Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

:drinks: :drinks:

According to the site links... Hyundai Digital doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Hyundai cars... Not saying it is a bad company, I just don't think it has anything to do with Hyundai the car manufacturer. :)

-Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#22 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

I didn´t find this tablet on that ".asia" site... Maybe that ".cn" version was right, but the server is under maintenance...

#23 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSpain...under sun

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

I didn´t find this tablet on that ".asia" site... Maybe that ".cn" version was right, but the server is under maintenance...

Today I visit this web....please patience....

#24 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

Any store with real stock, please?

TX

#25 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

I reuploaded that video from youku to youtube, but I couldn´t download it all (I don´t know why)

#26 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Comparison:

HYUNDAI A7HD vs. New iPad

Posted Image
Posted Image

HYUNDAI A7HD vs. iPhone 4

Posted Image
Posted Image

HYUNDAI A7HD vs. Kindle Fire

Posted Image
Posted Image

HYUNDAI A7HD vs. Galaxy Tab

Posted Image
Posted Image

HYUNDAI A7HD vs. Galaxy Note

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

I reuploaded that video from youku to youtube, but I couldn´t download it all (I don´t know why)

I watched the video. Tablet looks very good but I heard creaking in the video and was not sure if coming from screen or button pressing. Anyways, worth looking into.

PS, some of these companies probably lie about their battery rating but pain to measure and get true rating. There are programs that give a general estimation so can kinda see what the real truth is. ie, doubt Ainol uses 3800mAh battery. Probably less. Same for some of these other tablets that may say 3400+ mAh battery.

My Wopad i7 has 3650mAh printed on the battery. I used an app to test the battery and it estimates that the "true" mAh is somewhere between 1500-2000. About half what is printed on the tablet's battery.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#28 Du5aN

Du5aN

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

Doesn´t work...
try this

hyundai-digital.asia is NOT the right link and NOT the company that manufacture this tablet.

Below is direct link to tablet specifications:
http://www.hyundai-d...duct.asp?ID=145

#29 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

Comparison:

HYUNDAI A7HD vs. New iPad

Posted Image
Posted Image

HYUNDAI A7HD vs. iPhone 4

Posted Image
Posted Image

HYUNDAI A7HD vs. Kindle Fire

Posted Image
Posted Image

HYUNDAI A7HD vs. Galaxy Tab

Posted Image
Posted Image

HYUNDAI A7HD vs. Galaxy Note

Posted Image
Posted Image

I love this tablet

But, now isn't real stock in suppliers, arrive next week

#30 gbch

gbch

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

I ordered a white one from ********* on 3/31, there was no indication on the site that it was a pre-order, it actually said it would arrive in 6-10 days via DHL. I started sending e-mails asking for order status on 4/9, got a response on 4/11 that it was out of stock but that they'd switch my order to an in-stock black model and send it to me "immediately." As of this morning, I still don't have tracking number and my order is in the same "payment confirmed (processing)" status it's been in since 3/31. It's not like I'd cancel my order; I've considered the Aurora & other ICS 7" tablets but they're all rounded off rectangles. I dunno why, but I just prefer the sharper corners of the A7HD.

#31 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

I ordered a white one from ********* on 3/31, there was no indication on the site that it was a pre-order, it actually said it would arrive in 6-10 days via DHL. I started sending e-mails asking for order status on 4/9, got a response on 4/11 that it was out of stock but that they'd switch my order to an in-stock black model and send it to me "immediately." As of this morning, I still don't have tracking number and my order is in the same "payment confirmed (processing)" status it's been in since 3/31. It's not like I'd cancel my order; I've considered the Aurora & other ICS 7" tablets but they're all rounded off rectangles. I dunno why, but I just prefer the sharper corners of the A7HD.

Typical Chinese retailer B.S...
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#32 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

Typical Chinese retailer B.S...

Yes, always same problems

My supplier says hyundai arrive next wednesday or thusday, maybe

I have a preorder of 20 units ... :good:

I promise photos and one review.....

Edited by percheron1537, 14 April 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#33 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

Two images

Posted Image

Posted Image

link:

IMP3.NET

Edited by percheron1537, 14 April 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#34 trkota

trkota

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

White version looks fine too...

#35 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

White version looks fine too...

Yes, but i like more in black

Any news?

#36 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Yes, but i like more in black

Any news?

Everyone likes black front better!!! =)

White probably best for very hot cities to help repel some of the sunlight and help tablet to stay cooler temp.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#37 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Everyone likes black front better!!! =)

White probably best for very hot cities to help repel some of the sunlight and help tablet to stay cooler temp.

Perfect for Spain!!

Here we have a lot of sun!!

HAHAHA

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

#38 itek

itek

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

I watched the video. Tablet looks very good but I heard creaking in the video and was not sure if coming from screen or button pressing. Anyways, worth looking into.

PS, some of these companies probably lie about their battery rating but pain to measure and get true rating. There are programs that give a general estimation so can kinda see what the real truth is. ie, doubt Ainol uses 3800mAh battery. Probably less. Same for some of these other tablets that may say 3400+ mAh battery.

My Wopad i7 has 3650mAh printed on the battery. I used an app to test the battery and it estimates that the "true" mAh is somewhere between 1500-2000. About half what is printed on the tablet's battery.

Can share the app that measures the battery mAh? TIA.

#39 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

I usually go by what is printed on the battery itself however I also do run-time tests on everything that I sell as that seems to be the only way to actually get an accurate comparison because of the "re-printing" issue that you pointed out above. Blows my mind to what lengths Chinese factories will go through to save $2 per device. It sounds like a lot when you think of the volume you do... but then you think of the credibility they lose too...

Ainol devices (the Elf and Aurora) are 3600 mAh stated size I believe. The Novo 7 Advanced is 4000 mAh, the Ployer Momo 9 is 4200 mAh.

The N7 Advanced and Ployer Momo 9 have really good battery life (5+ hours easy at max brigtness and WiFi on)

The Novo 7 Elf barely gets by with right under/over 5 hours max brightness WiFi on.

The Novo 7 Aurora is probably right around 4 - 4 1/2 Max Brightness, WiFi on. You can bump the brightness down on that to around 90% (which is comparable to the elf screen at max) and probably get close to the 5 hour mark... The IPS screen takes more Juice because the technology (as far as I am aware) requires a brighter backlight to produce the same amount of visible light due to the construction of the screen. This might not be the case with newer IPS technology but then again I have no idea what these manufactures are using.

So. the Hyundai Tab here is at 3000mAh stated... and it is IPS... You are looking at 3 - 3 1/2 hours battery life. That is just too short for me. I love the design of the device, it is gorgeous. I am not sure on build quality but it looks good in the video (aside from the creaking).

I am pushing to get a customized version of the Haipad I7. I was pushing for 4000mAh but have now been told that it is physically impossible because the thing is so thin. However I was told that 3600mAh will work. I can live with that.

Currently all Haipad's are NOT shipping with IPS screens as best as I can tell. IPS is still in major shortage in China. I would be interested to know where Hyundai is getting their screens if these things are actually shipping :). The Upside to the Haipad not shipping with IPS is better battery life, it is cheaper than the Elf and pretty much the same internally, and it is super thin and sexy. I still might just start carrying it anyway even with the TFT-LCD screen as long as the screen is bright.

My 2-Cents,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#40 buca84

buca84

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

The A7HD would be a better choice than the new Ainol Novo7 Aurora?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users