[NEW] ICOO D90W 1.4 firmware

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#21 Gvox

Gvox

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Maybe if you tell us what's going wrong?

Did you install the driver that came with the Livesuite package?

To get the tablet into flash mode, turn it off, connect USB, hold the Menu (Vol+) key and press the power key a couple of times quickly. Windows should see a new device and you should be able to flash it with Livesuite.

By the way, Sysbay have released a new firmware dated 20120413 here:

http://www.sysbay.com.cn/download.aspx

Thanks, i Will post a tutorial later

#22 Mr Magic

Mr Magic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

So I managed to get CWM working on my Sysbay S-MP99 which is ROM compatible with the D90W.

I used the Ainol Novo7 Advanced CWM from this thread: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1378594

I can reboot into recovery and make a Nandroid backup. Now I'm wondering if it's any use to flash for example the LeoROM dated 19/04. It seems to be based on the D90W firmware version 4.0.3.11 V1.0 which is dated 23/03. However I'm currently running the S-MP99 4.0.3 dated 13/04, which is newer :)

Edited by Mr Magic, 09 May 2012 - 03:17 PM.

#23 themaritimer

themaritimer

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

I got the d90w tablet with current build 20120229.101901

Connected it my Windows XP computer and while its detecting it however the drivers are not installing. The Google OEM ones dont work so I found the LiveSuite link above to get the specific d90w drivers but they are not working either...

Computer Management is showing the device as "Android" with the yellow exclamation, wish a driver came with this thing, the ICOO website is in chinese and their English translation mirror site is broken ...

Can someone please help me find a driver that will work

#24 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

I got the d90w tablet with current build 20120229.101901

Connected it my Windows XP computer and while its detecting it however the drivers are not installing. The Google OEM ones dont work so I found the LiveSuite link above to get the specific d90w drivers but they are not working either...

Computer Management is showing the device as "Android" with the yellow exclamation, wish a driver came with this thing, the ICOO website is in chinese and their English translation mirror site is broken ...

Can someone please help me find a driver that will work

Try the drivers from the google play script from a member called 'ivanz'. They work great for me on windows 7 x64.

#25 garchony

garchony

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

New firmware v1.2 on http://soft.aoicoo.com

#26 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

New firmware v1.2 on http://soft.aoicoo.com

Ah sweet!
Seems that baseband 1.2 is released for all the Allwinner A10 devices :)
I will edit the first post ;)

Edited by LVL, 12 May 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#27 monoculero

monoculero

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hello from Spain.

I'm waiting for a Sysbay tablet (is coming from China now) and searching info about this tablet model I've found all this info. Well, we need that someone upload to a new host (mediafire for example) the files Sysbay with Android 4.0.3 v9 and Icoo D90W 1.2 ... i've tried some times and the speed links are too bad and i never can't download this files correctly.

Please, can someone help me?

PD: apologies for my poor english!

#28 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

My download from ICOO has finished.
I wasn't able to upload it as one file, so you will need winrar to extract both parts to get the whole firmware.
You can find the download links in the first post ;)

Edited by LVL, 12 May 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#29 garchony

garchony

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

Hello from Spain.

I'm waiting for a Sysbay tablet (is coming from China now) and searching info about this tablet model I've found all this info. Well, we need that someone upload to a new host (mediafire for example) the files Sysbay with Android 4.0.3 v9 and Icoo D90W 1.2 ... i've tried some times and the speed links are too bad and i never can't download this files correctly.

Please, can someone help me?

PD: apologies for my poor english!

You must use some download managers (jDownloader or something else) for downloading from Chinese sites, with multiple connections and down speed can be much faster.

#30 monoculero

monoculero

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

You must use some download managers (jDownloader or something else) for downloading from Chinese sites, with multiple connections and down speed can be much faster.

Thanks!! I wil try it again with jDownloader.

#31 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:39 AM

Could anybody report back the differences between the V1.0 and the V1.2?
Faster, better? Any changes? I have seen some increase in the firmware image, so they might have added some stuff to.

#32 zerosignull

zerosignull

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Could anybody report back the differences between the V1.0 and the V1.2?
Faster, better? Any changes? I have seen some increase in the firmware image, so they might have added some stuff to.

iplayer works. Didnt very well in the original ROM. Nothing new notibally added. UK english dictionaries still dont bleeding work.

#33 monoculero

monoculero

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

iplayer works. Didnt very well in the original ROM. Nothing new notibally added. UK english dictionaries still dont bleeding work.

The new version 1.2 has Market and Google Apps updated? Anyone know whats news?

#34 dancooper93

dancooper93

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

How do I know if I successfully updated to V1.2?

#35 itek

itek

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

How do I know if I successfully updated to V1.2?

Goto settings then about tablet as per my screenshot.

Attached Files

#36 Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

Could please someone help me to upgrade to 1.2?
It's my first upgrade, I've started the software, I've choose the file and then how to start the upgrade?
One more thing, I have tried to modify the system/build.props but I can't access this file ... I rooted the device but it's like I can't access the filesystem root

Thanks for any help

#37 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:14 AM

Could please someone help me to upgrade to 1.2?
It's my first upgrade, I've started the software, I've choose the file and then how to start the upgrade?
One more thing, I have tried to modify the system/build.props but I can't access this file ... I rooted the device but it's like I can't access the filesystem root

Thanks for any help

I have updated the first post and added installation instructions ;)

#38 Kaiser Sose

Kaiser Sose

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

I have updated the first post and added installation instructions ;)

Thanks LVL!
However yesterday I did the upgrade translating some chinese page (thanks Google Chrome) ... imho this 1.2 is faster and smoother and didn't notice anything "strage" till now. Only thing I really can't understand is why I can't download a working version of Google Currents (I love currents). Whether I set XOOM or Samsung Play Store keep saying that my device is not compatible :angry:

Byeee

#39 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Thanks LVL!
However yesterday I did the upgrade translating some chinese page (thanks Google Chrome) ... imho this 1.2 is faster and smoother and didn't notice anything "strage" till now. Only thing I really can't understand is why I can't download a working version of Google Currents (I love currents). Whether I set XOOM or Samsung Play Store keep saying that my device is not compatible :angry:

Byeee

You should install the google play script from ivanz. This way you can access more apps from Google Play. Also, google currents is installed when you run the script.
Link: http://www.slatedroi...le-play-script/
I also install the root-script (same link) so I can use some apps that require root.

Edited by LVL, 20 May 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#40 garchony

garchony

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

Does anyone have success with USB OTG and connection of USB flash drives or something else?
I was try with bluetooth adapter and few flash drives and nothing happens.