Photo

[Q] Complete restore to stock (including recovery)?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Farrukh Ahmed

Farrukh Ahmed

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

lately I've been thinking of going back to absolute, out of the box stock to be able to fully utilize my gtab, including HD video and camera.
I nvflashed to the 1.2 stock TapnTap, however when I booted up, I got a notification of an OTA update. once the OTA update was downloaded, it rebooted into CWM, applied the update and then got stuck.

I rebooted manually and that messed up the whole thing. I think it was due to the custom recovery.

can anyone here please post a step-by-step for complete stock including recovery? the only mod I want is the root.

appreciate the help.

#2 viskon

viskon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

Are you stuck at the birds? In any case, I recommend you Google the " g tablet for dummies" website. It has step-by-step instructions for recovering.

Btw- you might consider Roebeet's Mountain Laurel or kekinash's 6039 Rom for a stock experience.

Sent from my gtab using Tapatalk 2

Edited by viskon, 15 May 2012 - 04:21 PM.

#3 Farrukh Ahmed

Farrukh Ahmed

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

Fixed it. the problem was the recovery. flashed stock recovery and worked like a charm.

will check out those roms. I need the camera and the HD video.

Are you stuck at the birds? In any case, I recommend you Google the " g tablet for dummies" website. It has step-by-step instructions for recovering.

Btw- you might consider Roebeet's Mountain Laurel or kekinash's 6039 Rom for a stock experience.

Sent from my gtab using Tapatalk 2

#4 Haraldg

Haraldg

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

I am a newbie to the whole GTab thing, but somewhat computer savy. I would love to know a little more about the kekinash 6039 ROM that Viskon has mentioned. Is it a complete OS for the GTab?
Thanks!

#5 ToadVine

ToadVine

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

I am a newbie to the whole GTab thing, but somewhat computer savy. I would love to know a little more about the kekinash 6039 ROM that Viskon has mentioned. Is it a complete OS for the GTab?
Thanks!

Here you go, Haraldg.
Eat. Drink. Sleep. Mod.
'Tis all ye know... all ye'll e'er know.
But, truth told, 'tis all ye needs know.

Market won't work?
Stuck at the birds? Pulling out your hair?
Don't give up! Help is right here:
Dave.S' Tip's for Flashback (which may work for other rom's)
Serailplague's Common ICS Problems
FloRider's
Dirty Bean Tweaks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users