Android Tablets Forum banner

Faulty Gemei G9

5K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Supy73 
#1 ·
I purchased a gemei g9 from aliexpress a day ago...i did not face the crackling noise or dead pixel problem that were present widely in many black models. But however i am facing a number of other issues about which i am very concerned

- The tab works fine as long as no app is invoked or while playing movies
- Installing some apk packages results in the tab freezing during install or Installation not successful message
- Installed apps do not work properly causing to be abruptly brought back to the menu (no error message)
- Some apps while starting give an 'Unfortunately this app is not working' message
- trying to browse heavy PDFs or CBR files causes the tablet to hang

Not sure if its a firmware issue (4.0.3 stock) or if the device is not meant for heavy processing. Please advice so that i can open a dispute in case if this is an hardware issue

#2 ·
I would suggest trying a different firmware.
Either the CHS one or the STOCK one.

Tasselhof

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks a lot Mr. T.

i have this issue when i connect my tab to my PC, it is not getting recognized. I see it listed as 'Android device' with a yellow exclamation mark. Trying to search for drivers using windows update is also useless here. Am using WIndows 7 32 bit

Any idea where i can get drivers for Gemei g9? Because of this i am not able to sync the installation with Livesuite

Sorry for the trouble as am a noob to tablets. THanks in advance

EDIT: was able to find some generic drivers for A10 devices and now my tab is installed as Android device under device manager.However when i try to update firmware using Livesuite it says No device found for updating. Not sure how to sync up with Livesuite or make Livesuit detect my device.Please help me here

#4 ·
You may need to check your device manager again when in Livesuit mode.
Commonly there are different drivers used in that vs. USB Flash drive mode.

Tasselhof

#5 ·
Thanks again mr.t, i found the issue. I had the tab connected while running Livesuit which caused 2 sets of drivers to be created for USB storage device. Had them both uninstalled, Ran Livesuit alone first and once it installed its drivers, then connected my tab and it worked like a charm

The stability of the tab is better now but still most apps/games dont run. Wat would you recommend as the best FW for gemei g9?

#6 ·
I like the CHS RAM Overclock one which I am running now... but I think I had less app installation issues with the latest Stock one.

Tasselhof

#8 ·
Hello there !

I'm having quite the same troubles! (applications crash a lot, browsing Internet is quite difficult, sometimes the G9 restart and hang on startup) So, it's unusable... I feel so disapointed... Sometimes, i want to teach it how to fly...

I just have a few questions :

- Is your G9 black back (as mine) or a silver one ? Black back seems to be quite different...
- You seems to say that USB drivers for the tab are importants for the "quality" of flashing ? That's it ?!
- Is there testing softwares ? (like memtest for example...)

Thanks !

P.S : I've almost tried ALL the firmwares availables... Now, i'm on Android 2.3.4... Still have troubles... And i can't stand anymore this error message when installing an app !

#10 ·
an3on - http://colonelzap.blogspot.in/2012/01/allwinner-a10-adb-drivers.html

if you have problems with Livesuit recognizing ur tab then u need to do the following

1. Open LS and load the FW
2. Switch of the tablet.
3. Connect the tab to PC using USB while pressing the Volume + button. (This will prevent the tab from powering up)
4. Keep holdin the Vol button and now rapidly press the power button abt 5-10 times..u will hear a beep confirming that LS has recognized ur tab and within seconds u can see a pop up from LS prompting for update

@Live

I have a brownish black back panel. i believe we have a prob with the flash memory on the device as putting some load on the tab causes it to crash. I ve learnt to live with it...Using it now as a portable movie player/comics reader mostly

#13 ·
EKEN firmware seems to be more stable, but still the freezes I get some times are crazy!

As suggested by someone else, there seems to be a problem with I/O of the device. Every time it tries to read/write from data it gets laggy.

I am seriously hoping for a new firmware...

It would be nice if Mr. Tasselhof had a problematic Gemei on his hand so he could test it and maybe fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.