• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 an3on

an3on

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCuenca (SPAIN)

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hi everyone, and thanks to those who give a little light on this big mess.

This is my case:

I purchased a Gemei G9 about one month ago (black back). In the first days all was good, but I noticed a very soft buzzy sound, and it only recognized 5 screen points.
I wrote Merimobiles and they advised me to install a newer firmware (it came with baseband 4.00), and here began my headache.
Firstly, at work, the PC didn't recognized the device, but finally (I can't tell how I managed to do it), I could install LiveSuit and, I believe, the firmware (update, no format).
That was four or fivre days ago.
Just after updating the firmware, the screen seem not working well. I had to move the finger rapidly to get proper response, because if slowly, the scree made odd things. But after a couple of hours turned off, it began to work properly.
Yesterday afternoon I put some cartoons to my daughter, this morning before going to work, no problem at all. Perfect. I'm great updating firmwares!

But this evening, without notice, when triying to turn it on, it didn't recognized the screen. I turned it on, but couldn't unlock it, so it turned off. On again, move the finger over the screen, but no response. In a few seconds off again.
Then I thougt: turn it completely off. Well, I pushed the power button for a few seconds, but whe prompted to confirm turning off, again It did't get me pressing yes, so in a few seconds, black screen.
But what has me worried at all is that now it doesn't turn on any more (at least, the screen). I've tried it all: push the power button for 10 seconds, push the rear reset hole, push it again for some seconds, push it for moooore seconds, plug the charger, let it "rest" for a coupole of hours... Noting. It's a brick.
Well, not really a brick, because if I try to charge it, I can hear the famous crackling sound, and if I plug it to the PC (now at home, Windows 7 64 bits) via USB, the PC sounds and recognizes an unknown device, but I can't re-install any firmware because the tablet I gess is not really turned totally off, and, moreover, I have a yellow mark in the device manager, and can't manage to install correct drivers for the device.

In short, I have a black back, and a black screen device, and don't know how to turn it completely off in order to try to install any other firmware. Besides, my PC does'n recognize the device (I have yellow marks somewhere in the device manager), and last but not least, LiveSuit I have downloaded shows me "clean white" windows, so I don't know what is telling me (I gess I've installed the 32 bit one?).

Please, I need help, because I see that eventually I'll have a beautiful black screen tablet, not to mention my 4 year-old boy, who don't stop asking me for the tablet (mmmh, maybe he can solve the problem, because he handles it much better than me ...:p )

Thanks in advance for the bother, but I'm sure this forum has the answer.

Edited by MrTasselhof, 13 May 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#2 MrTasselhof

MrTasselhof

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

This is my case:

I purchased a Gemei G9 about one month ago (black back). In the first days all was good, but I noticed a very soft buzzy sound, and it only recognized 5 screen points.
I wrote Merimobiles and they advised me to install a newer firmware (it came with baseband 4.00), and here began my headache.
Firstly, at work, the PC didn't recognized the device, but finally (I can't tell how I managed to do it), I could install LiveSuit and, I believe, the firmware (update, no format).
Just after updating the firmware, the screen seem not working well. I had to move the finger rapidly to get proper response, because if slowly, the scree made odd things. But after a couple of hours turned off, it began to work properly.
Yesterday afternoon I put some cartoons to my daughter, this morning before going to work, no problem at all. Perfect. I'm great updating firmwares!

But this evening, without notice, when triying to turn it on, it didn't recognized the screen. I turned it on, but couldn't unlock it, so it turned off. On again, move the finger over the screen, but no response. In a few seconds off again.
Then I thougt: turn it completely off. Well, I pushed the power button for a few seconds, but whe prompted to confirm turning off, again It did't get me pressing yes, so in a few seconds, black screen.
But what has me worried at all is that now it doesn't turn on any more (at least, the screen). I've tried it all: push the power button for 10 seconds, push the rear reset hole, push it again for some seconds, push it for moooore seconds, plug the charger, let it "rest" for a coupole of hours... Noting. It's a brick.
Well, not really a brick, because if I try to charge it, I can hear the famous crackling sound, and if I plug it to the PC (now at home, Windows 7 64 bits) via USB, the PC sounds and recognizes an unknown device, but I can't re-install any firmware because the tablet I gess is not really turned totally off, and, moreover, I have a yellow mark in the device manager, and can't manage to install correct drivers for the device.

In short, I have a black back, and a black screen device, and don't know how to turn it completely off in order to try to install any other firmware. Besides, my PC does'n recognize the device (I have yellow marks somewhere in the device manager), and last but not least, LiveSuit I have downloaded shows me "clean white" windows, so I don't know what is telling me (I gess I've installed the 32 bit one?).

Please, I need help, because I see that eventually I'll have a beautiful black screen tablet, not to mention my 4 year-old boy, who don't stop asking me for the tablet (mmmh, maybe he can solve the problem, because he handles it much better than me ...:p )

It sounds like it may be in firmware update mode or some such...

There are two ways to charge teh device... 1 is by USB, the other is to use the USB to Power cable... You may want to connect/try both.
I would suggest pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds or so...

Now press and hold the power button and see if the device boots.
If not... Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds again.

Now I want you to reinstall LiveSuit from the .exe file and then attempt to reflash with format a firmware.
Open Livesuit and load the image file.
Hold the volume + button and connect the USB cable while it is connected to your PC.
Then press the power button 6 to 10 times in rapid succession.

Let me know if any of that works.

Tasselhof
WANT 500MB of FREE Mobile MiFi Wireless HotSpot Internet access for your tablet every month?
- Referral Link: Check Out FreedomPop

- Upfront Notes:
- Requires $100 security deposit for the mobile device plus shipping.
- Security deposit is fully refundable within the first year.
- After 1 year the security deposit is non-refundable and you now own the mobile device.
- By using this referral link above it increases my data limit by 50mb (similar to the DropBox referrals)

LINE: MrTasselhof (Live Chat)
Twitter: MrTasselhof
YouTube Tablet Reviews Channel: http://www.youtube.c...of?feature=mhum

All Tablets have been Provided for Review by: Merimobiles.com - HUGE THANK YOU!
- All names below are linked to their respective product page

**Latest Tablets**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Current Favorite Tablets & Devices**
Onda V812 - 8" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768 - w/ Quad Core CPU & 2GB RAM
Window N90 Dual Core II - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 1024x768
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
HP TouchPad - 9.7" Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - WebOS & Android - Dual-Boot (Use WebOS side)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII) - Running Blazer ROM

**Additional Recommended Tablets**
Gemei G9T Dual Core - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Gemei G9 - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 10-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Window N70 - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ WCDMA & Bluetooth - 1024x600
Chuwi V99 - 9.7" RETINA IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 2048x1536 (Needs Firmware Updating and Stability)

**Other Tablets Owned**
MID V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch
M701R - 7" 16:9 Resistive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C8 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C9 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
Ramos W6HD - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
M6 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i7 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
MID V8 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816R2 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
T9 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i8 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast P85 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast A15 - 9" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1280x800
FlyTouch 3 - 10.1" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch

#3 bluedragon24

bluedragon24

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

This is my case:

Hi there, many thanks for sharing your experience, I have more or less the same problem with a same G9 device (black/black). Will return to you to check for possible solutions.Thabnks again

#4 an3on

an3on

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCuenca (SPAIN)

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

Mr. Tasselhof , I just can say GREAT! Your "spell" worked out.

I did just what you said: pressed for about 10 sec or more the reset hole. Nothing happened. Then, I pressed for another 10 sec the power button. Nothing again. But when I pressed again the reset back hole for another 10 sec, then the screen showed "Gemei", after that the "G9" logo, an then it turned on like if nothing have ever happened.

Thanks again for your response. Anyway, what have happened to my tablet? Why did it fall asleep without previous notice?

#5 MrTasselhof

MrTasselhof

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,242 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:58 AM

Mr. Tasselhof , I just can say GREAT! Your "spell" worked out.

I did just what you said: pressed for about 10 sec or more the reset hole. Nothing happened. Then, I pressed for another 10 sec the power button. Nothing again. But when I pressed again the reset back hole for another 10 sec, then the screen showed "Gemei", after that the "G9" logo, an then it turned on like if nothing have ever happened.

Thanks again for your response. Anyway, what have happened to my tablet? Why did it fall asleep without previous notice?

Great to hear that it is booting up for you!
Not sure why it had the issue... you may want to try one fo the newer firmwares now that it is working ;)

Tasselhof
WANT 500MB of FREE Mobile MiFi Wireless HotSpot Internet access for your tablet every month?
- Referral Link: Check Out FreedomPop

- Upfront Notes:
- Requires $100 security deposit for the mobile device plus shipping.
- Security deposit is fully refundable within the first year.
- After 1 year the security deposit is non-refundable and you now own the mobile device.
- By using this referral link above it increases my data limit by 50mb (similar to the DropBox referrals)

LINE: MrTasselhof (Live Chat)
Twitter: MrTasselhof
YouTube Tablet Reviews Channel: http://www.youtube.c...of?feature=mhum

All Tablets have been Provided for Review by: Merimobiles.com - HUGE THANK YOU!
- All names below are linked to their respective product page

**Latest Tablets**

**Current Favorite Tablets & Devices**
Window N90 Dual Core II - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ Bluetooth - 1024x768
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
HP TouchPad - 9.7" Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - WebOS & Android - Dual-Boot (Use WebOS side)
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy SII) - Running Blazer ROM

**Additional Recommended Tablets**
Gemei G9T Dual Core - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Gemei G9 - 9.7" IPS 4:3 Capacitive 10-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Window N70 - 7" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - w/ WCDMA & Bluetooth - 1024x600

**Other Tablets Owned**
MID V7 - 7" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch
M701R - 7" 16:9 Resistive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C8 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
C9 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
Ramos W6HD - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x600
M6 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i7 - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II - 7" 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
MID V8 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816 - 8" 4:3 Resistive Single Touch
MID816R2 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 2-Point Multi-Touch
T9 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch
Wopad i8 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast P85 - 8" 4:3 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1024x768
Teclast A15 - 9" IPS 16:9 Capacitive 5-Point Multi-Touch - 1280x800
FlyTouch 3 - 10.1" 16:9 Resistive Single Touch

#6 lmadariaga

lmadariaga

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Hello, sorry for my English but not very good, my native language is Spanish, step comntarles my problem.
I have a tablet Gamei G9T, S / N 252SL2320363, I was installing the patch 4.0.4.rar G9T was in the manufacturer's site, when I finish the patching process and gave click reboot, the tablet did not return to burn to, I tried all the key combinations and nothing.

Hope you can help me.

#7 Zan Win

Zan Win

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

hi MrTasselhof,

i've tried as you did and many other did. the G9T still not booting or show up in PC usb. could you help? i opened up and test, the battery is 4.01 v.