• Please log in to reply
747 replies to this topic

#421 Northtim

Northtim

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 03:45 AM

Hi I just finish to talk with T&R, They said a new firmware arrive , For my Model P90 they said is the last model with IPS generation 2

Looking at the T&R link now, they have some pictures of a new 16gb with "2nd Generation IPS". This seems to have the speaker by the camera on rear but only one speaker slot there, I am sure earlier 16gb models had two speaker slots side by side on the rear?

If that is right then it seems there may be a newer second generation version of the 16gb, and based on the experience of Azouz, people should be very wary about flashing these?

Looks like iTab has the new version though, and his model no shots still show MID970 and 20120313 firmware so not sure my theory works entirely, but there does seems to be a newer version and if mine is that one when Fedex finally get off their arse and deliver it I will be wary about updating firmware if it works OK as is.

DELIVERY - My tip to everyone is pay the extra few dollars and go with DHL. iTab ordered his after me and it arrived earlier via DHL, they seem to speed it on the next leg as soon as it arrives anywhere. My Fedex shipment has sat unmoved for at least 24 hours on every leg of the journey. On order site both say delivery 2-7 days, but DHL seem to aim for as fast as possible and Fedex aim for 7 days. Not impressed and other peoples experience seems to be Fedex will come up with a higher Customs/Admin fee which will more than wipe out the initial shipping cost saving. I won't be using Fedex again ever - very unimpressed <_<

Edited by Northtim, 06 May 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#422 azouz

azouz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:51 AM

Hi I resolve my problems with this firmware http://www.sendspace.com/file/ynghmx ;;;but he's in chinese How to put on french?

#423 azouz

azouz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:54 AM

I found ....Yes

#424 azouz

azouz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

Azouz, I have also the A90 Advanced, also P90 version, and exactly the same problem than you.

Have you solved? Can you give me the link to the correct firmware version? ( the one that you have post is crashed or I can't open)

In the left bottom corner of the screen you see Safe mode? Is in my screen...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ynghmx

#425 Northtim

Northtim

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

Hi I resolve my problems with this firmware http://www.sendspace.com/file/ynghmx ;;;but he's in chinese How to put on french?

Is that the firmware T&R sent you? It does look like it may be a newer version 0428?

Can you post a screenshot of the system details - model number, build number etc, after you have put that update on and got everything working?

#426 azouz

azouz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:30 AM

yes this FW send by T&R, everything working

#427 azouz

azouz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

My screen

Attached Files

#428 planet

planet

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

If you download "system info" or "hardware info" from google play, can you share your model and screen resolution?

#429 Ben Harris

Ben Harris

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

Mine arrived on Friday and reports itself to be a MID970. It's got a single speaker slot on the back next to the camera. The firmware preloaded is dated 20120330. Everything seems to be working fine, although I notice that there is a later firmware available for the A90 on Eken's FTP site. Has anyone tried this with version yet and can report if it's worth upgrading to?

#430 azouz

azouz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

If you download "system info" or "hardware info" from google play, can you share your model and screen resolution?

Model: jyl P90
Screen resolution: 1024x720

Edited by azouz, 06 May 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#431 azouz

azouz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

Processor: ARMv7 Processor rev 2 ( v7l )
Battery: Voltage 3848mV

#432 Joosth

Joosth

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Model: jyl P90
Screen resolution: 1024x720

Does it look like this?
http://www.haipad.in...-tablet-review/
Like this
http://detail.zol.co...4_p322406.shtml

Or does it look exactly like the pictures of 16Gb model from T&R ?
Hearing your experience, it seems like it is another model than the one sold by T&R.

Edited by Joosth, 06 May 2012 - 01:17 PM.

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced / Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II / Ainol Novo 7 Elf / Ainol Novo 7 Elf II / Ainol Novo 7 Aurora I / Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II / Ainol Novo 7 Fire / Ployer Momo 9 Enhanced / Onda Vi40 Elite / OEM Eken A90 Advanced / OEM Visture V3

#433 Faythur

Faythur

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

A quick roundup of my experience so far...

Ordered A90 'advanced' 16Gb from T&R late on 28th April. Many thanks to Sam-the-Man for the $10 discount code in post#256 on page 13. :good:
Shipped 2nd May [to UK]
Picked it up myself on 4th May after paying £7.49 to DHL online - otherwise they would only be delivering Tuesday because of weekend/bank holiday, and I couldn't wait that long! :D
The package had been marked as an EReader with a $50 value and declared as a Gift only with no commercial value [I had contacted T&R prior to ordering to ask them]

Boxed marked 'Cortex' as per other pics posted here, but absolutely no branding anywhere on tablet itself - OEM also shows as 'unknown' MID970 in Play Google.
Firmware 30th March and everything seems to be working well, though wifi sensitivity not as good as other wireless items used here at home.
I don't intend to update the firmware to any other version at the moment.

VERY pleased with solid build quality and has the metal casing OK.
You need to remove both the protection sticker on the rear and the screen protector 'mask' [sticker says so anyway] on the front as it comes preinstalled, with another spare in the box.
A bit miffed that my 'manual' is tiny and all in Chinese! with the odd pic. I will be asking T&R for an english version.

First 3 charges should be 8 hours minimum [I've done mine with it turned off] and charger comes with an extra plugin UK 'travel' adapter.
To condition battery, first 3 cycles should be fully discharged - I'm just on the second one so far.
Up time just under 9 hours today so far and still showing 46% capacity - wi-fi has been on continously with various folks having a 'go' with all sorts of activity.

Screen shows as 1024 X 720 in that System Info app.

HDMI port does work OK after I removed about 2mm of the plastic shroud from the plug - Many thanks for the headsup on this one Joosth :good: [also for your instructions on how to read the tablet's card contents on a PC - which had me flumoxed for a while]

My sincere thanks to you for giving me the courage to order from T&R in China as previously I was going to buy a [lesser specced] model from Futeko in the UK, which would have cost me more to boot!
Your first very informative post in this thread swung me :clapping:

#434 azouz

azouz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Does it look like this?
http://www.haipad.in...-tablet-review/
Like this
http://detail.zol.co...4_p322406.shtml

Or does it look exactly like the pictures of 16Gb model from T&R ?
Hearing your experience, it seems like it is another model than the one sold by T&R.

It look exactely like 16g model rom T&R just box packaging different with one more speaker near the camera behind

Edited by azouz, 06 May 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#435 planet

planet

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

It look exactely like 16g model rom T&R just box packaging different with one more speaker near the camera behind

So yours has 2 speaker slots on the backplate?

My has 1 speaker slot on the backplate, don't know where is the supposedly other stereo speaker slot - is it by the side?

#436 azouz

azouz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

So yours has 2 speaker slots on the backplate?

My has 1 speaker slot on the backplate, don't know where is the supposedly other stereo speaker slot - is it by the side?

Sorry i've One speaker on the blackplate like you

#437 Bonesy

Bonesy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:35 AM

A quick roundup of my experience so far...

Ordered A90 'advanced' 16Gb from T&R late on 28th April. Many thanks to Sam-the-Man for the $10 discount code in post#256 on page 13. :good:
Shipped 2nd May [to UK]
Picked it up myself on 4th May after paying £7.49 to DHL online - otherwise they would only be delivering Tuesday because of weekend/bank holiday, and I couldn't wait that long! :D
The package had been marked as an EReader with a $50 value and declared as a Gift only with no commercial value [I had contacted T&R prior to ordering to ask them]

same here. ordered same date, same supplier, same code, same customs charge.

It took 3 days to get to Swindon via heathrow and Germany from Hong Kong.
However, it will take 4 days to get from swindon dhl depot to my house 2 miles away.

Wouldn't have expected anything else..

#438 r0ckm@n

r0ckm@n

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

which is better eken a90 advance 8gb or 16gb.
which of these are compatible with most of the custom rom.

#439 rideabout

rideabout

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Just want to say thank you, Azouz! I downloaded and installed the firmware from the link you provided, and my tablet is back in working order. Wi-fi, screen rotation, and camera are now working correctly. USB OTG is also working on this ROM for both external storage (32 GB Kingston DataTraveler) as well as peripherals (I tried the following, all worked perfectly: wired mouse, MS Arc Touch wireless mouse, Dell USB Keyboard) The Dell keyboard is also a usb hub, so I plugged the Arc mouse's receiver into the keyboard, and both the keyboard and mouse worked at once. Very cool to have the option of that functionality, at least. This ROM does appear to be updated from the ROM it shipped with the tablet. It's dated April 25, 2012, and it's noticeably smoother than the ROM that came installed.

The tablet show this info:
-Model: P90 (interestingly, it was coming up as a MID970 on other ROMS)
-Resolution: 1024x720, Density: 160 dpi
-Board: crane
-Brand: jyl
-Device: mw07

This is the 16 GB 'Advanced' model from True and Resolute Technology with the 3-hole speaker near the ports, and a single speaker on the back near the camera. So it appears that there are a couple different variants of the Eken A90 Advanced 16GB that True and Resolute is selling. None of the other ROMS that Joosth and several others are reporting work properly on the tabs they got from T&R (like Christian Troy's pwn3d) worked properly on mine. Do we know what exactly is the difference between them?

Thanks to everyone that is contributing to this thread, posting links to alternate ROMs, etc.

#440 azouz

azouz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just want to say thank you, Azouz! I downloaded and installed the firmware from the link you provided, and my tablet is back in working order. Wi-fi, screen rotation, and camera are now working correctly. USB OTG is also working on this ROM for both external storage (32 GB Kingston DataTraveler) as well as peripherals (I tried the following, all worked perfectly: wired mouse, MS Arc Touch wireless mouse, Dell USB Keyboard) The Dell keyboard is also a usb hub, so I plugged the Arc mouse's receiver into the keyboard, and both the keyboard and mouse worked at once. Very cool to have the option of that functionality, at least. This ROM does appear to be updated from the ROM it shipped with the tablet. It's dated April 25, 2012, and it's noticeably smoother than the ROM that came installed.

The tablet show this info:
-Model: P90 (interestingly, it was coming up as a MID970 on other ROMS)
-Resolution: 1024x720, Density: 160 dpi
-Board: crane
-Brand: jyl
-Device: mw07

This is the 16 GB 'Advanced' model from True and Resolute Technology with the 3-hole speaker near the ports, and a single speaker on the back near the camera. So it appears that there are a couple different variants of the Eken A90 Advanced 16GB that True and Resolute is selling. None of the other ROMS that Joosth and several others are reporting work properly on the tabs they got from T&R (like Christian Troy's pwn3d) worked properly on mine. Do we know what exactly is the difference between them?

Thanks to everyone that is contributing to this thread, posting links to alternate ROMs, etc.

You're Welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users