Ramos w17 Pro Cortex A9 Dual Core AML8726-MX new firmware ROM

• Please log in to reply
826 replies to this topic

#721 JosephGagtan

JosephGagtan

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

I got the 100% battery bug (oddly, only after reading here about users having it) so I tried this ROM and it seemed to work for me, the battery was depleting, got down to 48%, then jumped back to 100%. 20 minutes later the tablet turning off without warning and now whether charging or running on battery, stuck at 100% again...

Has anyone else had the bug come back after applying eBait's 1022?

Same here, i have been using the latest rom for about a month now. And now this bug shows, been bearing with it for a couple of days now.

#722 JosephGagtan

JosephGagtan

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

I tried to install the new firmware, and in the process of upgrading the tablet suddenly powers off. And now it won't turn on no matter what i do. i hope someone can help me with this. Thanks guys!

Edited by JosephGagtan, 27 November 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#723 LiquidWater

LiquidWater

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

I tried to install the new firmware, and in the process of upgrading the tablet suddenly powers off. And now it won't turn on no matter what i do. i hope someone can help me with this. Thanks guys!

Yeah I'm in the same boat, the only way I can tell it is "on" is because the back heats up. Other than that it looks like it's off. I've tried to do a recovery but with no luck... My last resort will be to use the shorting method described in this post:

http://www.ramosfans...-41055-1-1.html

#724 mihaidsn

mihaidsn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

I'm in the sam boat too. All methods descriebed on ramosfans.com has failed. Some chinese guy told me that the only way to unbrick is jtag on pin 5 and 6 from first flash memory and push reset button. It appears that i have to open my device. I will do this soon i will arrive home and write a tutorial if the surgery become success.

#725 LiquidWater

LiquidWater

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'm in the sam boat too. All methods descriebed on ramosfans.com has failed. Some chinese guy told me that the only way to unbrick is jtag on pin 5 and 6 from first flash memory and push reset button. It appears that i have to open my device. I will do this soon i will arrive home and write a tutorial if the surgery become success.

Thanks, that would be awesome! Good luck and hopefully this works...

#726 mihaidsn

mihaidsn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hurrrraaayyyy

The surgery was a total success. My w17pro motherboard is not same in the pictures i saw on the ramosfans forum but i managed to identify the flash and shorttag pins. I took some pictures with the motherboard and i will write complete tutorial soon i will finish install firmware from the scratch.
Keep an eye on this forum. ;)

#727 LiquidWater

LiquidWater

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hurrrraaayyyy

The surgery was a total success. My w17pro motherboard is not same in the pictures i saw on the ramosfans forum but i managed to identify the flash and shorttag pins. I took some pictures with the motherboard and i will write complete tutorial soon i will finish install firmware from the scratch.
Keep an eye on this forum. ;)

Awesome, congrats! Can't wait, and again thanks!

#728 mihaidsn

mihaidsn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

I've created a new topic here http://www.slatedroi...fied-by-myself/

#729 diaz_93

diaz_93

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

New Firmware FOR RAMOS W17 PRO AVAILABLE
W17PRO 4.1.1 JRO03C.eng.20121120.fin
HAVE INSTALL IT RUNNING SUPER FAST WITH BATTERY PERFORMANCE MUCH IMPROVED

#730 mihaidsn

mihaidsn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

ramos.com.cn has retired W17PRO 4.1.1 JRO03C.eng.20121120.fin version because many tablets went into brick after this upgrade. I have spent many hours for unbrick becaus of this failed upgrade.

#731 mtocso

mtocso

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hi,

I'm going to buy one of this "beauty" for my relative and I'd like to know which ROM is the best at the moment?
The owner would be an 8 years old guy so what I need is a (quite) stable system, working market and that's it, nothing fancy.
He'll use it for watching movies, playing games and surfing on the net.
I would really appreciate if you could recommend a working config and a how-to guide for the installation. (is it just copy the files into an ext SD card and put it into download mode?)
I'm not a beginner in Android, but I usually had Samsung devices, where the install might be different...

Thank you in advance,
Regs,

Tom

#732 FaiRLane

FaiRLane

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPori, Finland

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Hi,

I'm going to buy one of this "beauty" for my relative and I'd like to know which ROM is the best at the moment?
The owner would be an 8 years old guy so what I need is a (quite) stable system, working market and that's it, nothing fancy.
He'll use it for watching movies, playing games and surfing on the net.
I would really appreciate if you could recommend a working config and a how-to guide for the installation. (is it just copy the files into an ext SD card and put it into download mode?)
I'm not a beginner in Android, but I usually had Samsung devices, where the install might be different...

Thank you in advance,
Regs,

Tom

I like most eBait repack 1022 (from 1st page) good performance and feels stable (No freeze so far)
and watching videos with VLC (still on beta, but seems to be working fine).

Firefox for web browsing is good (i like it most).
Former Kendo M7 (aka YiFang M7) tablet owner.
Happy owner of Ramos W17pro

#733 mtocso

mtocso

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

I like most eBait repack 1022 (from 1st page) good performance and feels stable (No freeze so far)

Thanks FaiRLane.
Do the official firmware contains Play Store? What comes installed by default? (Youtube, Gmail, Play??)
Because what e need is the "default" google apps, nothing fancy (root is not essential)
The install process is always the same as in the 2nd post? Can I do it without ext SD?
Sorry for the lot of noob questions, but it would be a christmas present and I'd like to get everything work.

Thanks,
Tom

#734 FaiRLane

FaiRLane

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPori, Finland

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Thanks FaiRLane.
Do the official firmware contains Play Store? What comes installed by default? (Youtube, Gmail, Play??)
Because what e need is the "default" google apps, nothing fancy (root is not essential)
The install process is always the same as in the 2nd post? Can I do it without ext SD?
Sorry for the lot of noob questions, but it would be a christmas present and I'd like to get everything work.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi mtocso

Many users who flashed W17PRO 4.1.1 JRO03C.eng.20121120.fin - have now problems... so i think that
it is not safe to flash it...

I dont know or remeber is there Play store in official firmware, because i use maily repacked firmwares (i
use software which needs root rights to be working (like Titanium backup)).

Do you mean ext sd as Secure Digital memory card? - android uses term "extrenal sd" and means memory of tablet.
which is confusing.

I use 1GB Secure Digital memory card to flash firmware.

unzip firmware file to memorycard root directory, if there is update.zip do not unzip it, leave it as is.
there should be also files like: aml_autoscript u-boot.bin and so on. no need to do them anything.

I do not take any responsbility if your tablet do not work after these: There is always possibility to brick
your tablet... it is risky business.

Turn off tablet, add your SD memorycard, press volume button minus (-) and same time press powerbutton, hold volume minus as long you see android at screen and wait. After upgrade prosess (may take few minutes), first
boot after reflash takes longer time than normal boot.

I hope these help.

FaiRLane

Edited by FaiRLane, 05 December 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#735 mtocso

mtocso

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:36 PM

Hi mtocso

Many users who flashed W17PRO 4.1.1 JRO03C.eng.20121120.fin - have now problems... so i think that
it is not safe to flash it...

I dont know or remeber is there Play store in official firmware, because i use maily repacked firmwares (i
use software which needs root rights to be working (like Titanium backup)).

Do you mean ext sd as Secure Digital memory card? - android uses term "extrenal sd" and means memory of tablet.
which is confusing.

I use 1GB Secure Digital memory card to flash firmware.

unzip firmware file to memorycard root directory, if there is update.zip do not unzip it, leave it as is.
there should be also files like: aml_autoscript u-boot.bin and so on. no need to do them anything.

I do not take any responsbility if your tablet do not work after these: There is always possibility to brick
your tablet... it is risky business.

Turn off tablet, add your SD memorycard, press volume button minus (-) and same time press powerbutton, hold volume minus as long you see android at screen and wait. After upgrade prosess (may take few minutes), first
boot after reflash takes longer time than normal boot.

I hope these help.

FaiRLane

Thanks a mill FaiRLane...
Now I just have to wait to get my hands on the stuff.

Tom

#736 FaiRLane

FaiRLane

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPori, Finland

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

ramos.com.cn has retired W17PRO 4.1.1 JRO03C.eng.20121120.fin version because many tablets went into brick after this upgrade. I have spent many hours for unbrick becaus of this failed upgrade.

This official firmware is back...

JRO03C.eng.20121120 2012-11-22

Is this really new?

#737 mihaidsn

mihaidsn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

This official firmware is back...

JRO03C.eng.20121120 2012-11-22

Is this really new?

I think is the same.

#738 Gray Stellar

Gray Stellar

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:43 AM

Sorry I want to ask about these for eBait FW 1022
1- Antutu Score
2- Gaming - no lags? games such as shadowgun
3- battery life. My old china tablet went from 100% to 10% in about 3 hrs when playing games (any games)
4- wifi? is it good or bad? I live in a 2 storey house, my currnt china tablet can have about 2 bars in my room (my room is on the second floor) - if it can at least be this bar it is acceptable
5- screen, my old china tablet have a resolution of 800x480, and the screen have slight oil effect. It annoys me especially when I am reading using white backgrounds - I expect this Ramos W17Pro have no such problems?
6- senstivity of touchscreen. Is it okay. very fast response? my old china tablet has fast responds but due to the rainbow effect. I'm thinking of giving it up

thanks for all your help. I really want this tablet if there is no major problems

Edited by Gray Stellar, 07 December 2012 - 07:08 AM.

#739 FaiRLane

FaiRLane

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPori, Finland

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Sorry I want to ask about these for eBait FW 1022
1- Antutu Score
2- Gaming - no lags? games such as shadowgun
3- battery life. My old china tablet went from 100% to 10% in about 3 hrs when playing games
4- wifi? is it good or bad? I live in a 2 storey house, my currnt china tablet can have about 2 bars in my room (my room is on the second floor) - if it can at least be this bar it is acceptable
5- screen, my old china tablet have a resolution of 800x480, and the screen have slight oil effect. It annoys me especially when I am reading using white backgrounds - I expect this Ramos W17Pro have no such problems?

thanks for all your help. I really want this tablet if there is no major problems

1: Antutu v3.0.3 score: 9055
2: Cant help much on this, i have only few games on it (angry birds star wars - one or two stages on plays smoothly, but when came more action - it slows)
3: Battery life, on my "normal" use, 3-4hours max. My normal use is browsing web(50%), reading emails(25%), watching movies (15%), rest playing games (AB, Jewels so on...)
4: Wifi, it is not good and not bad... something between. I have a A-link Wnap(B) mobile router and when i use G standard (speed up to 54) it works, but range was short (less that 10m, inside building)
dropping speed to B standard on router (speed up to 11) range was better, around 15-20m inside building. I know that a-link router is not the best one, and it's radio is quite weak.
5: Ramos W17pro screen is 1024x600 resolution, some sellers sell it as IPS, but it is not. Just TFT. Well... cant say anything about "oil effect".

I like it, and i have compared it agaist Samsung Galaxy tab (first ganeration) and ramos is quite similar, ramos is slim and more plastic. Ramos is also easy to hold with one hand and
it is not slippery as Samsung Galaxy tab.

Price, there is even under $100 with 8GB version compared to SGT is more that 200...

#740 Gray Stellar

Gray Stellar

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

1: Antutu v3.0.3 score: 9055
2: Cant help much on this, i have only few games on it (angry birds star wars - one or two stages on plays smoothly, but when came more action - it slows)
3: Battery life, on my "normal" use, 3-4hours max. My normal use is browsing web(50%), reading emails(25%), watching movies (15%), rest playing games (AB, Jewels so on...)
4: Wifi, it is not good and not bad... something between. I have a A-link Wnap(B) mobile router and when i use G standard (speed up to 54) it works, but range was short (less that 10m, inside building)
dropping speed to B standard on router (speed up to 11) range was better, around 15-20m inside building. I know that a-link router is not the best one, and it's radio is quite weak.
5: Ramos W17pro screen is 1024x600 resolution, some sellers sell it as IPS, but it is not. Just TFT. Well... cant say anything about "oil effect".

I like it, and i have compared it agaist Samsung Galaxy tab (first ganeration) and ramos is quite similar, ramos is slim and more plastic. Ramos is also easy to hold with one hand and
it is not slippery as Samsung Galaxy tab.

Price, there is even under $100 with 8GB version compared to SGT is more that 200...

thanks . I've been wanting a review like this :good: . I want the 16gb though . however I have one more question. When using white background. Does it appear white 100% , no defect? does the image is sharp?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users