disco 10 superpad III

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cheapo75

cheapo75

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

right well i got given a superpad III by a friend who couldn't get it working.

after a bit of investigation I determined the internal sd card must be corrupt as the pad wouldn't write to it or remember any thing after a reboot....other than that it worked ok.

I took out the internal 4gb micro sd and checked it in my pc ... only reports as 144mb !! and cant be formatted with any software...
so I put in an old 8gb class 4 card i had lying about and loaded tim6a firmware.

ok so now it boots up fine ... wifi connects but the whole system is realy slow / downloading is painfully slow and the camera only works at 640x480 ...the camera was much better on the original rom.

do you think its the old class 4 card holding things up .... if so i'll buy a class 10 card and reload the tim6a or preferably the proper firmware .

i forgot to add the orginal firmware was much faster but i couldn't copy the original sd card as it was corrupt..

which firmware would you recomend for this disco10 tab.

i did how ever run system info pro prior to fitting a new sd card.
the details it gave are
model - Disco 10
Android version - 2.2-20110803
kernel - 2.6.32.9 zjd@dtlinuxserver #34
Build - FRF85B
PSU = 5v
pic of mother board
Posted Image
Posted Image
please what Roms can i try

Edited by cheapo75, 10 April 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#2 cheapo75

cheapo75

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

just quick note to say that over the last year i've pulled this old tab out of its box a few times to play with new firmwares .. tim6 works ok .. Axlien V4 is better though .. funycomb works well also ... but at the moment its back to the original V8 firmware found here offical ibex V8... its always been slow no matter what rom was loaded ... and never had full market/play access despite trying every tip/trick found on the web.. still its easy enough to load the apk files anyway so not realy an issue... it lives now as an angry birds play thing for my daughter.

only thing that differs is that with this tab Axlien V4 + 2mp camera fix or V8 rom are the only ones that give a decent pic on the camera

Edited by cheapo75, 01 January 2013 - 11:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users