• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 drkdeath5000

drkdeath5000

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:53 AM

I'm getting kinda desperate here, if you have an old img file for the ICOO D90W V1 could you please upload and post the link here. The old links are no longer working ... I'm hoping by some more miracle that an older img can restore my device. Pandawill have filed an RMA# so if i cant get it back up and running i'll have to send it back to china but thats a last resort as postage is going to cost me.

#82 sclements

sclements

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:15 AM

I'm getting kinda desperate here, if you have an old img file for the ICOO D90W V1 could you please upload and post the link here. The old links are no longer working ... I'm hoping by some more miracle that an older img can restore my device. Pandawill have filed an RMA# so if i cant get it back up and running i'll have to send it back to china but thats a last resort as postage is going to cost me.

Link here to 1.2 firmware Link

I hopde this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Stuart Clements
Android tablets:
Eken A90 V1
ICOO D90W V1
OEM NOVO 7 Advanced

#83 drkdeath5000

drkdeath5000

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Link here to 1.2 firmware Link

I hopde this helps.

Thanks for taking the time to upload this sclements.

Although it didnt fix my issue i very much appreciate your help.

In the end i managed to get my device back on its feet by flashing the following custom rom / firmware img http://www.mediafire...xkvqz0ac0019sbi Its an old v1.0 release im guessing the very first release which includes something the other roms did not. My guess is something corrupted with my boot section and only the old rom could restore this.

So if anyone ends up with a non booting D90W or any other device for that matter try flashing older roms.

Cheers ;-).

#84 Covousier

Covousier

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hi, does the custom roms for the ICOO D90W, work for ICOO D80W? Both have almost identically specs.

#85 Martin14

Martin14

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Hi all,

I'm a newbie in the tablet world. I just bought an ICOO D90W V1 with Android 4.0.3. I tried to update the firmware to 1.4 but since then, the tablet boots with no issue, but the touch screen is not working anymore. I made sure to install the proper image for V1 since I read that V2 is using a different type of touch screen. I also tried to re-install 4.0.3 (downloaded from ICOO) to no avail (I even tried the image suggested by Drkdeath5000). When the device boots, I have a weird image (which you can see here: Attached File  DSC04419.JPG   232.38KB   17 downloads). I then press the power button once to go in sleep mode, and when I click again, I see the main screen but I can't unlock the device.

My computer is using Windows 7 and I used the last LiveSuit version available (1.9). I also followed LVL instructions at the beginning of this tread. When LiveSuit says it is completed successfully, I disconnect the tablet and let it boot until I get the image I posted here.

The only thing I've done differently at my first try is NOT choose the Format option. After doing so, the tablet was not booting at all.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. And I'm sorry about the not so perfect English.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. I've been stupid enough to not image my tablet before trying to update the firmware... I assume I was trusting this process too much... :(

#86 elinx

elinx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

..... I just bought an ICOO D90W V1 with Android 4.0.3......I made sure to install the proper image for V1 since I read that V2 is using a different type of touch screen. ......

Are your sure your D90W is from the first batch? I ask because you said: "I just bought...."
You can check this by the serialnr. on the backside. Only if the date in it is older than 15 may 2012 (s/n 16G120515A) then you have a V1.

#87 Martin14

Martin14

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

Thanks Elinx for the advice.
In another post from LVL, where we can find the links to the firmwares for the D90W, it says: D90W v2 (s/n 16G120515A) (I've read that somewhere else too). My tablet SN is 16G120315A. So I tought I had the D90W v1. I tried at least 5 different firmwares to no avail. Yesterday night I told myself I had nothing to lose so I tried the v2 version and... Problem solved! Now I have a working tablet which is a bit faster, and power consumption has lowered drastically. One more happy customer! Now, bring Android 4.1 on please! :)

What is weird though is that my father ordered the same tablet at the same time I ordered mine, and he received one with S/N 16G120515A and has Android 4.0.4 by default. On Play Store, he has access to more applications than me. Even now, with the 4.0.4 version installed, I don't have access to more apps. I suppose I will have to tweak the tablet.. One more thing to learn !

Regards,

#88 elinx

elinx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

.... My tablet SN is 16G120315A. So I tought I had the D90W v1.....

...I don't have access to more apps. I suppose I will have to tweak the tablet.. ....

Maybe an old backcase

For more options and Playstore you can try CM9.
You have to install CWM first,but with CWM it is also possible to make a complete backup, before you update.

#89 Martin14

Martin14

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

I will have to search for CWM because I really don't know what it is. Is it an application on Play? (sorry for my ignorance) I will try and search for it on the web.
Thanks!

#90 tekerix

tekerix

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Please Help. I flashed this to my D90W v2 but my screen light start to goes down-come up and vibrate then it goes black. Can anyone help me? I don't have the older version, can anyone upload it for me ? Please help, I have just bought tablet and it ruined :(

#91 japke

japke

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

hi,

I have some issues with d90w. Sometimes it just starts to type by it self.
i have CM9 installed on it now. Is this SW or HW problem?

thx...

#92 tekerix

tekerix

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

Please Help. I flashed this to my D90W v2 but my screen light start to goes down-come up and vibrate then it goes black. Can anyone help me? I don't have the older version, can anyone upload it for me ? Please help, I have just bought tablet and it ruined :(

Does anybody help me ? Please it is important :(

#93 elinx

elinx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

Does anybody help me ? Please it is important :(

Try to flash the firmware again. Maybe something has going wrong.
Before you flash, check if you have the V2 firmware.

Edited by elinx, 31 August 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#94 tekerix

tekerix

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

Try to flash the firmware again. Maybe something has going wrong.
Before you flash, check if you have the V2 firmware.

Yes i flashed it again already. But please if you have the stock rom of v2 can you upload it for me ?

#95 elinx

elinx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

I have one from the first batch.
Icoo has removed 1.2 from the second batch (stock), but I found a mirror you could try.

Please check if you have a second batch D90W (SN: 16G120515A)

Edited by elinx, 01 September 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#96 FromBrazil

FromBrazil

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hi guys! Please, I am having troubles with my Icoo D90w first batch (SN: 16G120315A).

It stops, then restarts,is occuring many times...

My tablet is default yet. Can I go directly to 1.4 firmware or directly to CM9?

If not, what I need to do before install the 1.4 firmware or CM9?

Thank you!

Edited by FromBrazil, 04 September 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#97 grasp

grasp

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Hello and sorry to post here because i can't start a new topic,
i have an uppo8003 or something else (back to china after a touch screen problem and now the back is white), if you want to see it, no prob)
I wan't to install the firmware 1.4 from d90w or cm10 on it but i wan't to make a backup before, and i can't install clockworkmod.
It's impossible to access the recovery, it's start on android and touch screen after.
Could you help me to do this ?
Thanks
Ps sorry for my bad english , i'm french ;)

#98 grasp

grasp

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

Hello, back to this forum, i've found how to install recovery on my uppo po8003, i've made a backup, before flashing with the last icoo firmware for d90w, it's the same "inside".
BIG BIG MISTAKES
no touch screen after flashing the firmware with livesuite
I've put cm10 after by recovery, it's the same thing : no touch screen
try to put the backup by recovery : not possible : bootloader failed to install,

How can i resolve this problem ? please
Thanks in advance
Grasp

ps sorry for my english

Edited by grasp, 19 December 2012 - 02:30 AM.

#99 grasp

grasp

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

I need some help please :(