aprendroid

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationColombia, South America

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

Ainol site is showing 2 new models:

Mars and Tornados

It seems Mars use processor Amlogic 8726 M3 and Tornados uses Amlogic 8726 M3L.

Other specs seems similar to those of previous Novo 7 models (resolution, ports, ICS 4.03).

You can see more info at Ainol site (third option in the title bar).

Good luck !

#2 al5911

al5911

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

It seem the 2 new model lack of mini hdmi port. And the hd video support only up to 1080p :(

#3 felixx

felixx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

It seem the 2 new model lack of mini hdmi port. And the hd video support only up to 1080p :(

honestly...im not even use mini hdmi...btw processor Amlogic 8726 M3 and Amlogic 8726 M3L is single core or dual core?

#4 skeerup

skeerup

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

I just ordered a Mars for the screen resolution 1024*600. The m3 processor is a single core. The m6 is the dual core.

#5 felixx

felixx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

I just ordered a Mars for the screen resolution 1024*600. The m3 processor is a single core. The m6 is the dual core.

thanks..just give a feedback once u got it...coz i heard new Tornado n Mars more stable :)

#6 skeerup

skeerup

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

thanks..just give a feedback once u got it...coz i heard new Tornado n Mars more stable :)

I will as soon as I can get my hands on it.
Well, I got it today and I can say that I'm not too impressed with it. The touch screen is terrible, it barely responds. I almost have to put my entire thumb on it to register half the time. Lots of software issues. Display is ok, but the second you turn to look at an angle you lose most of the visual.
Feels like a good quality build, very solid. It showed up with the chinese software installed. Not sure if I can flash with English OS for other Ainol models.
Camera is too be expected. It basically just serves as a pathetic visual recorder.

The worst is yet to come....It drops wifi connection constantly. Absolutely brutal. Completely unacceptable for any standard tablet. Skype does work and so does netflix, but with the dropping of wifi signal both are totally useless.
Browser speeds are relatively slow (firefox, opera).

The display looks a lot nicer than the tornado's.

Hopefull there will be some firmware updates soon to fix the wifi problem and touch screen.

Edited by skeerup, 29 May 2012 - 04:52 PM.

#7 skeerup

skeerup

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

I did an update and touch screen seems a bit more responsive. Gameloft games will load on it now. Still dropping wifi connection, but not as often.
Update for Netflix.... It works but the resolution is not the greatest. It pixilates and isn't quite as clear as it should be.
Browser speeds seem better.

#8 gahehe1

gahehe1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:02 AM

2 new model have weaker hardware than Aurora eventhough they have Cortex A9 CPU, which 20% faster than Cortex A8. But AMlogic's CPU design make their CPU weaker.

Amlogic AML8726 – Built in 65nm process, ARM A9 architecture, 800mHz main frequency, 128k L2 cache, Mali 400 GPU of 250MHz, supports 1080P decoding.

Allwinner A10 – Built-in 55nm process, ARM A8 architecture, 1.5GHz (currently 1.2GHz tested) main frequency, 512k L2 cache, Mali 400 GPU of 300MHz, supports full formats 2160P decoding.

Allwinner A10 win in every test.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

#9 JohnK

JohnK

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

I just got my Tornado and I'm pretty happy with it. (Maybe because my Novo7 Advanced had so many problems.)

Build quality seems much better than my Novo7 Advanced. But on the Tornado I notice that when I touch the screen there is a little distortion where the speaker is -- I think the speaker is to close to the screen. I do like the brushed black metal face around the screen.

System info shows the CPU is running 1.0GHz and it seems pretty responsive. My Advanced crashes about every 3 to 4 hours. The Tornado is running ICS and I've been playing with it for about 2 days with no crashes at all. WiFi range seems about the same as the Advanced but the Advanced WiFi wouldn't turn on after sleep while the Tornado works fine after sleep.

Overall for a $95 tablet it seems like a great deal. (As a side note, I got mine from SpeMall and they have been great.)

#10 RMXO

RMXO

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

dual core Ainol Elf II was released yesterday in the $149.99 price range

#11 BiL770

BiL770

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:31 AM

Also have new Ainol Novo Mars 7 and it works fine except Ice Age Village... somehow it always says "you are not connected to the internet" while am connected :-/ any suggestions?

#12 baldrick222

baldrick222

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

Ainol Novo 7 Crystal

has it been sighted for sale in Singapore yet ?

will be in Sing on 17/18 oct and want to purchase a 7 inch Ainol tablet ( have owned a 7 advanced which proved well worth the money )

thanks

#13 baldrick222

baldrick222

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

Ainol crystal review right here on this site
http://www.slatedroi...crystal-review/

will check on the hardwarezone singapore forums to see if anyone knows if it has been spotted in SLS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users