• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#101 miccro

miccro

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hi Ray,

I hope you haven't given up on this as I have the solution to your problem.
Yesterday I had exactly the same problem as you with my tablet. (Zenithink ZT-282 C91 H3 1n)
It is very important that you check you have the same version of the C91 Upgraded tablet. (barcode M3 C91-1n-h3)

But after looking around for info and links I managed to find the right files.

After trying all sorts of different file versions I realized that my best bet would be to flash the tablet back to the factory firmware version. (0316)
Here is the link to the FTP server where I found the files: ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/

Now, you're going to need a microSD card with at least 1GB for the flash procedure. In the root of the card create a folder and name it "zt-update".

Download the following files and paste them inside "zt-update".

First of all download the boot files that are going to reset the tablet with the autoscript:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/boot/20120316/H3/1n_600/

Then download this ROM file which will integrate part of the package:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/boot/20120316/H3/H3_1n_600.rom.tar.bz2

Next, download the firmware files from here:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/firmware/20120316/

Then get the kernel from here:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/kernel/20120316/H3_1n.kernel.tar.bz2

Get the boot screen and update screen from here:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/logo/20120214/

Then download the autoscript which will clean any installed corrupted kernel:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/script/20120214/auto_update_usr_clean_script/

Then download the firmware update from Zenithink website and extract it to your "zt-update" in the microSD.
http://www.zenithink..._0327_V1.16.rar

When you have all these files in the "zt-update" folder in the root of your microSD, you have a working firmware factory reset package.

The procedure I used was the following:
1- eject the card from the computer before disconnecting. This will insure no corruption to the files in the card.
2- with a paper clip reset the tablet and leave it off.
3- insert the microSD card with the files in the "zt-update" into the tablet.
4- turn the tablet on just by pressing the power button. NOTE: press and hold the power button until the system update starts.
it will ask you to press the camera button to confirm the update procedure. Press it as it prompts you to. It should prompt a couple of times.
Once the update starts let it run until the tablet boots up completely and shows you the Setup Wizard.
5- complete the setup wizard and then shutdown your tablet.
6- remove the microSD from the tablet and connect it to your computer. Browse into it and get into the "zt-update" folder and delete the autoscript file.
7- eject the microSD card and remove it from the computer and re-insert it into your tablet.
8- now press and hold the camera button for 5 seconds and while it's pressed, press and hold the power button. while pressing both buttons wait for the message to start flashing the new working firmware and kernel.

Once the flashing process is complete you should run the setup wizard again.

This is the process I used which brought my tablet back to life from a bad Chanante firmware flash.

Let me know how this works for you.
Hope this helps.

Hi hmsr21,

thx for that, it also works perfect with the H3_1a Files

#102 JPG001

JPG001

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

Hi Ray,

I hope you haven't given up on this as I have the solution to your problem.
Yesterday I had exactly the same problem as you with my tablet. (Zenithink ZT-282 C91 H3 1n)
It is very important that you check you have the same version of the C91 Upgraded tablet. (barcode M3 C91-1n-h3)

But after looking around for info and links I managed to find the right files.

After trying all sorts of different file versions I realized that my best bet would be to flash the tablet back to the factory firmware version. (0316)
Here is the link to the FTP server where I found the files: ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/

Now, you're going to need a microSD card with at least 1GB for the flash procedure. In the root of the card create a folder and name it "zt-update".

Download the following files and paste them inside "zt-update".

First of all download the boot files that are going to reset the tablet with the autoscript:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/boot/20120316/H3/1n_600/

Then download this ROM file which will integrate part of the package:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/boot/20120316/H3/H3_1n_600.rom.tar.bz2

Next, download the firmware files from here:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/firmware/20120316/

Then get the kernel from here:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/kernel/20120316/H3_1n.kernel.tar.bz2

Get the boot screen and update screen from here:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/logo/20120214/

Then download the autoscript which will clean any installed corrupted kernel:
ftp://zenithink.cn:10021/pub/dyliao/zt-282/script/20120214/auto_update_usr_clean_script/

Then download the firmware update from Zenithink website and extract it to your "zt-update" in the microSD.

When you have all these files in the "zt-update" folder in the root of your microSD, you have a working firmware factory reset package.

The procedure I used was the following:
1- eject the card from the computer before disconnecting. This will insure no corruption to the files in the card.
2- with a paper clip reset the tablet and leave it off.
3- insert the microSD card with the files in the "zt-update" into the tablet.
4- turn the tablet on just by pressing the power button. NOTE: press and hold the power button until the system update starts.
it will ask you to press the camera button to confirm the update procedure. Press it as it prompts you to. It should prompt a couple of times.
Once the update starts let it run until the tablet boots up completely and shows you the Setup Wizard.
5- complete the setup wizard and then shutdown your tablet.
6- remove the microSD from the tablet and connect it to your computer. Browse into it and get into the "zt-update" folder and delete the autoscript file.
7- eject the microSD card and remove it from the computer and re-insert it into your tablet.
8- now press and hold the camera button for 5 seconds and while it's pressed, press and hold the power button. while pressing both buttons wait for the message to start flashing the new working firmware and kernel.

Once the flashing process is complete you should run the setup wizard again.

This is the process I used which brought my tablet back to life from a bad Chanante firmware flash.

Let me know how this works for you.
Hope this helps.

Hello,

I have a C91 upgrade 1_a.
The touch screen didn't work anymore, although it was still possible to operate with a mouse.
I have done what you said here above, but replacing the files marked 1_n by files marked 1_a which are also on the ftp.
Then I performed steps 1, 2, 3, and 4; at this point, first nothing happened, then I saw a message so fast that I couldn't read it and since then the tablet is dead.
It doesn't react ANYMORE to anything I try to wake it up; no logo, no screen , nothing, dead.
Do you know anything to get back to square one ?
Thank you

JP

#103 bunney10

bunney10

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Well by whole ROM, I just meant having every single file for a complete ROM. When the ZT-280 C91 first came out, the ROM downloads always included all the files, like the following:
media (folder - with version.txt and a Help.pdf)
batt_carge.logo
batt_low.logo
boot.logo
boot_update.logo
command
data.zt280.tar.bz
licence1.ef
media.zt280.tar.bz
system.patch.zt280.tar.bz
system.zt280.tar.bz
ZT280.boot
ZT280.kernel
ZT280.recovery
ZT280.rom
ZT280.spl
All these files should have been in the zt-update folder on the root of the sdcard (formatted FAT32 with no partitions) for a successful and complete ROM flash. Even now, when the nand seems to get corrupted and needs to be wiped with the auto_update_clean_usr_script autoscript, all these files need to be there because the nand gets wiped clean and every one of those files needs to be reflashed to the nand....

The procedure and files should be the same for the ZT282's (except for all the ZT280.* files are ZT282.* files and I can't seem to find any ZT282.boot or ZT282.rom files). I also see atp recently added the same auto_update_usr_clean_script austoscript for the ZT282's on the Zenithink FTP - ftp://zenithink.cn:1...ript/autoscript. Any other file that isn't in the official Zenithink ROM download, you should be able to find on the FTP (except of course those two ZT282.boot and ZT282.rom files)...

Not sure if I answered your question, hopefully someone with a ZT-282 C91 Upgrade can help you out further/fill in anything I missed....

Thanks Omarahum, as you can tell ime very new to this and im sure im making mistakes on what files i need to recover my tablet, i have a 1a h3 unit and at the moment its bricked, im hoping i can get it to work through the help of eople on here

#104 bunney10

bunney10

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

Im hoping that there is a way to reset it back to factory state as it was working fine for 2 weeks

#105 bunney10

bunney10

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

1 don't use wrong autoscript, special ZT280 , ZT282 , ZT283 is different.
2 don't use clean script if you don't know what's it. it maybe clean all your nand include boot code.
3 if you clean boot area, you need make a rescue sdcard, which discript in E98 topic.
4 all boot version can be found in ftp.

315MB becasue you flashed wrong version boot, you need flash 1GB version.
good luck.

Hi how do i make a rescue disc and what do you mean by E98 topic , im very new to this and would like help on fixing my tablet its a 1a H3 tablet c91 upgrade, the tablet just loads the ZT logo then goes blank
Thanks Bunney10

#106 bunney10

bunney10

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

I tried that now, without success though :( Still the same problem with freezing the second time the boot-logo shows..

Edit: I see now that I am able to enter the tablet via adb from the computer even if it is still frozen in boot screen, someone got any ideas on what I can try from there?

Edit2:
I have now tried with a log cat as early as possible to see what might be wrong and stopping the tablet from booting. Here is the log I got.

To me, as an amateur on this, the line that says /system/bin/set_display_mode.sh terminated by exit(0) maybe is involved to the tablet not wanting to get past the boot screen?

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main
I/DEBUG   (   79): debuggerd: Feb  9 2012 19:41:11
D/Memsicd (   91): search aac sensor: MXC622X 
D/Memsicd (   91): aac sensor MXC622X[0] communicate success
I//system/bin/set_display_mode.sh(   73): 1024,1200
D/sslib   (   91): sslib: ss_config file read succeed
D/sslib   (   91): sslib: entering ss_load_module_raw 
D/sslib   (   91): Loading module /system/lib/sslib/inputraw_ss.so
I/logwrapper(   73): /system/bin/set_display_mode.sh terminated by exit(0)
D/sslib   (   91): mod_init of input raw
--------- beginning of /dev/log/system
I/Vold    (   75): Vold 2.1 (the revenge) firing up
I/Netd    (  101): Netd 1.0 starting
D/Vold    (   75): Volume sdcard state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)
D/Vold    (   75): Volume flash state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)
E/Netd    (  101): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  101): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
D/Vold    (   75): Volume flash state changing 0 (No-Media) -> 2 (Pending)
E/NetlinkEvent(   75): NetlinkEvent::FindParam(): Parameter 'NPARTS' not found
D/Vold    (   75): Volume flash state changing 2 (Pending) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)
D/Vold    (   75): Volume flash state changing 1 (Idle-Unmounted) -> 2 (Pending)
E/NetlinkEvent(   75): NetlinkEvent::FindParam(): Parameter 'NPARTS' not found
D/Vold    (   75): Volume flash state changing 2 (Pending) -> 1 (Idle-Unmounted)
I/Netd    (  135): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  135): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  135): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  163): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  163): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  163): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  191): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  191): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  191): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  219): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  219): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  219): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  247): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  247): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  247): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  275): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  275): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  275): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  301): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  301): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  301): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  329): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  329): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  329): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  357): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  357): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  357): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  388): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  388): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  388): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  416): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  416): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  416): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  444): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  444): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  444): Unable to open quota2 logging socket
I/Netd    (  472): Netd 1.0 starting
E/Netd    (  472): Unable to create netlink socket: Protocol not supported
E/Netd    (  472): Unable to open quota2 logging socket

Hi Elskar, i too have exactly the same problem on my new pad, did you manage to get yours working and if so how?
Thanks
Bunney10

#107 rayhertford

rayhertford

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

Hi All

Just a quick update about my tab woes!

The supplier eventually replaced my bricked CT282.

The new unit still didn't play the iplayer, the wireless network strength was dreadful on this unit, just one bar when sitting six feet from the AP.

The screen kept distorting colour, flashing and turning on/off at random, basically it was more of a piece of junk than the first one!

The supplier wouldn’t do anything about this replacement unit, wouldn't reply to phone and email messages, SO, I read on this forum how to open up the case, which I did. I found the cables were all held down with masking tape!!! This had lifted and allowed the cable connections to become loose. One of the main cables to the screen was not aligned correctly, even though it was taped down. So I undid and remade all the connections between all the connectors. I then hot glued all the cable/connectors together and then taped them all down with proper electrical tape.

I then removed the crappy wireless network antenna and replaced it with an antenna from an old Dell Laptop I had to hand. I purchased and fitted to the antenna, a two inch strip of adhesive backed copper foil, which acts as a reflector for the Dell antenna anode.

The tablet now has a full strength wlan signal when sitting within 6 feet of the AP and I can see all my neighbours SSID's which I couldn't see before. The flashing screen issues have gone away and the tablet is now very stable.

I've just installed the latest Zenithink firmware and re-installed the BBC iPlayer App and then loaded the old Adobe 10.2 Flash App, the BBC iPlayer now works, albeit with a bad lip-synch issue on the audio.

So, having had to rip the tablet apart and make some repairs to the terrible build quality and modifications to the wireless LAN hardware, I now have a working Zenithink tab which kind of runs the BBC iPlayer.

I'm hoping that somebody will soon be able to sort out the audio lip synch problems.

#108 omarahum

omarahum

Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter

• Global Moderators
  • 6,459 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Hi how do i make a rescue disc and what do you mean by E98 topic , im very new to this and would like help on fixing my tablet its a 1a H3 tablet c91 upgrade, the tablet just loads the ZT logo then goes blank
Thanks Bunney10

So you tried to use the autoscript (with a complete ROM) and your tablet still doesn't work?
If not, please read through this thread first, and ask any questions you have about using the autoscript, and then try to use it to fix your tablet issues...
I'm still not sure why flashing with the four logo files (and the 0702 ROM files) didn't help you... Did you press the camera button to accept to flash the spl when you were prompted to?

PS - If you do need to use the autoscript with a complete ROM, try using the spl in the 0702 ROM first, not the one on the FTP, since it's the latest for the H3_1a tablets....

zenithinklogosforsignature3.png

Zenithink ZT-180-101 Original 10" Epad (Ruby 1.2 / 576 - B0) (0603 Froyo) - {Bought from FlatComputing July 2010} R.I.P. - May 2013
Zenithink ZT-180-701A 7" Upad (Cameo - E3) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {Sent by Zenithink April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-180-102 10" v2 Zepad (Jade 2.3-Blue - G0) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {Sent by Zenithink April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C91 10" Zepad (H1_2n : 0217 GB
@ 900MHz w/ 2GB Data Partition) - {Sent by Zenithink Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C71 7" Upad (E7_1n : 0217 GB @ 900MHz w/ 1.5GB Data Partition) - {Sent by Zenithink Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-283-C93 10" ZTPad (H6_1f : 0911 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS)
- {Sent by F&LSuperstore Oct. 2012}
Zenithink ZT-283-C97 9.7" ZTPad (I1_2a :
0910 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS) - {Sent by Zenithink Nov. 2012}

SlateDroid ZT-180 WIKI \ Zenithink Website \ Zenithink FTP \ Stock ROMs \ ZT-28* Modified Kernels & RecoveriesM \ Donations Accepted!
If I've helped you or are using an overclocked kernel I've uploaded, and wish to help support my efforts, please consider leaving me a donation. Thank you!
btn_donate_SM.gif ॐ 

Please click on the Like This button for any posts you like or have helped you to show your appreciation...
Also know that all the staff here are volunteers, we don't get paid for our time spent here, so please be patient with us... Thank you!

#109 bunney10

bunney10

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

So you tried to use the autoscript (with a complete ROM) and your tablet still doesn't work?
If not, please read through this thread first, and ask any questions you have about using the autoscript, and then try to use it to fix your tablet issues...
I'm still not sure why flashing with the four logo files (and the 0702 ROM files) didn't help you... Did you press the camera button to accept to flash the spl when you were prompted to?

PS - If you do need to use the autoscript with a complete ROM, try using the spl in the 0702 ROM first, not the one on the FTP, since it's the latest for the H3_1a tablets....

Hi Omarahum
I tried the autoscript with the latest firmware from Zenithink(0702) by pressing the power button only,i then removed the autoscript file and tried to flash again, but i still have the same issue og it saying logo updated
prepare enter mmc update mode
found spl ZT282_H3_1A-500, MATCH
DO BOOT UPDATE?
press the camera key....(which i do)

i then get "image updated"
entering system update
then a blank screen and nothing
just the green led power on light
Hope this is a little more info
Bunney10

#110 bunney10

bunney10

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:58 AM

tried using the spl from the 0702, but still a blank screen after it saying update started??
Thanks Bunney10

#111 omarahum

omarahum

• Global Moderators
  • 6,459 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:20 PM

tried using the spl from the 0702, but still a blank screen after it saying update started??
Thanks Bunney10

Can you try to flash the stock 0327 ROM and see if it boots? Want to rule out the 1GHz kernel as the cause of your problem.....

Zenithink ZT-180-101 Original 10" Epad (Ruby 1.2 / 576 - B0) (0603 Froyo) - {Bought from FlatComputing July 2010} R.I.P. - May 2013
Zenithink ZT-180-701A 7" Upad (Cameo - E3) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {Sent by Zenithink April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-180-102 10" v2 Zepad (Jade 2.3-Blue - G0) (0613/0618 Froyo) - {Sent by Zenithink April 2011}
Zenithink ZT-280-C71 7" Upad (E7_1n : 0217 GB @ 900MHz w/ 1.5GB Data Partition) - {Sent by Zenithink Sept. 2011}
Zenithink ZT-283-C93 10" ZTPad (H6_1f : 0911 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS)
0910 ICS w/ 2GB Data Partition and working (pl2303) USB GPS) - {Sent by Zenithink Nov. 2012}

SlateDroid ZT-180 WIKI \ Zenithink Website \ Zenithink FTP \ Stock ROMs \ ZT-28* Modified Kernels & RecoveriesM \ Donations Accepted!
If I've helped you or are using an overclocked kernel I've uploaded, and wish to help support my efforts, please consider leaving me a donation. Thank you!
btn_donate_SM.gif ॐ 

Please click on the Like This button for any posts you like or have helped you to show your appreciation...
Also know that all the staff here are volunteers, we don't get paid for our time spent here, so please be patient with us... Thank you!

#112 bunney10

bunney10

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

Can you try to flash the stock 0327 ROM and see if it boots? Want to rule out the 1GHz kernel as the cause of your problem.....

Thanks Omarahum,have tried the 0327 rom
but same results only difference is that now it goes into boot mode just by pressing the power on button, and not the power + camera

#113 omarahum

omarahum

• Global Moderators
  • 6,459 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Thanks Omarahum,have tried the 0327 rom
but same results only difference is that now it goes into boot mode just by pressing the power on button, and not the power + camera

Hmmm, that's very strange, are you sure your camera button isn't stuck? You did remove the autoscript file, correct? So everytime you power your tablet on it tries to flash a ROM onto your tablet?

Wish I had any experience with a ZT-282 to help you out more, I'm not sure why your tablet won't boot past the logo screen.... You've already tried flashing with spl and 4 logo files included, you already tried flashing with the autoscript, you already tried flashing the stock 0327 ROM and 0702 ROM.... Maybe you need to contact your vendor and ask for a replacement? Or maybe someone else here can help you further....

The ony other thing I could recommend is opening it up and making sure everything is connected properly, but you may not want to do that if you want to get your tablet replaced by your vendor....

btn_donate_SM.gif ॐ 

#114 Kingsman1

Kingsman1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Had a thought. The other night I changed my boot animation and locked my tablet into a loop that it wasn't able to escape from. I found that by holding down the volume-up button down together with the camera button, then pressing the power button, the tablet was able to enter a "Safe Mode". Maybe you can delete and change the firmware to get control of your tablet back.
Model Number: Ampe A10 Quad Core Freescale i.MX6Q
Baseband version: Unknown
Kernel version: 3.0.35-02345-g411d6f6-dirty
Build number: 13.4rc2 Ver 1.58b
Running under "CityAceE R1.5 Ver. A"

#115 whitt123

whitt123

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:34 AM

I have a C91 upgrade Zt280 Zenithink. Spent a couple of days using it and found numerous things that may help you when trying to power up or flash firmware or are bricked:

-Ensure TF/ micro Sd card is formatted as fat 32.
-If you have issues powering up Device or getting it to enter recovery mode ( camera and on button pressed) then try with TF / Micro sd card removed. I had a bad card and it failed to boot sometimes and would not enter recovery or be recognised by it during firmware update.
-If you have an old firmware the device will not power on during charge. Official Zenithink site has a new download firmware to fix this.
-If you lock device remove TF/ Micro SD card and press reset button
-Ensure you look at barcode on side of device and if installing a firmware use the correct one for your device ( note there is different ZT280 devices now).
-when unzipping firmware ensure you copy all the unzipped files to root directory of TF/ Micro Sd card. The folder will contain extra files like "ZT282.recovery" which is the recovery.
-If you can enter recovery mode then it is almost certain you can recover phone with correct firmware from Zenithink website. It will install the original recovery plus working firmware.
-After a successful firmware flash always power-down and reboot to ensure any settings are saved.

I thought I bricked device after only 2 days use but following above carefully it worked.

#116 bunney10

bunney10

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

Had a thought. The other night I changed my boot animation and locked my tablet into a loop that it wasn't able to escape from. I found that by holding down the volume-up button down together with the camera button, then pressing the power button, the tablet was able to enter a "Safe Mode". Maybe you can delete and change the firmware to get control of your tablet back.

Thanks Kindsman, i will give it a go Im getting desperate now but havent given up hope of finding a way to get it to work, hopefully soon
the message i get is hw testing start-skip recovery, then back to the dreaded blank screen

Edited by bunney10, 29 July 2012 - 05:56 AM.

#117 Mister DownBoy

Mister DownBoy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSan Juan, PR

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hi everybody.
I finally REALLY bricked my ZT 282. I've had it for almost 2 months now. The other day I picked it up and it wouldn't turn on. I let it discharge for 48 hrs, plugged the charger and watched the small red light come on, but it still wouldn't turn on. So I left it charging until the red light came off, tried again (power button), but nothing. Between power presses I would press reset just to make sure it was off. I noticed that inmediately after pressing reset, the overall temperature of the backside very quickly decreased. So I opened it up. Everything looks perfectly fine for me, please feel free to point otherwise, although I did notice a yellow BURN MARK on the white plastic that matches with the CPU. :( I believe my tablet has fried itself. To be honest I did play with the overclocking, and it always ran fine, hot but stable. I did settle on the 300-1GHz kernel and I was using fatfree ICS for 2 weeks perfectly fine. Which brings me to the question, what are users doing with their bricked tablets? right now it looks like I have spare batteries, a perfect touchscreen and replacement buttons plus bezel. :p I'm not kidding... maybe somebody has a broken screen ZT 282 and I just need a mainboard.... ^help*
(pics)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Mister DownBoy, 09 August 2012 - 05:52 PM.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Zenithink ZT 282 C91 Upgrade / M3C91-1a-h3-SA083 / 300MHz -1.0GHz kernel / justinthegeek's fat free ICS Update:7/23/12

#118 DamienB

DamienB

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationEssex, UK

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:23 AM

Hi All

I've just got a brand new CT282 C91 Upgrade pad Model No. M3C91-1A.

The BBC iPlayer and other flash based services wouldn't work. So my son tried adding the Chanante ZT280C91 to Galaxy TAB rom to the unit to try and make it think it was a GT, now the pad is bricked!

If I try and download the official ICS file from Zenithink and perform the upgrade routine by pressing the power & camera button, it all looks as if it has worked fine and upgraded (no errors), but on re-boot the tab just hangs on the Chanante flash screen and does nothing else.

Is there anyway I can re-flash everything on the pad back to factory defaults? I really need to get it up and running again.

I'm not too clued up on this android stuff but I'm sure I'd be able to follow some pretty clear instructions if anyone could provide me with some and where to download the relevant files.

Please, please help me!

Hello,

I have a similar problem with my C91 Upgrade. It was working fine until I updated it with the latest 0702 ROM from the Zenithink website:

http://www.zenithink...ducts_C91_2.php

I now get a 'red battery' picture on the screen and cannot get any further. I've attached a picture and here is a video of what I have now:

I've tried the reset button, reflashing with the older ROM, contacted 'EbellKing' where I bought it from. They suggested re-flashing and after that did not work they have no more ideas.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Damien

Attached Files

#119 omarahum

omarahum

• Global Moderators
  • 6,459 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hello,

I have a similar problem with my C91 Upgrade. It was working fine until I updated it with the latest 0702 ROM from the Zenithink website:

http://www.zenithink...ducts_C91_2.php

I now get a 'red battery' picture on the screen and cannot get any further. I've attached a picture and here is a video of what I have now:

I've tried the reset button, reflashing with the older ROM, contacted 'EbellKing' where I bought it from. They suggested re-flashing and after that did not work they have no more ideas.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Damien

Read the 0702 ROM thread - http://www.slatedroi...post__p__392600

Relash the 0702 ROM, but this time also add the 4 logo files to the zt-update folder....

btn_donate_SM.gif ॐ 

#120 Stack Overflow

Stack Overflow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

@ Mister DownBoy,

it looks in such a way which comes the colour spot fromf the CORTEX A9, would have to be exactly direckt about that.

There he has probably died CORTEX the heat death!

Next question !

Can one stick on a miniature cool body on the CPU which still fits in the case?

Greetings Michael
Zenithink C91 ZT 282 H3 1a 0818 / ICS v. 4.0.3 Os 2.6.34
Fw. v1.16 with omarahum 300-1.2GHz / 2 GB Kernal

Sanei N10 i.MX6Q Quad Core ICS v. 4.0.4

Who the wisdom with spoon has eaten can s*its later wisely !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users