Android Tablets Forum banner

WIP ICS R_9 namko Kernel for Coby1024N

16K views 40 replies 10 participants last post by  RonanCarvalho 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Disclaimer. This is not my work. This is CM-9 ported by SMDKV210 with NAMKO's Kernel(4/22/2012)
Flash this at your own risk. I take NO Responsibility for Bricking Your Device.

This rom is a work in progress. There are numerous things not working, because the kernel is not directly made for Coby Tablets.
This thread is to post your findings and possibly to help get a Kernel thats made for our tablets.

To flash this rom. Prepare a clean fat 32 formatted sdcard.This will format your internal Sdcard and erase your tablet contents.
Press and hold Home center button and Power Button,simultaneously, release when you see mid upgrade in progress. Do not press any buttons or attempt to power off your tablet. Let it up grade your software and it will shutdown when its done.

TESTED ON 1024N board Not sure if this will work on any other device. This kernel did not boot on my 8024 but I haven't tried with the new OS.

On first boot (well every boot) Kernel panics right away(The black penguin) and sometimes the display is snowy or has a faded effect. Just wait and the bootanimation will start. After tablet boots up There you are CM-9 on Coby Kyros 1024.
I suggest you restart tablet after first boot. I am just an end user like most of you I will help in any way possible. I am not a developer I made this so that others would be able to see and help with the development.

Home button works. Soft buttons do not work and I haven't figured out how to kill the lights
included:
Youtube
Aldiko Reader
Google Play(untested)
tapatalkxda
twitter
Nova Launcher

5/09/12
1024(n) board
nothing new except Namkos kernel on 5/2/2012. Built with thunderstorm beta 10 installer....
cm9 is the SMDKV210 version
4.04 is Namko with tuens tweaks to get wifi to connect manually...extsd is still not mounting and the usual non working items.....
Some apps are tweaked and the build.prop may need to be edited....I believe youtube vids are using hq in the 4.04 build added lastest aldiko reader to 4.04

7/23/12
Latest Kernel

Working Camera and Recorder
Auto Rotation (slow)
Softkeys(intermittant)
Updated Wifi

Still looking at usb
The latest version is ICS no tweaks no added programs thi is using namko FW-Installer
latest version here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bxscdk9mjpm7d3s

older versions here:
http://www.mediafire...adttrvakdidh71v

Thanks goes to NAMKO and Team for Kernel
Steev for his installer
SMDKV210 for the port(cm9)
tlbardelljr
Tuen

See less See more
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Honestly that would be very dificult because my tablet is damaged. I don't have working sound,microphone or usb port because of too many mis handles
I do know camera, hard buttons and volume buttons do not respond.
but those are linked to the kernel(imo)wifi was a pita but I managed to find a working solution that last through reboot. The tablet will shut down if you turn off wifi so there are still some kernel issues that will be easier to track down with more peopl able to give namko good kernel readings

Nova Launcher needs to be tweaked or it looks bad..try using 10 rows and columns and it looks decent

#8 ·
@vernox701: I tried CM9 V2 from jolocotroco but every time I turn on wifi the tablet (mid1024) shuts down. I remember I had the same with the original CM9. What did you modify to get your version?
I finally used your version with kernel and framework of V2 and now wifi works and I can enter wpa key without manual setup. I'm not sure whether I miss any other new things in V2.

#15 ·
I have flashed R7 on my MID1024 with the extra modules for the touchscreen and the tablet boots. Performance seems to be better than before. However I cannot get wifi to work. When I turn on wifi tablet shuts down. Has anybody any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.