Photo

post your homescreens and app screenshot ;)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 jexuiq_05

jexuiq_05

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:11 AM

Hello guys! I've been using my Elf for around a month now and I say that I am VERY SATISFIED with my tablet. Sadly, I'll be parting with my device in a month's time since I need to trade it in to my mom so that she'd buy me a Galaxy Note ;) This is my first android device, and all I can say is that android's customizability and functionality is AMAZING (sorry ifanboys, I customize my Ipod too and I believe modding in Android is waaaay better haha).

I've seen these topics in other tablet forums so let's make one!:) Post your screenshots guys and be proud of your Elf modding!:) App drawers are also highly appreciated :p Im using screenshot it for these shots :)

First and foremost, let's remember what the stock looked like for comparison purposes :p

Posted Image

Posted Image

+++++++++++++++++++
JEXUIQ_05 AINOL ELF
+++++++++++++++++++

This is me holding my device:

Posted Image

I have 3 homescreens as follows from left to right:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My app drawer is as follows, all apps working ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My simple lockscreen:

Posted Image

More on my device:
1) All hail androidkun's ECR! Running on 0.8a, smoothsailing ;)
2) Launcher is ADW Launcher Ex set to 8x10, locked to landscape mode
3) Fullres image posted as wallpaper through MultiPicture Live Wallpaper app. ICS cropping sucks.
4) Underclocked always to 300-744Mhz for battery saving purposes
5) Still blazing fast and slick thanks to SuperCharger and Chainfire3D
6) Other stuff you can ask me :)

POST YOURS TOO!:D I LOVE MY AINOL ELF. WILL DEFINITELY BUY ONE WHEN I GIVE MOMMY MINE :((

Update: Posted a new topic on my experience using the Ainol Elf. Please feel free to check it HERE. Hope this helps ;)

Edited by jexuiq_05, 22 April 2012 - 03:50 AM.

#2 maybank2u

maybank2u

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:52 AM

300-744Mhz for battery saving purposes

won't the processes be slow when the max is only 744Mhz? mine still at 1008 Mhz, sometimes the battery drain like cow, how's yours with the normal browsing/mini games?

For supercharger, i heard people mentioned that it has little effect or noticeable changes tho, i haven't try it yet. Do we really need it?

btw is that a casing ur putting for your tablet?

#3 jexuiq_05

jexuiq_05

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:03 AM

@maybank2u: Hi! thanks for the comment to my first post haha.

Regarding clocking: I have no problems running my elf at 744Mhz. Scrolling animations are still fast, touchscreen still responsive. Sometimes I underclock it further to around 672Mhz. Actually I noted better performance after installing Chainfire3D and SuperCharger. I believe the touchscreen is responsive since flicking my finger fast produces no lag at all when scrolling.

And clock the minimum CPU to at least 200Mhz. My default setting was 60Mhz, and hell, booting up was EXTREMELY SLOW.

Regarding supercharger, you don't really need to. But if you want to, I say go for it. I initially hesitated installing it on my Elf since the istallation process, for me, being a complete noob in scripts, was complicated haha. But I enjoy modding my device, hence I tried it, and on my opinion, it does boost performance. I installed it less than a week ago.

And yes its a casing. The supplier here had one so I bought it ;) I need a screenprotector though, can't find one haha. Hope it helps. :)
+++++++++++++++++++
JEXUIQ_05 AINOL ELF
+++++++++++++++++++

All hail the Chinese tablet makers!;)

#4 yoyowhatup22

yoyowhatup22

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

Regarding clocking: I have no problems running my elf at 744Mhz. Scrolling animations are still fast, touchscreen still responsive. Sometimes I underclock it further to around 672Mhz. Actually I noted better performance after installing Chainfire3D and SuperCharger. I believe the touchscreen is responsive since flicking my finger fast produces no lag at all when scrolling.

And clock the minimum CPU to at least 200Mhz. My default setting was 60Mhz, and hell, booting up was EXTREMELY SLOW.

Regarding supercharger, you don't really need to. But if you want to, I say go for it. I initially hesitated installing it on my Elf since the istallation process, for me, being a complete noob in scripts, was complicated haha. But I enjoy modding my device, hence I tried it, and on my opinion, it does boost performance. I installed it less than a week ago.

And yes its a casing. The supplier here had one so I bought it ;) I need a screenprotector though, can't find one haha. Hope it helps. :)

how did you mod you soft buttons? (been wanting to switch mine to win 8 )

Edited by yoyowhatup22, 22 April 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#5 jexuiq_05

jexuiq_05

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:48 AM

how did you mod you soft buttons? (been wanting to switch mine to win 8)

hey there!thanks for the reply..Haven't tried modding my soft buttons. Again I'm not a programmer or developer or something and I am more familiar with modding an IOS device, but if it's just like in iOS, I think you just need to change the assigned image of the soft buttons :) Haven't explored the internals of my device that much yet since I am satisfied with my status bar :P

#6 maybank2u

maybank2u

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:10 AM

wow! quick reply :) i m gonna lower down my CPU again. btw about the casing, can i know from which supplier u got it from? can u take more photo on the case? thanks. and wouldn't it be hot when covered with casing?

#7 jexuiq_05

jexuiq_05

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:26 AM

wow! quick reply :) i m gonna lower down my CPU again. btw about the casing, can i know from which supplier u got it from? can u take more photo on the case? thanks. and wouldn't it be hot when covered with casing?

Haha, I've got nothing to do today, hence I'm just surfing the net and occasionally refreshing my browser to update myself on my first and second post ;) Try lowering it down and see what settings work for you. I use CPU MASTER FREE to clock, what do you use?

The case I bought from a local dealer here in the Philippines. I don't know where they get their stocks but it fits the Ainol Elf well. Quality is average, and I believe it does not affect my Elf's temp in any way ;)

I will post it in a bit after I upload the photos, got the shots but my net connection is a bit sucky haha. The photos are a bit blurry though since I took it with my Ipod Touch. Will get back to you in a moment. Thanks for the response!:)
+++++++++++++++++++
JEXUIQ_05 AINOL ELF
+++++++++++++++++++

#8 maybank2u

maybank2u

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

Haha, I've got nothing to do today, hence I'm just surfing the net and occasionally refreshing my browser to update myself on my first and second post ;) Try lowering it down and see what settings work for you. I use CPU MASTER FREE to clock, what do you use?

The case I bought from a local dealer here in the Philippines. I don't know where they get their stocks but it fits the Ainol Elf well. Quality is average, and I believe it does not affect my Elf's temp in any way ;)

I will post it in a bit after I upload the photos, got the shots but my net connection is a bit sucky haha. The photos are a bit blurry though since I took it with my Ipod Touch. Will get back to you in a moment. Thanks for the response!:)

is your tablet edges are abit loose? mine when u press on it softly u can hear some sound. I'm using the setCPU though, as free versions can't have extra profiles. with that i set my CPU to 720Mhz max 60Mhz min during sleepmode, last at 100% for days. only problem is the usage (then battery drain like hell). thanks for your help, i cant wait to see the pics :D

#9 jexuiq_05

jexuiq_05

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:50 AM

is your tablet edges are abit loose? mine when u press on it softly u can hear some sound. I'm using the setCPU though, as free versions can't have extra profiles. with that i set my CPU to 720Mhz max 60Mhz min during sleepmode, last at 100% for days. only problem is the usage (then battery drain like hell). thanks for your help, i cant wait to see the pics :D

What launcher do you use?:) I think it's better if you set the lowest settings a bit higher so that you get to boot your launcher faster whenever you restart your device. I bought this case for around Php 600 ~ $15. Not that shabby but expensive, though it's not easy looking for a case so I guess its fine. And here are the pics as promised. I'm having a hard time attaching it here in the forums so just check it out HERE. ;)

Hope you find a case!:) And if you have time, please do share screenshots or shots of your Elf too!;) BTW, that app in my third homescreen containing my username is that of WHITEBOARD PRO. It has a brilliant transparent option and you can use it to occupy the whole screen, turning your tab into a large board for fast scribbling ;)

#10 jexuiq_05

jexuiq_05

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

@maybank2u: forgot to answer your other question. My Elf also has creaking sounds but only on the lower left corner, near the headphone jack. I think its because there aint any stuff located there inside (aka the part is hollow). Other edges dont creak, and build quality is fantastic ;)
+++++++++++++++++++
JEXUIQ_05 AINOL ELF
+++++++++++++++++++

#11 Waver

Waver

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

hey buddy how did you mod the status bar keys like this ....check out the defalut view they are quite diff have you got some kind of script aur app to mod them...??????? :mellow: :mellow:

#12 yoyowhatup22

yoyowhatup22

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:10 PM

hey there!thanks for the reply..Haven't tried modding my soft buttons. Again I'm not a programmer or developer or something and I am more familiar with modding an IOS device, but if it's just like in iOS, I think you just need to change the assigned image of the soft buttons :) Haven't explored the internals of my device that much yet since I am satisfied with my status bar :p

yeah i spent hours looking at forums on how too's and i have found the images, just dont know how/ which to change. fyi you dont have the stock buttons.

#13 jexuiq_05

jexuiq_05

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

@yoyo and waver, sorry for the late response.I actually never noticed that my soft buttons have been changed haha. Never modded images and stuff. I dont think it's because of the custom ROM. Maybe the launcher?I use ADW Ex instead of the stock. Will try to revert to the stock and see if my soft buttons go back to normal ;)
+++++++++++++++++++
JEXUIQ_05 AINOL ELF
+++++++++++++++++++

#14 picturemarc888

picturemarc888

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

yo jexuiq_05, i'm also in the phil.. got my elf at multiply.. is your case available online too? tnx..

#15 jexuiq_05

jexuiq_05

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

yo jexuiq_05, i'm also in the phil.. got my elf at multiply.. is your case available online too? tnx..

Hey there! Widgetcity sells the case for P600. How's your Elf doing? Good thing you decided to buy one, di ka natakot?hehe.
+++++++++++++++++++
JEXUIQ_05 AINOL ELF
+++++++++++++++++++

#16 picturemarc888

picturemarc888

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

di masyado, ok naman sa multiply basta via multiply lang payment hindi direkta sa seller.. mahirap na.. haha..

had a nice transaction with awesomegadgets but did not continue buying a second one, prices went up from 7,999 to 8,499 in a matter of 3 days, lol.. i'll just wait for the elf 2 or aurora 2 perhaps..

tnx for the info mate.. i'll try all your apps and your suggestions with the underclocking too.. (before i switch to gingerbread for testing) =)

#17 jexuiq_05

jexuiq_05

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

di masyado, ok naman sa multiply basta via multiply lang payment hindi direkta sa seller.. mahirap na.. haha..

had a nice transaction with awesomegadgets but did not continue buying a second one, prices went up from 7,999 to 8,499 in a matter of 3 days, lol.. i'll just wait for the elf 2 or aurora 2 perhaps..

tnx for the info mate.. i'll try all your apps and your suggestions with the underclocking too.. (before i switch to gingerbread for testing) =)

Hey picturemarc8888! Why not buy at Widget City? They sell the Elf for 7800 :) I'm planning to buy a Paladin from them for P4950 so that I can try the device. Just for kicks. hahaha. Goodluck on trying out Gingerbread! :)
+++++++++++++++++++
JEXUIQ_05 AINOL ELF
+++++++++++++++++++

#18 Bgrt

Bgrt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

More on my device:
1) All hail androidkun's ECR! Running on 0.8a, smoothsailing ;)
2) Launcher is ADW Launcher Ex set to 8x10, locked to landscape mode
3) Fullres image posted as wallpaper through MultiPicture Live Wallpaper app. ICS cropping sucks.
4) Underclocked always to 300-744Mhz for battery saving purposes
5) Still blazing fast and slick thanks to SuperCharger and Chainfire3D
6) Other stuff you can ask me :)

POST YOURS TOO!:D I LOVE MY AINOL ELF. WILL DEFINITELY BUY ONE WHEN I GIVE MOMMY MINE :((

Update: Posted a new topic on my experience using the Ainol Elf. Please feel free to check it HERE. Hope this helps ;)

I'm sure you would have done it if you knew how but worth asking... On ADW, any idea if the top notification area (area above & including the thin blue line) can be removed ?

#19 jexuiq_05

jexuiq_05

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

I'm sure you would have done it if you knew how but worth asking... On ADW, any idea if the top notification area (area above & including the thin blue line) can be removed ?

Hello there Bgrt. You're right...I would've removed it if I knew how to since its a wast of screen space. However I haven't come across any forums telling me that that top notification area ca be removed. I think ADW is not yet fully optimized for ICS, so the best thing that we can do is wait for an update :P
+++++++++++++++++++
JEXUIQ_05 AINOL ELF
+++++++++++++++++++

#20 1GR3

1GR3

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:35 AM

Very nice!
Have you tried to use Adobe Air build applications?