White PDN (SH20 series FW) New Users LOOK HERE

• Please log in to reply
726 replies to this topic

#721 treknician1701

treknician1701

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hello. I went to that link, and read everything that Mark had to say, but I was almost completely lost about it, as I said, I'm not really PDN literate. You have to realise that with stuff like this, you have to walk me thru it, step by step.

I am not really stuck with the bookshelve homepage, I can take it or leave it, so if you have a better program design that will run in my PDN, I'll give it a try. As I had stated previously, I just use this for reading ebooks, no vids, no music, no internet. I have laptops for all the other stuff. And I do have "Calibre" in my computer to convert the files to different venues, like MOBI to PDF.

I don't know why my pages lock up, and I have to turn the power off and then on, just to turn a page on the novel (that trick has always worked for me in the past). I don't know why my "Reset" button is transitory, sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't, and I have to disconnect the battery just to powerdown the PDN! All these problems are a concern to me, but I have found ways around them.

But my main concern is getting an app in there that I can read just about everything with, and I can see all the PDFs with color pictures, etc. or MOBI, LIT, or EPUB files. I never have had a problem with the photos, the music or the internet access, those apps seem to function perfectly, as far as I can tell, I have not used them that much.

Now, if you can point me to somewhere or someone that can assist me with this main problem of mine, that would be great.

I really don't mean to be a pain, and I really do appreciate all the help.

William

#722 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,276 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:05 AM

<snip>
William

I don't like to give advice anymore, because the product has been abandoned by the mfr with a rogue 2012 FW that has caused soft-bricks while downgrading to the 2010/2011 FWs.
And ...
- development has slowed to almost nil.

However ...
- Since you have successfully flashed FW -

I will suggest you download/save the stock SH20 user guide [mirrored in the second post of this thread] after reading the first two posts.
Find a copy of the stock SH20 FW [mirrored in the guides subforum and mentioned in the wiki]
You will need to flash it twice.
Apply the fix-flash and remove internal microSD partition if you don't like it and want to go back to the S10 FW

You can find and download apps by searching the forums and all over the web. "Google is your friend" ;)
YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary - Not even OEM FW is guaranteed "safe" to flash.

Hey! Newbies (n00bs) - Click the blue links ;) - Forum Rules

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." ~James Dean
"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#723 treknician1701

treknician1701

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

Okay, I already downloaded ALL of the s10 software links, and now have downloaded and saved all the SH20 versions, per your suggestion, since there are five listed on this page:

http://www.slatedroi...alling_Firmware

Any specific version that I should be installing into my PDN?

Also, I have no idea what "FLASH" means, other than taking off your clothes. I did not "Flash" my PDN, just installed the S10 upgrade, via my SD card, and following the instructions to the letter.

Since I have no knowledge of how to "flash" my FW (had to look up that "FW" means "firmware"). If you can direct me to somewhere that can explain what flashing is, and how I can do it, to prevent any "Flash loops" from occuring in my PDN.

It would be most helpful.

Thanks. William

#724 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,276 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Okay, I already downloaded ALL of the s10 software links, and now have downloaded and saved all the SH20 versions, per your suggestion, since there are five listed on this page:

http://www.slatedroi...alling_Firmware

Any specific version that I should be installing into my PDN?

Also, I have no idea what "FLASH" means, other than taking off your clothes. I did not "Flash" my PDN, just installed the S10 upgrade, via my SD card, and following the instructions to the letter.

Since I have no knowledge of how to "flash" my FW (had to look up that "FW" means "firmware"). If you can direct me to somewhere that can explain what flashing is, and how I can do it, to prevent any "Flash loops" from occuring in my PDN.

It would be most helpful.

Thanks. William

Pardon me for your ignorance.

My reference to "flash" FW has nothing to do with removing any clothing. It simply means the equivalent as install in this case.

If you want the S10 FW, then install the most stable version S10_11_19_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP
If you want the SH20 FW, then install the most stable version SH20_20110302_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP

The choice is yours what to do with your device.

"Slatedroid: Where all the advice is free, even advice you don't want." ~Mark Adams #113449
"Women are Angels. When someone breaks our wings - we simply continue to fly - on a broomstick. We are flexible like that."

Posted Image ~cheers

#725 treknician1701

treknician1701

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

I am so sorry to have upset you with my stupidity, I will go elsewhere now.

#726 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,276 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

I am so sorry to have upset you with my stupidity, I will go elsewhere now.

You misunderstand. I am not upset and don't mind clarifying.

IMHO: it would be wrong for someone else to choose what FW you use.

Good luck with your Novel.

Posted Image ~cheers

#727 Flavio Salles

Flavio Salles

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

Good afternoon, I need the latest firmware or Andoird latest version of Pandigital model PRD07T10WWH7, I thank all the friends in the community.

Pardon me for your ignorance.

My reference to "flash" FW has nothing to do with removing any clothing. It simply means the equivalent as install in this case.

If you want the S10 FW, then install the most stable version S10_11_19_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP
If you want the SH20 FW, then install the most stable version SH20_20110302_K_PD_INX7E_ENG_6410POP

The choice is yours what to do with your device.

Good afternoon, I need the latest firmware or Andoird latest version of Pandigital model PRD07T10WWH7, I thank all the friends in the community.