Photo

Basic Television as we know it , in 5 years ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 DroidFool2u

DroidFool2u

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPHOENIX AZ

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

http://www.businessw...3/D9TP30BG0.htm
DF

#2 dryster

dryster

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

Yet another video store is downsizing or closing here on the coast and it was very predictable a decade ago that digital media would "kill the video star" and that's what it is doing, I think instead of creating more bandwidth they should look to how they're wasting the pipe they already use. IMO home TV does not need to be piped greater than 720P so all of that BW between 720P and 1080P is a waste (and I know they're talking about quad HD) and again, IMO, I don't consider bigger to be better, especially if your home TV is below 42"

Where will we be in five years time? - that worries me as for good content, someone must be paid. In the realms of XBMC and whatever is next, it seems that a generation of users believe that free is the new frontier, yet, free means no income for the producers of the content, and so the content must suffer. I would say, look forward to more reality TV streamed in glorious HD and look towards premium media that is stamped with the purchaser's digital signature and the advent of the media police!!
Tablets past : Nationite Midnite. Witstech A81E : White Pandigital Novel : Zenithink ZT280 C71 M3-C71-1M : Blackberry Playbook : EV2 NEC Renesas Dual A9 Cortex : Zenithink ZT-180 v2 512mb 4gb : Telechips TCC8902 : Elocity A7+ Tegra : Ainol Novo 7 Tornados : Eken T01A A10 : Ampe A76 A13 : Aishuo A816 S5PV210 : HT SurBox 701 AML8726-M : iPad v1 : Kindle 4th GEN - currently still have the Eken T01A A10 the Kindle and the iPad. Have become a cord cutter over last 12 months, Roku, Apple TV, HTPC with ATSC/QAM and soon to test out the OUYA.