1684 replies to this topic

#261 sydrooster

sydrooster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

OK guys i just got my U30GT from android-tablet-computer.co uk

The device itself looks used. There are marks all over the protective screen. Thankfully the protective screen is there though... im at work at the moment and its charging. Its already crashed once trying to play a mkv but next rebooted and it worked the second time. It came with firmware v1.04. Wifi seems OK to me but im wireless hot-spotting from my SGS2 30cm away haha. Screen is very nice.

One thing i cant work out is how to browse the contents of the USB thumb drive, or my other 320GB external HDD (powered by USB)? The USB thing drive works as i can select the media files from the stock video player, but just browsing files i cant access the drive even with ES File Explorer... unless im a total idiot and dont know how to do it??

See how i go with it... need to work out how to update firmware and stuffs tonight.

Edited by sydrooster, 03 June 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#262 Man Fan

Man Fan

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

...the sd not coming out that easily is NOT a problem, ...

Sorry, what do you meant by NOT a problem?

Someone say it is not working as normal SD slot does when you push it won't pop out.
Thanks

#263 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

Congrats!

The device itself looks used. There are marks all over the protective screen. Thankfully the protective screen is there though... im at work at the moment and its charging. Its already crashed once trying to play a mkv but next rebooted and it worked the second time. It came with firmware v1.04. Wifi seems OK to me but im wireless hot-spotting from my SGS2 30cm away haha. Screen is very nice.

The screen protectors tend to look a bit scuffed before you remove the top layer but once removed it should look new. Mine also had a protective film on the rear of the tablet.

One thing i cant work out is how to browse the contents of the USB thumb drive, or my other 320GB external HDD (powered by USB)? The USB thing drive works as i can select the media files from the stock video player, but just browsing files i cant access the drive even with ES File Explorer... unless im a total idiot and dont know how to do it??
See how i go with it... need to work out how to update firmware and stuffs tonight.

Use Explorer in the apps drawer and select USB.
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#264 sydrooster

sydrooster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

I put on Astro file manager and could see the USB thumb drive. Havent tried the external HDD though not sure how/if to get that working.

I can also confirm the speaker is really crap. I have only played to play 1 720p tv show but i could barely hear anything at max volume. Other clips might be better but even so its a very poor shallow sounding speaker. But, i dont really care... id use headphones anyway if need sound. Not a big issue for me at all.

Thanks for that Jezz mine does have a protector front and back so maybe me just thinking the worst. Either way, not much i can do down here in Australia!! :)

Already had a few ppl at work look at it and amazed at how it looks for the price..

#265 zkyevolved

zkyevolved

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

I just got mine :-) going to unbox and play around. I got mine from Elijah from AliExpress

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

#266 cerebrae

cerebrae

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:33 AM

zkyevolved, could you please also feedback on WIFI signal strength? Thanks!

#267 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

I just got mine :-) going to unbox and play around. I got mine from Elijah from AliExpress

Gratz! Enjoy :D

Jez
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#268 zkyevolved

zkyevolved

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

At the top left there is a lot of screen leakage. Kind of bugs me, but only on black screens.

Wifi is OK. On my Galaxy Note I have 3 of the 4 bars where I am, and on the tablet I have 2 bars. I upgraded first to the newest OS 1.0.6

Do you other guys also have the light leakage on dark screens? I don't know if I should complain...

Kent!

EDIT: After my first reboot, it's been a solid 3. So it's about equal to my SGN!

Edited by zkyevolved, 04 June 2012 - 05:36 AM.

#269 ArisGrUk

ArisGrUk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUK / Greece

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

Sorry, what do you meant by NOT a problem?

Someone say it is not working as normal SD slot does when you push it won't pop out.
Thanks

I mean the slot does take a micro SD card, and it does read it and works fine, BUT it is a bit fiddly to take sd card out. How often will you have to take sd card out??? Personally never!! But if for some reason you ll be doing so on a daily basis, put some tape to the end of sd or use a pair of twizzers, as suggested by many users, and that will sort out the "problem".

For me the only problem is the tiny sound!!! Having a portable tablet and then having to carry speakers too might be off putting..........

Edited by ArisGrUk, 04 June 2012 - 05:35 AM.

#270 HuKerrs

HuKerrs

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

I agree, as a portable device it should reproduct the sounds at least as good as a mobile phone does, althought i would expect something between laptop and mobile phone.

Based on the pictures, the Window N101 should do much better (two speakers on the front, next to the screen). The question is, whether it is worth the extra ~40 USD or now even ~60 USD with pandawill preorder price for Cube...

Edited by HuKerrs, 04 June 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#271 sydrooster

sydrooster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Mine has light leakage top left as well but its a cheap powerful tablet and its not that bad.. not the end of the world.

#272 GNr8r

GNr8r

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

So anxious to get mine! The sound being tiny is only a small issue to me, I think I'll use headphones most of the time, for it's price you still can't go wrong.

#273 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Mine has light leakage top left as well but its a cheap powerful tablet and its not that bad.. not the end of the world.

Mine too, but I knew this before I ordered it because it was mentioned in a number of reviews. Think it's quite common on ips displays. Doesn't bother me at all.

Jez

#274 zkyevolved

zkyevolved

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:04 AM

I've been playing around with the tablet for a while now, it's pretty good!

A few notes:

• The screen is fairly sensitive, I don't know if I'm lifting up my finger too much while swiping or something, but it often looses track of my finger.
  • While charging sometimes the screen goes wanko (touchwise)
  • Battery life is fantastic!
  • Build quality is decent.
  • Screen angles are very good

I am having an issue with the keyboard. I write in English and Spanish, and I've found that the auto-correct feature finds EVERY word incorrect (meaning it writes it fine, but underlines it in red meaning error or misspelling). How can I fix this? Have any of you had this issue? It's not a biggie. I turned off the auto-correct, and just use the keyboard suggestions (from Smart Keyboard Pro)

#275 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

[*]While charging sometimes the screen goes wanko (touchwise)

You might have an early U30GT model?

Issues for U30GT were: #1. touchscreen does not work properly while charging #2. weak WiFI (fixed by changing to metal antennae) #3. weak sound #4. deep sleep (fixed in firmware 1.06?) #5. microSD card does not eject and #6. light leakage top left

Not sure if they ever fixed the screen problem while charging. I am hoping the final batch will have some or most of these issues fixed.

EDIT: changed some info

Edited by Nickos-V, 04 June 2012 - 10:01 AM.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#276 zkyevolved

zkyevolved

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

Oh yeah. Wi-Fi is for sure worse than my note. It doesn't hold onto the signal. Also sound is very low. It's ok if you're in a quiet room. But other than that good luck! Should it get sent back? Or should I hold on to it? Hmmm... I'm not sure what to do... it's so pretty and fast!!!!

Can anyone verify that they can use Bluetooth tethering? I can't share a connection with the Bluetooth. Of course I could over Wi-Fi but I'd much prefer over Bluetooth. I even tried it on multiple devices.

#277 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

Oh yeah. Wi-Fi is for sure worse than my note. It doesn't hold onto the signal. Also sound is very low. It's ok if you're in a quiet room. But other than that good luck! Should it get sent back? Or should I hold on to it? Hmmm... I'm not sure what to do... it's so pretty and fast!!!!

Nothing you can do about sound. All of the U30GT tablets have same low sound issue because of single speaker. Also, the speaker faces the back cover but the holes are drilled on the side. Drilling holes on back cover, where speaker sits, could help improve sound by 50%.
http://bbs.imp3.net/...658533-1-1.html

The 1st models had bad WiFi because of ceramic antennae which was then changed to metal. Also, they had touchscreen problem while charging. Not sure if this was ever fixed. Your seller may have sent you one of the prototype models?

Bad WiFi is not fun. One of the most important things to have in a tablet. You should send back if WiFi is real bad. Or else, if you are good with working on electronics, changing out the antennae to a better one. ie. open tablet & change antennae to another one.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#278 SJ23

SJ23

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

So a few people had problems ordering from there but you got yours ok. Now im confused, dunno whether to order from them or not. If i use paypal is it easy to get a refund if they mess me around?

#279 zkyevolved

zkyevolved

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Nothing you can do about sound. All of the U30GT tablets have same low sound issue because of single speaker. Also, the speaker faces the back cover but the holes are drilled on the side. Drilling holes on back cover, where speaker sits, could help improve sound by 50%.
http://bbs.imp3.net/...658533-1-1.html

The 1st models had bad WiFi because of ceramic antennae which was then changed to metal. Also, they had touchscreen problem while charging. Not sure if this was ever fixed. Your seller may have sent you one of the prototype models?

Bad WiFi is not fun. One of the most important things to have in a tablet. You should send back if WiFi is real bad. Or else, if you are good with working on electronics, changing out the antennae to a better one. ie. open tablet & change antennae to another one.

I like the tablet. I really do. The screen doesn't seem to be too sensitive. Sometimes while typing it misses the letters and I'm fairly certainty that its not me.

Its really fast tablet. Hehe. I'll see what will happen with the wifi.
If anyone has by questions feel free to ask.
Kent

Sent from my U30GT-W using Tapatalk 2

#280 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

Just upgraded to Evolution 1.1...

Quadrant slightly higher, Antutu lower but tablet feels much snappier. Mains points are...

- Rooted (so TB Pro etc. works great)
- Chinese apps gone
- English bootup - like starting a UK sourced tablet for the first time

Looking forward to the evolution of Evolution :)

Jez
P.S. poor speaker isn't a problem with early tablets, it's a design issue - just like SmartQ T20