Features

* usb bluetooth support
* full market access
* wifi location working
* zipaligned
* superuser
* build.prop tweaks
* more to come

You need CWM to flash updates, and you have two ways to achieve that.

The first one is flashing this rom using livesuite. This is version 1.0.1_1 which includes CWM recovery from xda's member _fun (I've just compiled it changing kernel, key mappings and .android_secure location).
With this version you may have a not working touchscreen if your tablet uses FT5X controller instead of Goodix; this can be fixed flashing any version >=1.2 through cwm

If you feel "brave" and are already on an ICS based rom you can just flash CWM image to nandg device.
Download this file, unzip it and push recovery.img file to /sdcard.
Then you have to execute this command, with root priviledges, on "Terminal Emulator" or "adb shell":

cat /sdcard/recovery.img > /dev/block/nandg
sync; sync; sync
Now CWM is installed on your device.

There is one more way to get CWM. You can use this versione of SausageScript (a big thank to fatesausage)

Instructions

* Upload flashable zip to MicroSD or internal storage.
* Boot into CWM keeping pressed VOL- (MENU) and POWER for 3 secs, than release POWER and after another sec release VOL-.
* Optional: do a nandroid backup
* Wipe data / Factory reset
* Flash zip
* Reboot

Changelog
* V 1.4
- built from allwinner's sources (baseband 1.2)
- usb bluetooth dongle support: btusb and ath3k (I haven't tested it because my dongle uses btusb kernel module, testers needed). Google and see if your dongle is supported by one of these drivers
- added some kernel modules: xpad (for x360 gamepads), pl2303 (for usb gps receivers) and tun (for openvpn)
- replaced wifi kernel module with one built by me and without some power save functions (let's see if throughput and reception improves)
- hide ics status bar; read this thread to learn how to use it: link
- compatibility zip for visture v3 and clones
- compatibility zip for teclast a10t and clones

* V 1.3
- baseband 1.1 (Eken A90 20120330)
- added this patched styles.xml (to apply "holo" theme to non-holo apps) in framework-res.apk
- oc-daemon now defaults at 1200mhz (any frequency in the range 1008000-1200000 will set the cpu clock at 1.2ghz, it's stable to me, but if you wanna you can set maximum clock speed at 960mhz flashing this zip)
- added more .xml into /system/etc/permissions to allow more apps installation (added NFC, gyroscope, light sensor, compass and barometer)
- visture v3 users should flash this compatibility zip (which changes key-bindings and g-sensor drivers)
- if you prefer the older physical buttons management (only volume up/down for the volume rocket, not the double function home/vol- + menu/vol+) flash this zip
- Additional modules: tun.ko (for openvpn), xpad.ko (for x360 usb gamepad), btusb.ko (bluetooth usb dongle). Link

* V 1.2
- baseband 1.0 (MOMO11 bird firmware 20120317)
- added virtuous oc-daemon, you don't need setcpu anymore; it defaults to 600-960 mhz "fantasy" awake and 60-600 "fantasy" sleep, btw you can edit files in /system/etc/virtuous_oc to fit your taste (note: I had to clock it at 960 mhz because every frequency above that will set "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq" at 1200 mhz, this happens only with this new kernel, I don't know if it's the way it's meant to be or if it's a mistake... but if you set scaling_max_freq to, for example, 1008000, and look at "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state" it seems like 1008000 is in use, because 1200000 stays at zero... I really don't know what's goin' on, if it's running really at 1200000 or 1008000, if you wanna try you can change the frequency in "/system/etc/virtuous_oc/wake_max_freq", I did it but I've prefered using a safe frequency for the regular release)
- if your usb 3g dongle is not recognized try to flash this zip from cwm (it will be included in next releases, so it's needed only in v1.2)
- if you want to connect to ad-hoc networks flash this zip, it will work for both ap and ad-hoc.
- fix for dictionary spell-checking

Screeshots and video

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Christian Troy, 16 July 2012 - 10:37 AM.

• oscar mateos and sumsel like this

If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a donation you can follow this link. Thank you very much.

* Actions ATM7029 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3)
* Allwinner A31 - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Amlogic 8726-MX - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Allwinner A10 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP

tmF4C.png

#2 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:04 AM

link not working?

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+
Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"

JXD S7800B

#3 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,709 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

damn it disappeared from dropbox °_°
i'm reuploading it... it should take ~1 hour

edit: done, I've added a note for the cpu frequency... reupload took a bit longer because I had noticed that behaviour ;)

Edited by Christian Troy, 29 March 2012 - 09:36 AM.

If you appreciate my work and would like to support me with a donation you can follow this link. Thank you very much.

* Actions ATM7029 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3)
* Allwinner A31 - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)
* Amlogic 8726-MX - OmniRom 4.4 - CM11 - CM10.2 - CM10.1 - CM10 - CM9 - AOKP (4.3) - AOKP (4.2) - ParanoidAndroid (4.3) - ParanoidAndroid (4.2)

tmF4C.png

#4 cybernoelie

cybernoelie

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

My first post :D

I ordered the JXD S9000 through AliExpress. Lots of problems from the get go.

Finally got my hands on it yesterday - very disappointed :(

I've trawled through dozens of web pages including the ones here and can't seem to get this resolved.

My device is not recognized by Windows 7 (x64) no matter what.

I tried Livesuit etc., tried all kinds of stuff.

I managed to get my previous Titanium Backup folder into the internal storage and have Superuser and terminal installed.

I did the whole cat /sdcard/ thing as described - I got no errors (no messages at all).

No matter what combination of buttons and presses I use I cannot get the tablet into anything other than Android.

I've had to use the reset button numerous times to get back into android after trying the various button combos and presses.

Can anyone help me?

:help:

#5 Kazacy

Kazacy

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

Downloading now; i will try when i arrive home.

Thank You.

#6 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Okay, so far this is the best yet. The stock launcher seems to be quicker and smoother than it was on any other rom. Web browsing, using Dolphin and opera, is way better. Pages fully load up, in a fairly short time-so all images are there, at least what I've tried so far, and flash videos open no problem in the browser. Games seem to be running okay at the slower cpu speed. Netflix, which used to take 15-20 seconds to synch up, now does so almost instantly. The youtube app used to load , but with certain video spots blank, that would then slowly fill in. Now, it opens quickly, and you can flick from one end to the other, every video is loaded. it may be my imagination, but the sound when playing music seems louder, also. Will see how the battery does, and hopefully no touch issues or flickers will show up to spoil the party. For now, it looks really nice. Thanks, Christian :clapping:

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

JXD S7800B

#7 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,709 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

I agree... Ployer has some great software engineer... This afternoon I've used this tablet instead of the Transformer and I was really pleased... it's smooth as butter, wifi seems faster and pages load very fast (I use "ics browser plus")...
Let's hope that those guys will release more juicy firmwares ;)

tmF4C.png

#8 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

I agree... Ployer has some great software engineer... This afternoon I've used this tablet instead of the Transformer and I was really pleased... it's smooth as butter, wifi seems faster and pages load very fast (I use "ics browser plus")...

Beansoft makes some good software, I always use Thumb keyboard. Have to give the ICS browser + a try.

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

JXD S7800B

#9 iqram

iqram

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

hello ppl

need urgent help

I've managed to get the tablet to go into CWM but now am stuck

the volume + button isn't doing anything and the volume minus button simply toggles between the menu and a picture of the android doll with its chest open

what can I do????

Pls help

#10 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:45 PM

hello ppl

need urgent help

I've managed to get the tablet to go into CWM but now am stuck

the volume + button isn't doing anything and the volume minus button simply toggles between the menu and a picture of the android doll with its chest open

what can I do????

Pls help

Sounds like your buttons got switched around. Try the back button, and the power to see what they do.

Sent from my JXD S9000 using tapatalk

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

JXD S7800B

#11 iqram

iqram

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Sounds like your buttons got switched around. Try the back button, and the power to see what they do.

none of the other buttons do anything

luckily held power button down and it rebooted

is their anyway I can upgrade using livesuite?

#12 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

none of the other buttons do anything

luckily held power button down and it rebooted

is their anyway I can upgrade using livesuite?

Sounds like your recovery got messed up somehow. It would probably need a livesuit flash with the 1.0.1 rom with cwm,then try again :(

Edited by will567, 29 March 2012 - 05:48 PM.

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

JXD S7800B

#13 iqram

iqram

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Sounds like your recovery got messed up somehow. It would probably need a livesuit flash with the 1.0.1 rom with cwm,then try again :(

:-( will try tht tomorrow

so annoyed seems like 1.2 is perfect rom

#14 will567

will567

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • LocationNJ USA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

My first post :D

I ordered the JXD S9000 through AliExpress. Lots of problems from the get go.

Finally got my hands on it yesterday - very disappointed :(

I've trawled through dozens of web pages including the ones here and can't seem to get this resolved.

My device is not recognized by Windows 7 (x64) no matter what.

I tried Livesuit etc., tried all kinds of stuff.

I managed to get my previous Titanium Backup folder into the internal storage and have Superuser and terminal installed.

I did the whole cat /sdcard/ thing as described - I got no errors (no messages at all).

No matter what combination of buttons and presses I use I cannot get the tablet into anything other than Android.

I've had to use the reset button numerous times to get back into android after trying the various button combos and presses.

Can anyone help me?

:help:

Livesuit can be tricky to get to synch, it took me a number of tries to get it right. Also,you should have some recovery, so either you have cwm or stock. Either way,you should see the tablet try to update, or go into cwm. Keep trying!

• cybernoelie likes this

ASUS Vivotab Smart
Barnes & Nobles Nook HD+

JXD S7800B

#15 ShTrAuS

ShTrAuS

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

You did a good job! My first impressions are very positive. thank you

#16 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,709 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

@iqram
what tablet do you have? because if it has a different key mapping there would be other different things... can you give me the results of "getevent -p" from your current ics rom? (you can do it through adb shell or terminal emulator)

@ShTrAuS
thanks ;)

tmF4C.png

#17 ColonelZap

ColonelZap

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

Is this based on this firmware?

2012_03_17 Firmware

If so, does anyone know what's new in the March 17th firmware? Thanks :-)

#18 iqram

iqram

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:31 AM

@iqram
what tablet do you have? because if it has a different key mapping there would be other different things... can you give me the results of "getevent -p" from your current ics rom? (you can do it through adb shell or terminal emulator)

@ShTrAuS
thanks ;)

Sorry Christian am a total newbie. never used adb shell or terminal emulator. what do I need to do

#19 cybernoelie

cybernoelie

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

Livesuit can be tricky to get to synch, it took me a number of tries to get it right. Also,you should have some recovery, so either you have cwm or stock. Either way,you should see the tablet try to update, or go into cwm. Keep trying!

Thanks for the reply.

I left a negative review on the reseller's AliExpress site and they've contacted me offering me a refund or replacement.

I've tried my best to flash the JXD but something seems to be off with it. :(

My tablet reports this:

Model number: MB9701
Android version: 4.0.3
Baseband version: 1.0
Kernel version: 3.0.8+ mhc@Ingen-cross#115
Build number: crane_evb-eng 4.0.3 IML74K 20120315 test-keys

As I was typing this the guy from the online store replied to me and gave me a link to choose a replacement.

:drinks:

#20 Christian Troy

Christian Troy

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,709 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:01 AM

@colonel
It is based on allwinner 1.0 instead of 0.9 and it's smoother and generally faster... something has changed because i had to flash bootloader (nanda) too or something like touchscreen wouldn't work.

@iqram
download terminal emulator and type those commands

tmF4C.png