Android Tablets Forum banner

Gemei G9T with lastest Amlogic Cortex-A9 Dual Core Processor w/ Video by MrTasselhof

8K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  Fady Asha 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Selling on chinese website taobao. Price is RMB1689. It seems like only change is upgrade in processor, from Allwinner A10 to Amlogic A9.

[hr]

Below are the two videos I have created to review the Gemei G9T Dual Core

Gemei G9T Dual Core - First Review - 9.7" IPS Tablet w/ ICS - Purchase at: Merimobiles.com

Gemei G9T Dual Core - Benchmarks vs. G9 - Review - Purchase at: Merimobiles.com
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttTlViGAnEM

Above you will find the benchmarks and comparison of the G9T vs. the Original G9.

Tasselhof

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Selling on chinese website taobao. Price is RMB1689. It seems like only change is upgrade in processor, from Allwinner A10 to Amlogic A9.
Ok. Thanks for info. CPU will be Amlogic's newest dual core MX.

Gemei will call this new tablet G9T. Maybe already out in China then? If yes, then other retailers will have it soon too.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/mcbub-com/38039-gemei-g9t-dual-core-android-4-0-4-ics-tablet-ready-come-mcbub-com.html

PS, 1689CNY = $268USD

#3 ·
Yeh I heard about this before I bought my Gemei G9, but do you really think it would make a difference? It's like when I had an Iphone 4 and they claimed the Iphone 4s was 7 times faster. I upgraded to the 4s, and to be honest I don't feel any difference. It all depends on what you use your Tablet for. I use it mainly for work and playing some light weight games but nothing too fancy!

#8 ·
To each his/her own.
I have been very happy with my Gemei G9, but I also haven't used the "Retail" brands.

The Gemei G9 and other tabs I have recieved all get the job done for me.

Tasselhof

#9 ·
Mr.T Looks like u got one of the better G9 units. the one showcased in ur review is pretty stable

But unfortunately for many its a gamble as its only a 50/50 chance that you get a decent unit.

the tab below from Acer has superb specs and has a much stable FW and costs only about 70$ more than wat i paid for my Gemei G9 + DHL shipping + import duty

http://www.###########.in/itm/Acer-ICONIA-A500-10S16w-16GB-Wi-Fi-10-1in-Silver-/270959053273?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item3f166b09d9

#10 ·
I agree it is a bit frustrating. Though the tablet is real nice, it's not really that stable. I'm still unable to get a wide range of games working on it including Angry birds or shadowgun which is basic.. It restarts randomly sometimes after playing around on youtube or browsing, and not to mention exits games when playing.

It's no walk in the park to get the Gemei g9 working up to a persons standards but hey you get what you pay for. I'm sure newer firmwares will be better and hopefully will be able to make more use of it.

I tend to believe the issue would even be from Ice-cream itself. The major brands haven't yet upgraded as of yet, so yes it will take time.

The gemei g9 has great potential we just need some more developers in getting it more stable. Too bad I suck at that lol! I have the Flytouch 3 until now and is stable as can be due to the custom roms developed by the guys. I hope we'll get a custom rom soon enough.

#16 ·
Guess WHAT !?!?!

It appears I may receive a Gemei G9T Dual Core today... at least that is what I believe/have been told is on the way.
Thank you again to Merimobiles.com - Gemei G9T Dual Core

Now we can really put it to the test... head to head... N90 Dual Core, Gemei G9T Dual Core, and the Gemei G9..

Mind you all of this will take some time and I will try to answer questions when/how I can...

I have requested the Admins create a new forum home for the G9T and request/advise any further discussion/questions regarding it be submitted/created there.
Slatedroid.com - Gemei G9T Dual Core

Again I expect to receive the Gemei G9T Dual Core later today... I don't have it yet ;P

Thanks!

Tasselhof

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
Update Just got it... the G9T...

Quick Review

Physically... it is exactly the same as the Gemei G9.
It is also nearly identical in every other aspect as well... the only difference I can see is the processor.
The G9T runs and feels a bit hotter than the G9, but nothing that has become uncomfortable to hold... just noticeable.

I have run some preliminary benchmarks and can say.
- The G9T outperforms the G9 as expected.

AnTuTu Benchmark

Gemei G9 = 3211
- AllWinner A10 - Performance - Single Core - 1152 Mhz
Gemei G9T = 6518
- AmLogic Cortex A9 - Performance - Dual Core - 1500 Mhz

Quadrant

Gemei G9 = 1892
Gemei G9T = 3383

An3DBenchXL

Gemei G9 = 23941
Gemei G9T = 25773

PassMark Performance Test

Gemei G9
- System = 1086
- CPU = 1567
- Disk = 1659
- Memory = 960
- 2D = 904
- 3D = 593
Gemei G9T
- System = 1510
- CPU = 4847
- Disk = 1666
- Memory = 923
- 2D = 1607
- 3D = 641

#18 ·
2nd Update.

I have finished recording both the First Review and the Side by Side comparison and Benchmarks review vs. the G9.

Now I just need to edit, encode, and upload them to YouTube...

Most likely won't happen until tomorrow.

But if you want to be the first to know... I would suggest subscribing to my YouTube channel
or my Twitter: MrTasselhof

Thanks!

Tasselhof

#19 ·
I have posted the First Review video and will be encoding the benchmarks/comparison video soon.

Thanks!

Tasselhof

#21 ·
I have posted the 2nd Video

Gemei G9T Dual Core - Benchmarks vs. G9 - Review - Purchase at: Merimobiles.com

Above you will find the benchmarks and comparison of the G9T vs. the Original G9.

Tasselhof

#23 ·
Everything has been stable for me so far... No weird reboots or anything.

Tasselhof

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.