• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 nick789uk

nick789uk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:13 AM

Hi futher news of my onda tablet managed to re flash the rom but still will not come on if I hold the on button for a long time I get a click sound from the speakers, also nothing from re set, when I conect to the pc I get a low sound that it has reconised it but will not show the mass storage, when I plug the charger in nothing. I am stuck here, as I have already said it was working yesterday morning had a full battery when I came to turn it on in the evening nothing I am thinking something must have blown inside this has realy ******* me off as the tab is only a few months old, anyone know of anyone who could repair it in the uk as I got the tab from China or will it be cheaper to buy another one. If anyone has any other ideas please help thanking you for your help.

Nick

#2 emptyhead41

emptyhead41

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:49 AM

If the ROM flashed then it shows the tablet is still basically working, I think. Did you use LiveSuit? Did it get to 100% and say success?
Also you can reset Allwinner A10-based tablets by just holding the power-button in for 6-10 secs, so be careful you don't hold it too long when trying to power on as you can inadvertantly reset it.
If you can flash a rom on it though, it sounds to me like the internals are all pretty much working. Maybe a screen problem?
Returning to China from uk is about £17-£19-ish by Royal Mail, insured up to £250 and tracked.

#3 nick789uk

nick789uk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hi thanks for that I have held the on button for a while got a single sound from the speaker if I have reset the tablet how do I get it back, just dont know what els to do.

#4 emptyhead41

emptyhead41

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hi thanks for that I have held the on button for a while got a single sound from the speaker if I have reset the tablet how do I get it back, just dont know what els to do.

Once it's reset you need to flash a rom onto it again.
What did you do before? Did you use livesuit after resetting? And did it go through the process properly?

What you need to do is:
Plug yr tablet USB cable into PC, but NOT into tablet.
Just to be safe plug your mains charger in to make sure it's getting power while flashing.
Hold power button for a good 10 seconds or so just to make sure it's definately reset.
Load up livesuit.
Do all the normal livesuit stuff; selecting yr image and that.
Hold down the back button on yr tab, insert the USB cable from yr PC into the tablet then press power button 5 times. (I actually think after reset you don't need to do it 5 times, but i do it anyway. doesn't hurt)
You'll hear the 'usb device plugged in' noise.
Release back button.
Livesuit should do it's stuff. Takes about 3-4 mins depending on image you use.
Disconnect usb cable when all done.
Hold power button for 2-3 secs and it should power on.

Sorry if you've done all this before, but I'm not sure what you've done previously. Best to spell it out step by step so we can all see what's happening. Oh and it's best to keep everything related to this in one thread instead of starting new one so we can all see the progress in one place.
Let us know what happens, or if you've already done this.

#5 nick789uk

nick789uk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Yes used livesuit and yes it went thought the proper setup it appeared to load it 100% I will try what you have said and let you know.

#6 nick789uk

nick789uk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Right done all of the above still nothing, rom appeared to load in went though the hole set up to the end. I have emailed the vendor I got the tab from and now waiting to hear from them.

#7 cucuman

cucuman

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:47 PM

Which rom you are flashing I dont know but try V0.8 or V0.6 first then try newer ones ,when you finish firmware the device you should see the battery icon for 3 sec and screen dimming, did you see that? or at the end of firmware you saw nothing? if you didnt see nothing then un-plug the cable and press the power button for 20 second if you dont see nothing then try the reset hole with a paparclip for 10 second then press the power button for 20 sec again.

#8 nick789uk

nick789uk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Hi using Roans V09 rom off this forum when it finished nothing came on the screen, will try the above but at work now so will have to try tomorrow will let you know how I get on and thanks for your help.

Nick

#9 emptyhead41

emptyhead41

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:45 PM

It sounds like maybe your screen's dead. The rom's flashing ok so the tablet is basically working, you just cant see anything cos something's wrong with the screen perhaps. As cucuman says, you should see the battery icon at the end of the flashing process. And I think that click you hear from the speakers is what happens when the first little android logo appears as soon as it first powers on. So it's powering on ok, but you just cant see anything. :( unlucky my friend. I hope it's not going to turn out to be a common fault. What version vi40 you got actually? v3?

#10 motherofallbattles

motherofallbattles

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

It sounds like maybe your screen's dead. The rom's flashing ok so the tablet is basically working, you just cant see anything cos something's wrong with the screen perhaps. As cucuman says, you should see the battery icon at the end of the flashing process. And I think that click you hear from the speakers is what happens when the first little android logo appears as soon as it first powers on. So it's powering on ok, but you just cant see anything. :( unlucky my friend. I hope it's not going to turn out to be a common fault. What version vi40 you got actually? v3?

you can pm me and send it to me to have a look at, i have sold over a 1,000 tabs so know just about everything with them.
Sending it back to China will set you back about £40 fully insured

#11 nick789uk

nick789uk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

Yes have the V3

#12 nick789uk

nick789uk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:02 AM

Hi again just tried the above still nothing it is looking like it is a screen problem, motherofallbattles I have sent you a pm with my email so that you can get in touch so I can send you my tab for you to have a look at, thanking you for all your help as I said before only got the tab in April, the reason why I went with Onda is that I have had their MP4 player which have been great and the workmanship was top notch, just dont know what els to do.

Nick

#13 bunzo

bunzo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:43 AM

Hi, the same happened to me, there's nothing you can do, change it as soon as it's possible. Your tablet's screen is dead, you can check it out if you connect it, with a HDMI cable, to a television. You'll see that your tablet is alive. I flashed and reflashed mined (blindly) several times, it's camed with firmware V_0.6, I flashed to V_0.8 and finally to V_1.0, and nothing changed.
Here I leave you a link with replacement prices if you think to repair it (I sent back my Onda Vi40_V3 to China and it's cost me 120 euros more than the initial price, two custom fee-50 euros, and the shippment by EMS-72 euros from Spain).
http://www.onda-tabl...ies-price-list/

Bunzo

#14 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hi again just tried the above still nothing it is looking like it is a screen problem, motherofallbattles I have sent you a pm with my email so that you can get in touch so I can send you my tab for you to have a look at, thanking you for all your help as I said before only got the tab in April, the reason why I went with Onda is that I have had their MP4 player which have been great and the workmanship was top notch, just dont know what els to do.

Nick

It might be a backlight problem, you might be able to check under some light if the lcd is working.
You can always open up the Onda VI40 and check for any loose flex cables.