Best Firmware for Gemei G9

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Briankw

Briankw

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Killermcb does it have the 2gb app space? I think im going to redo mine this week. Currently running chs. Do u think i should flash it to stock first or just start the noobie thread

#22 Ockey

Ockey

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Thanks to all who have contributed to these great updates and help on how to do it!!!
You saved my Gemei G9 for the trashcan.

#23 kogenron

kogenron

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

Hi there

What is the password for the Sausage Script file on mediafire?

#24 Briankw

Briankw

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hi there

What is the password for the Sausage Script file on mediafire?

Has any got this password? Still need to download the sausage script. Thanks

#25 Ockey

Ockey

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Has any got this password? Still need to download the sausage script. Thanks

try to find an other link on this site (forgot where I found it) because the pasword protected are the old scrips.

#26 celia64

celia64

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

As a contribution, I used the "noobie" thread as a guide and my G9 is rock solid, no issues, no crashes, etc. I am using a black back G9

what is the name of the "noobie" thread / can you provide the link? thanks

#27 celia64

celia64

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Hi Madman,

This worked for me:
AS ALWAYS - PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK

EKEN A90 firmware - (file here) http://www.sendspace.com/file/epll4i
MrTasselhof's Script - (file here) http://androidtablet...TMxNTc1NzM2NjQ2
Sausage Script - (file here) http://www.mediafire...cj28xqs3ohd7rbc

Using the Livesuit procedure, flash the tablet to put a fresh Eken ROM (with format option)
Once done, connect the tablet (switched on) to your PC and run the scripts in this order:

Run MrTasselhof's script (once you unzip the downloaded file, there is a .bat file, double click on it) only to root and deactivate services (options 2 & 6)
Reboot using option 10
Run Sausage script (once you unzip the downloaded file, there is a .exe file double click on it) and use only option 5 (not full flavour)
*** DO NOT FACTORY RESET ***
Exit the script with Q

Disconnect your tablet from the PC and reboot it.

From the Google Play market download "Antutu CPU Master" and set it to 960 MHz / 60 MHz on performance, and set "on boot" option checked.

If the icons are too small for you, here below there is the procedure to change the screen density.
There's a line in the build.prop that you have to change:

ro.sf.lcd_density=120

change the number from 120 to anything up to 240.
the higher you go the bigger the icons.
I actually like 120 because you can fit a lot in your home screen, but if you prefer the normal settings then change it to 160, that is the standard for tablets.
It's the same logic as the resolution of your pc monitor.

The easiest way to change the build.prop is to edit it on your pc with the notepad.
When you unzipped the sausage script, in one of the folder you'll find the build.prop.
Right click on it and chose to open it with the notepad.
Find the line i mentioned above, do the change and save it.
(note: when you do that the notepad format is quite crowded, you might want to use the find function).

Next thing to do is to run the sausage script option 5 again, reboot the tablet and that's it.
Just remember not to do the factory reset.

You can change the density as many time as you want until you find the icon size you prefer (just repeat the procedure with a different number between 120 & 240).

There is also a way to edit the build.prop directly in your tablet via a file manager.
You open the file manager in root mode, go to the system/usr folder and open the build.prop with the "ES text editor", do the change, save and reboot.

Hoe this helps.

Thank you so much - your described way helped to make my gemei work again (after trying many other fw and scripts - this is the best so far)!!! Now if only my wifi connection got some help to actualy work further then few steps away from my router.... thanks again!!!!

#28 BlueEyes

BlueEyes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:52 AM

i want to give my 2 cents on this topic.
two days ago i tried the aokp rom with the compatibility file 907c_compatibility_1.2.x.zip

having a gemei g9 with a silver back (i know i am lucky) my device was already working fine most of the time. of course my gemei g9 had a few hiccups here and there. but after installing the aokp everything seems to be working better than before. sometimes it feels like a whole new device. being able to connect a ps3 controller seems to be a plus too. seeing as we might even get jellybean that way.

christian troy is the man!

Edited by BlueEyes, 11 July 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#29 jalhoucine

jalhoucine

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

I tried a lot of firmware : Stock ones, CM9, EKEN A90, AOKP, MOMO11, ... and now I can say that he best firmware for my hardware is EKEN A90.
AOP and CM9 are good because there are a lot of options but there are less smooth than EKEN.

#30 tif49

tif49

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

As a contribution, I used the "noobie" thread as a guide and my G9 is rock solid, no issues, no crashes, etc. I am using a black back G9

That sounds great. I'll be trying that...

#31 Mr. Southampton

Mr. Southampton

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

I updated my G9 with the EKEN A90 firmware yesterday. So far the G9 appears to run faster and smoother. I was experiencing many crashes with the firmware that came with the G9 and finally had to do a Factory Reset. After the reset, some functionality of the G9 was lost. It was time to upgrade and I followed Supy73's instructions to the letter with complete success. Thanks to Supy73 and Mr. Tasselhof for their help. I have been able to download or recover through Titanium Backup most of the aps. I should mention that Google Earth NOW WORKS!!!! I could never get this to work with the G9 firmware... No problems with the HDMI or USB interfaces. I am very happy that I now have a G9 that performs like I expected it should. I was close to sending the G9 back to Merimobiles before I upgraded to the EKEN A90 firmware....

Mr. Southampton

#32 pizza_sh

pizza_sh

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

sir i am not able to download
pls give me fresh links.....
in sausage script its askin for password and the 1st dcrppt is not getting downloaded....
also its written there that "Using the Livesuit procedure, flash the tablet to put a fresh Eken ROM (with format option)"
i need instructions for is bcoz i am new to android ... ive alwys stuck to ios....
plz help

#33 Mr. Southampton

Mr. Southampton

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

sir i am not able to download
pls give me fresh links.....
in sausage script its askin for password and the 1st dcrppt is not getting downloaded....
also its written there that "Using the Livesuit procedure, flash the tablet to put a fresh Eken ROM (with format option)"
i need instructions for is bcoz i am new to android ... ive alwys stuck to ios....
plz help

You should Google Mr. Tasselhof Script to find the latest version. Unzip and place in Desktop folder
You should also Google Sausage Script, download the 04.091.0 version, unzip and place in Desktop folder. I used the SusaageModBBV.04.091.0 executable when I ran it (only use option 5).

Procedure I followed:

Backup any and all files that you want to retain. By using LiveSuite and the format option you will lose all aps and data.

When using LiveSuite, unzip the software into your computer, run the LiveSuite .exe file, point LiveSuite to the EKEN A90 image file and use "format option."

Make sure that your tablet is powered off completely.

Plug USB cable into your computer.

Hold the Volume+ button (middle button on top of tablet).

Plug the micro USB cable into the tablet's USB port closest to the Power Button (I was NOT able to use the USB Port labeled HOST that is closest to the headphone jack).

Press the power button on the tablet 6 to 10 times in rapid succession.

You should see that LiveSuite is communicating with the G9. Let finish, DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS.

Boot the Tablet. You should see a different booting sequence than before. You may want to check Settings under About to see if the firmware has changed.

Run Tasselhof's Script per his instructions. Reboot using option 10

Run the Sausage Script using ONLY option 5. Exit the script using option Q. Reboot the tablet.

Download from Google Play - "Antutu CPU Master" and set the CPU speed to 960 MHz/60 MHz on performance and set "on boot" option checked.

You may want to change the size of the icons. Refer to Supy73's reply in this section

The only issue that I had with the above was a missing .dll file when my computer was trying to load the USB drivers. The .dll file was easy to find when I Google'd it.

Most of the above was taken from Mr Tasselhof's replies in the Newbie Section and Supy73's reply in this section.

Good Luck... It is worth the effort, my G9 has never run as good as it now does with the EKEN A90 firmware.

Mr. Southampton

#34 Supy73

Supy73

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

Hello,

Please note that I didn't try this Firmware - G9 V4.20.02 (which seems to have good reviews), but I reckon that sharing this post is worthwile.

First of all thank you to russell359 for discovering this following rom.
I had a look on the LTPTech website (Link to Download Page) and I have noticed that the files are dated 5th of August 2012, therefore after Russell's original post (link to original post).
If you translate the page (I did it via google Chrome embedded translator), it is qouted that one of the update is related to the app storage, now up to 1.2 GB.

I gave it a try yesterday and it is working very smoothly, if compared with the Eken ROM I have been using for a while.
Google Play is already there, all options seems to work, my location is working.
I didn't root it nor I used any of the scripts available (Tasselhof or Sausage or Jealloucine), since I don't need it to be rooted if it keeps working like that.

I installed not that many apps, but Opera or Chrome to browse the internet are very fast.
Flash is working as well with no problem at all.
I had it running for 3 hours and no freezing, nor sluggish touchscreen.
Wireless seems a little bit improved as well. Do not expect a huge improvement, but again it's more responsive and connection seems a bit more stable.

The only thing i noticed is that it takes about 1 minute after powering up to be fully up to speed.
If I try to do anything in the first seconds after booting up, it is a little bit slow in response.
However, considering that with Eken I experienced the same issue, but I had to wait at least 5 minutes, this is a huge improvement.

I will keep testing it, but so far so good.

#35 jburslem

jburslem

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Has anyone noticed a new gemei from dated 14 Sept ,has anyone tried it
please let me know

#36 jburslem

jburslem

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

sorry rom not from

#37 killermcb

killermcb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

It is not a rom, just 2 chinese apps that seem like a book store and app store.

I am currently using the 4.20.02 version, modded to have increased app space, increased cache, and increased system partition size. The only drawback is that it lessens the internal SD Card space but in return is additional app space and a faster device. Also, it is running the last build of Cyanogenmod 10 by Christian Troy (Jelly Bean)

#38 Vanturk

Vanturk

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

I updated my G9 with the EKEN A90 firmware yesterday. So far the G9 appears to run faster and smoother. I was experiencing many crashes with the firmware that came with the G9 and finally had to do a Factory Reset. After the reset, some functionality of the G9 was lost. It was time to upgrade and I followed Supy73's instructions to the letter with complete success. Thanks to Supy73 and Mr. Tasselhof for their help. I have been able to download or recover through Titanium Backup most of the aps. I should mention that Google Earth NOW WORKS!!!! I could never get this to work with the G9 firmware... No problems with the HDMI or USB interfaces. I am very happy that I now have a G9 that performs like I expected it should. I was close to sending the G9 back to Merimobiles before I upgraded to the EKEN A90 firmware....

Mr. Southampton

Hey my first post here, I have the silver back gemei g9 and was wondering if you could please let us know the link or version of the Eken A90 firmware. I would like to try this too.

#39 Mr. Southampton

Mr. Southampton

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hey my first post here, I have the silver back gemei g9 and was wondering if you could please let us know the link or version of the Eken A90 firmware. I would like to try this too.

EKEN A90 firmware - (file here) http://www.sendspace.com/file/epll4i

This is the EKEN Firmware that I used. There maybe a newer version?? Good Luck loading the firmware. My G9 is still running well after the EKEN firmware download some months ago.

Mr. Southampton

#40 toomdrix

toomdrix

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

i installed the EKEN firmware on my G9 and all was fine until I did a data reset, now the bloody thing won't start up it just freezes as soon as the desktop appears. Any ideas?