8 replies to this topic

#1 Aquous

Aquous

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi guys,

When I bought my ELF, I bought the leather keyboard case with it. It's a nice gadget, and when put into my bag landscape-style it works perfectly. However, when I put it into my bag portrait-style, the tablet just slides right out. That kind of defeats the purpose of a protective case, don't you think?
Now what I'm asking: do you guys notice this as well? Have you come up with a way to keep the tablet in place?

Thanks!

#2 sambartle

sambartle

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Which case is it? Could you use blue tack to stick the tablet to the back of it??

As far as I know there isn't an official one for the elf at all (the only official-ish one I could find is for the Aurora and fits the elf really well as long as you don't mind the charging port being blocked)

There's no keyboard on that one though..

#3 Aquous

Aquous

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Oh, I didn't know it wasn't official. It was available as an extra option on the web page I bought the tablet on, so I figured it was a model specifically made for the ELF. Guess not...

The sticker on the back says it's a Sapac T07-30A. Googling that turns up only this: http://www.high-tech...t=254&id_lang=1
That's a 10" case but the idea of mine is exactly the same: a leather case with three plastic clamps that hold the device in place. The problem is that there are no such clamps on the sides, meaning that the tablet is prone to sliding out of the case. I could try blue tack (I'd never heard of it before but it basically looks like specialized glorified chewing gum) but I can imagine that taking the tablet back out of the case would be a messy job (yes, I want to be able to take the tablet out, I just don't want it to slide out on its own).

#4 Jpegasus

Jpegasus

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

I dont know about the ELF but the advanced II is the same size as the kindle fire so I bought this one:Attached File  14-04-12_0816.jpg   69.67KB   59 downloads
It's supposedly leather but has an amazing grip and it was only about 10 bucks http://www.amazon.co...ils_o03_s00_i00
It wont slide, it's cozy.

#5 sambartle

sambartle

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

duplicate post removed

Edited by sambartle, 01 May 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#6 sambartle

sambartle

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted 01 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

wow.. I thought blu-tac was universal world wide. its very common in the UK, where are you from out of interest?

its a bit like gum yes, but you stretch it and it warms up making it sticky, you can fully remove it easily though, and any bits left you just use the big lump to dab them off the tablet, the only things it really has problems with are material and clothes, and hair. it gets well stuck to those..

it would be perfect for this job however as it would stay stuck to the back when the tablet is removed.. and you just press the tablet back onto in when you put it back in, it would just stop it sliding!

alternatively... fix some sticky back Velcro tape to the tablet and case so they Velcro in place in the case!

#7 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

Self tapping screws should fix it.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.

#8 Aquous

Aquous

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

dryster: I'd already thought of putting a screw in the right of the case to block the tablet from sliding out, but that would be both a clumsy job and a very aesthetically unappealing solution. Unless that isn't what you meant.

Looks like blu-tack is my best option. We don't have blu-tack here in the Netherlands, at least not under that name, but we do have something similar called 'buddies' which is basically the same thing except white. However, I'm not so sure that they'll stick to the (leather) back of the case, especially when removing the tablet again, but there's only one way to find out...

Off to the convenience store...

#9 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

I was just joking, but seriously, you could affix a couple of strips of nylon webbing (strapping) with hot melt glue inside the case (not the tablet) which would mean that you would have to "push" the tablet into the case, then friction would hold it in. It could be any thick material that would look aesthetically pleasing. Blue tack would work, but it's temporary, you probably want a more professional or tidy look.
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.