Not charging

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson

Crimson

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:31 AM

Just out of the package. I have let my new C71 upgrade charge for hours and the charge does not move at all. I tried via the charger and usb neither. It will run off the usb or charger power but will not charge in power down mode, idle or charging. Any Ideas???

#2 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

I've sold a couple hundred of the new ones and a few of them experience this problem. It is probably the battery.
Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#3 ezza_oz

ezza_oz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:16 AM

I've sold a couple hundred of the new ones and a few of them experience this problem. It is probably the battery.

Yep. Take out screws 2 top & bottom.
Gently pop off back.
Make sure battery cable is secure.

Mine was not connected properly.
Should be no probs after doing this.

Keri
ZT282 C71 Upgrade
M3C71-8gb-1n-e8-sa082-1
Android 4.0.3
Kernal 2.6.34 root@zenithink-desktop #1675
ZTPAD ZT-282(Slatedroid Market Script)

#4 Lynnie

Lynnie

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

I had a similar problem too. I had to charge the tablet for 16+ hrs to reach 47% charge when I took it out of the box. After that, I have have to unplug the charger from mini usb port and turned on the tablet. Once it was on, the whole charging process went a lot quicker but it still took another 5 hrs to make a full charge. Right now i will try to discharge the tablet and recharge it again and see what happen after than.
ZT-280 C71 upgraded, 1n. ICS4.03 20120204

#5 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:22 PM

Now I have a customer telling me that it is the battery calibration.

Unfortunately my time to diagnose small problems like this these days is rare so I can't test it.
Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#6 XlipZ

XlipZ

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

I got the (C71upgrade M3C71-8Gb-1n-e8-sa082-1) but for me its take only 1(one hour) with the wifi ON before i got the "low battery alert"..... i try to calibrate but no improvement at all

Flash the new firmware but nothing... to be honest i dont now what to do... to charge take hours but on light use u can see the battery drain off on "naked eyes"

PS: I open the tablet to see if the conection are ok but the battery use no conections... only soldered on MB...

Any one know any battery replacement to C71+(only hope i have)?

#7 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

I just got the 1n Zt282 upgrade. When I first tried to charge it, via USB charger that came with it, it would drain the battery if the unit was on, with or without WiFi. I used the Charger from a T02A as that is the same charger everyone is selling as a replacement. It started charging, but seemed like the tablet was getting a little warm. So with the unit powered off I charged via USB for 7 hours, I only got to 48%.

I opened the tablet and the connections seemed fine, so I decided to reflash the image, and immediately power down and recharge with the T02A. I left it overnight and in the morning had full charge, the tablet didn't feel the least warm. Watched a couple movies with WiFi off and had about 35% battery left. Charged again by USB still slower but not as bad. I then let it run to dead, charged it and deleted the batterystats.bin and let it run to dead again. Seem to be reporting the battery levels correctly now. Not sure if it is possible, but perhaps the warm was from the battery being fully charged but the system was still trying to charge it.

Even though that post went out from a Google engineer saying deleting the batterystats.bin doesn't effect anything, I have had too many tablets that have issues with the meter not reporting correctly and deleting that file after a full charge cycle makes them more accurate.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex Skypad S10 Rabid ROM Beta v1.0
Skytex Imagine 10 Rabid ROM v10 Jelly Bean
Skytex SP712 ICS Stock
HP Touchpad Dual Boot WebOs and CM9
Skytex Skypad Gemini 7" ICS Rabid ROM V1.0
Excite 10 Tegra 3 Stock ICS
Elocity A7+ Evilocity ROM
Sylvania SynetLP 7" Rooted

#8 Lynnie

Lynnie

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

After I discharge and recharge the pad for a few time. It seems to work fine now but it still takes 5 to 6 hrs to make a full charge with the stock charger. There was one time that I could not turn on the pad from sleep. I have to plug into the charger for 10 mins in order to turn it back on.
ZT-280 C71 upgraded, 1n. ICS4.03 20120204

#9 Kairnage

Kairnage

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

After I discharge and recharge the pad for a few time. It seems to work fine now but it still takes 5 to 6 hrs to make a full charge with the stock charger. There was one time that I could not turn on the pad from sleep. I have to plug into the charger for 10 mins in order to turn it back on.

Did you get a standard wall charger or the USB wall charger? 5 to 6 hours for a full charge isn't unheard of for a normal charger even if the pad is off. For the price I paid I am not going to complain too much.

If you Like my efforts please feel free to donate, the price of Pepsi Max keeps going up. DONATE HERE

Skytex Promotional code SLATE25OFF on Skytex tablets for all Slatedroid members @ shop.skytex.com

Skytex Skypad S10 Rabid ROM Beta v1.0
Skytex Imagine 10 Rabid ROM v10 Jelly Bean
Skytex SP712 ICS Stock
HP Touchpad Dual Boot WebOs and CM9
Skytex Skypad Gemini 7" ICS Rabid ROM V1.0
Excite 10 Tegra 3 Stock ICS
Elocity A7+ Evilocity ROM
Sylvania SynetLP 7" Rooted