flytouch 2 just buzzes then turns off

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 premint

premint

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

hello i have a superpad flytouch 2 that when you turn it on just buzzes, shows the infotmic logo then goes off, ive tried holding down home, power and select buttons altogether and get the message about pressing the keys for factory reset, pressing any buttons at this point has no effect it just finishes counting down then goes off, if i keep pressing them it gives a very long string of numbers with a message about booting in 3 seconds, counts down then shows a logo of a planet then just goes off, this is all i can get it to do can anyone offer a solution to get it going again please its from china so taking it back is not an option

#2 Dyfren

Dyfren

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:40 AM

hello i have a superpad flytouch 2 that when you turn it on just buzzes, shows the infotmic logo then goes off, ive tried holding down home, power and select buttons altogether and get the message about pressing the keys for factory reset, pressing any buttons at this point has no effect it just finishes counting down then goes off, if i keep pressing them it gives a very long string of numbers with a message about booting in 3 seconds, counts down then shows a logo of a planet then just goes off, this is all i can get it to do can anyone offer a solution to get it going again please its from china so taking it back is not an option

If you see this logo: it means that you can upload the new ROM using a USB cable. Level of difficulty: Intermediate.

If you see black screen and tablet vibrates constantly: it means that you have to replace the memory chip on the motherboard of the tablet. Level of difficulty: Almost impossible to do for the average person.

#3 premint

premint

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

hi thanks for the reply do you think the problem is just a corrupt rom, could you expand on how to upload the rom, what software to use and where to obtain a good copy, also which is the best rom to use and where would i get it thanks

#4 leeb

leeb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

JUST TO BE CERTAIN...
We are talking about a pad with TWO TF slots... Yes?
Good. :p

Firstly, are you remotely familiar with the IUW 1.2 program? If not, do a BUNCH of reading about USB firmware updates.

Do a google for

sawee-superpad-gen-1-firmware-2-2-20110430-help-unbrick

will point you to a version that has worked BEAUTIFULLY on my VERY FINICKY SP/FT2... far better than anything else I found for it.

Hope this helps! :D

EDIT:
'Home, power and select'

SELECT ???

Try the 'ESC/BACK' (on the front!), HOME and then PWR...
It should come up and say something about the keys for reset...
Release ALL of them and THEN do the BACK/HOME buttons again. THAT SHOULD get you started for a complete restore.

Edited by leeb, 29 April 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#5 premint

premint

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

hi thanks for replying, when i said select button i was meaning the one on the front, if i hold down all 3 keys i do get the message about pressing the keys for factory reset but pressing any buttons at this point has no effect it just finishes counting down then goes off, using IUW just blue screens my laptop

#6 premint

premint

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:52 AM

i have since managed to get the tablet to display the "communicating with pc" logo but the problem i have now is that when the box goes green withn a few secondsof clicking the burn button it blue screens my pc, it does this both on my XP machin and my Vista laptop

#7 leeb

leeb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 06:57 PM

i have since managed to get the tablet to display the "communicating with pc" logo but the problem i have now is that when the box goes green withn a few secondsof clicking the burn button it blue screens my pc, it does this both on my XP machin and my Vista laptop

That is a software problem ON THE PC end... try replacing the copy you have with another one... (have 1.2?)
XP should not be a big issue, but Vista may require you to 'run as administrator'... Win7 sure does! :blink:

Sorry for the lag time... been having car 'fits'! =@

:D

#8 Loujbork

Loujbork

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

My Epad just gave way a few days ago. After reading the info provided here, I was able to reboot, thanks very much to you. Much appreciated. Lou

#9 leeb

leeb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

Much Welcome! :good: :yahoo: :good:

#10 Loujbork

Loujbork

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

On another note, if I may, before my Sawee epad stopped working, I had installed the 2.1 OS last year. Now since I rebooted (reset to original install), I'm on Donut 1.6 version. Any idea how I can reflash again? Seems, I can't get the 2.1 version here any longer. Thanks very much again. Lou

#11 leeb

leeb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

Do you happen to know which board is in it?
(like wwe101-main...etc?)
do a google for 'gen1 superpad' and hopefully you will find the one that I used for MY sp1...
Worked GREAT on my finicky-azz superpad! :good:

Lee

Oh... and its 2.2! :D

Edited by leeb, 20 May 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#12 BUYaDROID

BUYaDROID

Advanced Member

• SlateDroid Business Sellers
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

Just to be clear,

You are doing this with the power adapter plugged into the tablet?
BUYaDROID™ is a Slatedroid SBS approved seller

Our website is located at www.BUYaDROID.blogspot.com

Look for us in Small Business Sellers Section of Slatedroid

#13 premint

premint

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:14 AM

thanks for the replys i was using ver 1.0 so i have just downloaded ver 1.2 and will give it a try over the weekend thanks

#14 premint

premint

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

hi all, i tried ver 1.2 at least it didnt blue screen the pc, the box goes green to show connection with tablet but when i press burn it just hangs the computer now, im using win XP on an Asus A7V333 motherboard if that helps

#15 leeb

leeb

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

WHICH xp... 32 or 64?

Hope for 32...
:D

#16 premint

premint

• PipPip