Android Tablets Forum banner

[Script] Change sdcard and TF-card

88K views 126 replies 61 participants last post by  ellik954 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have finished a script that switches sdcard and TF-card by murphy666's method.
This script will edit file vold.fstab and will transfer installed apps and data to a new place.
It is works fine for any A10 tablets with Android 2.3.4 and 4.0.x (tested).
It is works fine (if it possible) for any device also. I hope
You can use TF-card with FAT and NTFS format. You can change TF-card in during works.
Now You can install a lot of games with cache to one or two, three, four etc 32GB TF-card and change it for different games.

Please note, You will need clear /mnt/extsd manually after reboot your tablet.

Instalation: Just unzip "switch SDvUe.zip" то any folder and run "switch SDvUe.exe"

New universal version ( April 26, 2012) View attachment switch SDvUe.zip
  1. Works for any device with any Android version (if it possible, have not tested for all devices)
  2. More accurate cancel changes for revert to original works (You can restore original works in any case)

Note: If script don't transfer all data from sdcard to TF-card, please copy it manually after reboot in File Manager. Copy all data from /mnt/extsd to /sdcard and reboot a tablet again.

P.S. It is SFX-arhive in the zip-file. You can open it by winrar and test by antivirus programm.
Sorry for my English.

NOVO7 Advanced
Font Screenshot Electronic device Software Multimedia

NOVO7 Aurora
Font Technology Screenshot Multimedia Software
Font Technology Screenshot Darkness Multimedia

Old versions (don't use it):

( April 8, 2012). View attachment change SDv4e.zip
April 8, 2012 version
  1. works for Android 2.3.4 and 4.0.x for any A10 tablets.
  2. More accurate copy all data.
  3. Cancel changes for revert to original works

View attachment change SD.zip Sorry. This version don't move data and apps. Please download next file.
View attachment change SD.zip

Attation: the script don't works for JellyBean (Android 4.1.x) and up.
Cyanogen Mod 10 (CM10) users can try to this.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have finished script for Change sdcard and TF-card by morphy666 metod.
This script will replace file vold.fstab and will transfer installed apps and data to new place.
It is works fine for any A10 tablets with ICS.
You can use TF-card with FAT and NTFS format. You can change TF-card in during works.
Now You can install a lot of games with cash to one or two, three, four etc 32GB TF-card and change it for different games.

Please note, You will need clear /mnt/extsd manually after reboot your tablet.

Instalation: Just unzip "change SD.zip" то any folder and run "change SD.exe"
View attachment 4930
P.S. It is SFX-arhive in the zip-file. You can open it by winrar and test by antivirus programm.
Sorry for my English.
View attachment 4938 View attachment 4939 View attachment 4940
Tempted to try this on my aurora but does my sd card have to be a certain class (like class 10) for it to work well and if i did it can it be reverted back?

Reactions: bismonitor
#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Internal flash has speed approx. as class 4, so You can use any cards class 4 and more for better speed.

You can backup original vold.fstab. Unrar SFX-archive to any folder and replace the file (path system/etc/vold.fstab). Then run "change SD Eng.bat" for revert to original.
You can reflashe firmware without formating also for revert to original.

#20 ·
Quick note about SD-Card Classes. A higher number does not always mean better. A Class 10 will beat a Class 4 in large reads or writes, like viewing or recording video, but a class 4 will outperform a class 10 in small, quick reads and writes. I'm not sure which is better for this particular application, just that some research and trial/error will be needed. Heres an article I found enlightening.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=15269669#post15269669

~JPC

#29 ·
1. Ask the question Android developers

---> hahahhaha
funny...
2. 1 GB storage has internal structure and user can make wrong modification. So 1 GB partition has not access via computer.
---> thanks...look like 1GB stored important data /file for android
3. You need ask the question in xda-developers forum. I don't know.
---> i will search n ask there...or need to wait after use all 1GB partition...as currently i used 50% of the partition

#32 · (Edited by Moderator)
i want to show something maybe this could be helping.
I have xoom with this at the setting.(using team eos latest roms)

you can see the internal storage is one and that is 32 GB

you can see the applicatian storage is 32 gb

you can see the running application use the 1 GB memory- something for android operating system

but for aurora i see 2 internal storage 1GB and the 8 gb.
and the application use the 1 gb to store the apps
that what making aurora cannot install alot of apps.
how can i change this
can i use your scripts?

EDIT: i already tried you script and it just switch the EXTSD with INTSD
nothing happing with the RAM.
try to install alot of apk into aurora and you will see what happen
i hope someone figure it out.(we are already running ICS and we still get not enough memory for application)
what the hell )

#36 ·
Is it possible to modifiy the other partitions too?
So, for example, expand /data aka /dev/block/nande to more than 1G while shrinking the "internal SD" nandi?
or remove the internal sdcard at all to get a full 6GB internal storage?

i sucessfully changed partition sizes of my Ideos X3 but there's no mtd parameter in the boot.img of a Ainol...

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thank's alot for your great script
i use your change SDv4e.zip use 16GB external
for long time and its work really perfect on ICS 4.0.3 feiyu mod 4.0.3 (0329)
now i want to make update to the rom feiyu mod 4.0.3 (0429)
do i need to switch SDvUe before i do the update or its not need?
You do not need switch SDvUe before. You need start it after.
Update to feiyu mod 4.0.3 (0429), boot completely, then start switch SDvUe.

#47 ·
sir,please help me after using yr switch sdvue script my sd card is nt recognizable and whn i again restore it through same script it recognises in my tablet using mass storage bt whn i format it or do anythng in it the effect doesnt take place plss help me restore my sd card plsss and plss reply ssonn thnks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.