16:05:06 CST 2012
My build number is : rk30_ics_v2.23.00
rk30sdk-eng 4.0.4 IMM76Deng.wuhao.20120608 test-keys.

Is it the same for the June 8th firmware for N90? I am asking this to have "official" firmware updates compatible with my device.

Thanks in advance

#99 · (Edited by Moderator)
I used this version of firmware and it has seemed to have bricked my tablet. The attached file is all that displays on the screen after hitting the power button (added a better pic). I have tried to revert back to the 2012-06-08 version as well and the same Chinese characters still display. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Tony

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.