• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#41 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:03 AM

Can share the app that measures the battery mAh? TIA.

Battery Monitor Widget
https://play.google....mNjYzcxLmJtdyJd

Take a look @ 4th pic for estimate. App is in English even though that pic shows French. This program measures the mA & mV over time and gives an estimate of battery rating.

Be sure to create a widget to keep it active. Fully charge the battery and then run it down. I have to further check if standby or shutdown is better for getting accurate battery measurement.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#42 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

Another app for testing battery is Antutu tester:
https://play.google....HUudGVzdGVyIl0.

This does not give mAh but a battery score rating. Higher number is better. So, if you use full brightness + WiFi you can rate battery life for each tablet under 100% CPU use scenario. ie, gaming

Edited by Nickos-V, 15 April 2012 - 04:10 AM.

*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#43 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:25 AM

@Roman2025

I don't speak chinese, but it's written here "7hr"... it could mean 7hours of battery life. I know that chinese companies are used to lie in their specs and they have misleading ads, so I'm curious what is the truth. I'm gonna wait for PandaWill to make a video review - they told me, it should be in stock next week.

Posted Image

Edited by trkota, 15 April 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#44 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSpain...under sun

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

Hi, I speak with my supplier today.

First pieces Hyundai arrive stores tomorrow....

Maybe...are chinese.... ;)

Enviado desde mi GT-I9001 usando Tapatalk

#45 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

Who is your supplier?

#46 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Who is your supplier?

It's in shenzhen....

Sorry it's Coke secret....hahaha

No, seriously, tomorrow it's possible this tablet arrive to stores,

There are big expectation on this tablet.....

#47 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

I´m just chatting with PandaWill and they told me, that it will be in stock in two weeks... weird... because on Friday they told me "next week". Different person on chat - different answer.

#48 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

I´m just chatting with PandaWill and they told me, that it will be in stock in two weeks... weird... because on Friday they told me "next week". Different person on chat - different answer.

You say in chat.."I need 20 pieces"...

WOW!! They have stock magical...

HAHAHA

#49 Marcio K

Marcio K

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

After the "Auroragate" from Pandawill I've lost my confidence on them - albeit I've bought an Aurora Elf form them with no trouble soon after the release.

I've liked a lot this Hyundai tablet, except from the 3000 mah battery. And the Aurora II with a dual core A9 is just around the corner...

#50 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

I ordered 8GB Aurora on 16th january and I´m still waiting... And this Hyundai is just alternative for me...
So now I´m not sure what to do. If I should wait for my Aurora, change my order to Hyundai or wait for Aurora II.

Posted Image

Edited by trkota, 16 April 2012 - 08:53 AM.

#51 cramm

cramm

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Doesn´t work...
try this

Maybe the site was actually broken and got fixed in the meanwhile but the reason can also be that the original link posted by percheron1537 was broken, it pointed to
http://http//www.hyundai-digital.cn/

#52 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I ordered 8GB Aurora on 16th january and I´m still waiting... And this Hyundai is just alternative for me...
So now I´m not sure what to do. If I should wait for my Aurora, change my order to Hyundai or wait for Aurora II.

The 8726MX will be a much better chip to have. It will give faster web browsing. Better gaming performance and smoothness. Way better performer!!!

Even better ARM chip maybe RK3066 but that is even further out. Like 4-6 months.

Any tablet with 8726MX will be better and cost about the same. ie, Aurora II goes for $10-15 more. Better to switch to that but just realize you will have to wait another 2 (or 3) months before that tablet comes to market.

If you can't wait that long and don't care about dual core Cortex A9 chip, then switch to Hyundai tab because your Aurora order may get switched to Aurora II. Ainol had stopped building Aurora tablets and only recently made a production run of 4000(?) to send out to retailers. Ainol wants customers to get the Aurora II instead which is a much better tablet.

PS, talk to your seller to get more info on what is going on and then decide what you want to do. If I didn't already have a tablet, I would buy some cheap A10 tablet for $100-110 shipped. Use that until some 8726MX tablet I really like is released. Then order one of those. Sell off my cheap A10 tablet locally and get 70-85% of what I paid for it.

#53 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

@Nickos-V

Thanks for your reply. I think I´m going to change my order to Hyundai, because I need some tablet before summer. I will go for two and a half months abroad and the battery on my 3.5yrs old laptop lasts about 15 minutes. I would really prefer dual-core tablet, but I don´t have much time and I´m a bit angry about all this waiting. I plan to sell this tablet after summer and buy Nexus tablet - in case, that it will cost at most $200.

And about the seller. I ask PandaWill everytime I can for some informations on their live chat... but they have no informations. I read all the news on Slatedroid, Ainol´s official FB page, http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/265-forum-rules/ etc., and sometime I have a feeling, that I am that person who gives informations to PW. That´s not normal, that e.g. Spemall always has some informations and informs their customers on FB page and PandaWill nothing...

Edited by trkota, 16 April 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#54 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

I plan to sell this tablet after summer and buy Nexus tablet - in case, that it will cost at most $200.

And about the seller. I ask PandaWill everytime I can for some informations on their live chat... but they have no informations.

Battery life on your laptop is very bad. You should look for replacement battery on Chinese site like Dealextreme.

Nexus tablet will cost somewhere between $150-200 and come out around early July. So, by Sept/Oct should be able to find and buy one. Demand will probably be high for these tablets and could sell out quick.

PandaWill is likely out of stock of Aurora I from the many orders they shipped out and very likely waiting for Aurora II to fill the rest. They do not know when they will get the Aurora II in stock so they just string you along. But not giving out information to customers is very bad business practice and making you wait from January for an order to get shipped to you is very crazy. ie, find a better seller and buy from them instead.

#55 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Battery life on your laptop is very bad. You should look for replacement battery on Chinese site like Dealextreme.

I plan to buy a powerful desktop. I will have desktop and tablet so I can throw that laptop away.
But it´s a good idea to buy new battery. I'll take a look on DX.

#56 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

@Nickos-V

Thanks for your reply. I think I´m going to change my order to Hyundai, because I need some tablet before summer. I will go for two and a half months abroad and the battery on my 3.5yrs old laptop lasts about 15 minutes. I would really prefer dual-core tablet, but I don´t have much time and I´m a bit angry about all this waiting. I plan to sell this tablet after summer and buy Nexus tablet - in case, that it will cost at most $200.

And about the seller. I ask PandaWill everytime I can for some informations on their live chat... but they have no informations. I read all the news on Slatedroid, Ainol´s official FB page, http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/265-forum-rules/ etc., and sometime I have a feeling, that I am that person who gives informations to PW. That´s not normal, that e.g. Spemall always has some informations and informs their customers on FB page and PandaWill nothing...

Pandawill it's a disaster, this January-February they sells thousands of Aurora tablet and they haven´t any stock.

Very bad business idea...!!!

#57 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Finally I changed my order to Hyundai A7HD. I hope they will ship it soon.

#58 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Finally I changed my order to Hyundai A7HD. I hope they will ship it soon.

Good Choice!!!

#59 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

New video from PandaWill!

Edited by trkota, 16 April 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#60 Buccaneer

Buccaneer

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:12 AM

I don't know about this "Hyundai". Too weak battery. But as i suspected more and more 7' IPS chinese tablets coming out. Ramos W17, and just found this one:
U-Pad F6
I'm not sure about 3G and Bluetooth, they are missing in other place discriptions. And i couldn't find info about GPU in this RK2918. No HDMI (probably GC800 GPU), but battery is marked as 4000mAh. So this is interesting solution. But the good news is chinese market finaly catch the wind of IPS screens and i'm sure there will be many new models. And the price is droping.
Ainol Dual-core models has to realy show some diference to keep on the market with such support, supplies and politic.