• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:20 PM

I am by far means no expert in this. Some of the more common commands in adb are push, pull, shell, install, remount, and logcat.

Push sends a file from your desktop computer to your Android device: adb push test.txt /sdcard/test.txt

Pull pulls a file from your Android device to your desktop computer: adb pull /sdcard/test.txt test.txt

Shell lets you run an interactive shell (command prompt) on the Android device: adb shell

Install lets you install an android APK file to your Android device: adb install myapp.apk

Remount remounts the /system partition as writable (or readonly if it is already writeable): adb remount

Logcat lets you view the devices debug logs in real time (must press control+c to exit): adb logcat

ADB Wiki

Edited by mrsburnout, 08 May 2011 - 09:44 PM.
Format fixes

• mrsburnout likes this

#2 yankeespitfire

yankeespitfire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:24 PM

I've found connect can be used for a wireless lan connection on my M001 since adb won't see it on the usb connection like it does with my PDN.syntax: adb connect :5555 (with being the local ip of the M001)example: adb connect 192.168.0.87:5555

#3 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

Nice tip, for allkeep that info coming

#4 Mike

Mike

Co-Founder

• Global Moderators
  • 2,103 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

Would be good if this could get added to the Wiki too.

#5 xaueious

xaueious

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:04 AM

I put up a guide on Apad forums a while ago.I wont call myself an expert, but it's written better than what's here.

#6 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:27 AM

Wow, better then the ADB Wiki with 81 thousand hits . because that where I got this from and provided the Wiki ADB link.

#7 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

Lol.adb devices ---a good starter command. Starts up the ADB daemon and lets you know that there is a device attached.

#8 walscobry

walscobry

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

So I can adb into any adroind device that has its wireless on with that command? Say like in a coffee house full of droids? and pull their market ID, call log, contacts, browser history, etc. If true that is some scary sh#$%# right there! Gonna try some experiments...

#9 yankeespitfire

yankeespitfire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

Not to encourage it... but if you knew the ip device of the target device, possibly you could determine it by trial & error based on whatever ip addy the dhcp server assigned yours... and if the device has adb enabled... and if usb debugging is "on" on the target, you might be able to do a pull on the accounts.db... and if you got lucky and connected to a rooted device, you'd probably trigger a "allow access?" on the user's screen when you tried to su... (not that you'd do THAT ;) )Not sure the wireless connect works on all devices, it does work on the M001, doesn't seem to on the PDN though, I can only access PDN through the usb connection.

#10 mogrith

mogrith

SlateGeek / Wiki Mod

• Global Administrator
  • 2,428 posts
  • LocationBrea, CA

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

Would be good if this could get added to the Wiki too.

Under Useful articles ADB 101Or a How To Use ADBMaybe both, 101 covers install on PC basic commands in generalwhile How to's are specific guide to accomplish task. e.g. Root you device,get android ID for market, Install an apk, etc.

#11 Edmond Chu

Edmond Chu

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:29 AM

Could any others post a menu for ADB?

#12 promegr30

promegr30

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:45 AM

Hi.does anyone knows is we can install throught adb everything..?..im asking cause i have a softbrick here...thnx.

#13 xham

xham

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Install android SDK.

Sent from Galaxy Note II using Tapa talk 2