* usb bluetooth support
* full market access
* wifi location working
* build.prop tweaks
* more to come
You need CWM to flash updates, and you have two ways to achieve that.
The first one is flashing this rom using livesuite. This is version 1.0.1_1 which includes CWM recovery from xda's member _fun (I've just compiled it changing kernel, key mappings and .android_secure location).
With this version you may have a not working touchscreen if your tablet uses FT5X controller instead of Goodix; this can be fixed flashing any version >=1.2 through cwm
If you feel "brave" and are already on an ICS based rom you can just flash CWM image to nandg device.
Download this file, unzip it and push recovery.img file to /sdcard.
Then you have to execute this command, with root priviledges, on "Terminal Emulator" or "adb shell":
cat /sdcard/recovery.img > /dev/block/nandg sync; sync; syncNow CWM is installed on your device.
There is one more way to get CWM. You can use http://www.mediafire.com/?9po3xs4kmb9q41r versione of SausageScript (a big thank to fatesausage)
* Upload flashable zip to MicroSD or internal storage.
* Boot into CWM keeping pressed VOL- (MENU) and POWER for 3 secs, than release POWER and after another sec release VOL-.
* Optional: do a nandroid backup
* Wipe data / Factory reset
* Flash zip
- built from allwinner's sources (baseband 1.2)
- usb bluetooth dongle support: btusb and ath3k (I haven't tested it because my dongle uses btusb kernel module, testers needed). Google and see if your dongle is supported by one of these drivers
- added some kernel modules: xpad (for x360 gamepads), pl2303 (for usb gps receivers) and tun (for openvpn)
- replaced wifi kernel module with one built by me and without some power save functions (let's see if throughput and reception improves)
- hide ics status bar; read this thread to learn how to use it: http://www.mediafire.com/?pd6qnpmjetj5wh9
- http://www.mediafire.com/?47nscwvjxvcmvzr for visture v3 and clones
- http://www.mediafire.com/?isfj39xvgf1f5od for teclast a10t and clones
- baseband 1.1 (Eken A90 20120330)
- added this patched styles.xml (to apply "holo" theme to non-holo apps) in framework-res.apk
- oc-daemon now defaults at 1200mhz (any frequency in the range 1008000-1200000 will set the cpu clock at 1.2ghz, it's stable to me, but if you wanna you can set maximum clock speed at 960mhz flashing http://www.mediafire.com/?1g9p2ac8oc56hja zip)
- added more .xml into /system/etc/permissions to allow more apps installation (added NFC, gyroscope, light sensor, compass and barometer)
- visture v3 users should flash http://www.mediafire.com/?1yoee41iuf3o4ff compatibility zip (which changes key-bindings and g-sensor drivers)
- if you prefer the older physical buttons management (only volume up/down for the volume rocket, not the double function home/vol- + menu/vol+) flash http://www.mediafire.com/?bprafrg67pcnw5p zip
- Additional modules: tun.ko (for openvpn), xpad.ko (for x360 usb gamepad), btusb.ko (bluetooth usb dongle). http://www.mediafire.com/?xsonaz17vr47wxo
- baseband 1.0 (MOMO11 bird firmware 20120317)
- added virtuous oc-daemon, you don't need setcpu anymore; it defaults to 600-960 mhz "fantasy" awake and 60-600 "fantasy" sleep, btw you can edit files in /system/etc/virtuous_oc to fit your taste (note: I had to clock it at 960 mhz because every frequency above that will set "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq" at 1200 mhz, this happens only with this new kernel, I don't know if it's the way it's meant to be or if it's a mistake... but if you set scaling_max_freq to, for example, 1008000, and look at "/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state" it seems like 1008000 is in use, because 1200000 stays at zero... I really don't know what's goin' on, if it's running really at 1200000 or 1008000, if you wanna try you can change the frequency in "/system/etc/virtuous_oc/wake_max_freq", I did it but I've prefered using a safe frequency for the regular release)
- if your usb 3g dongle is not recognized try to flash http://www.mediafire.com/?rn7a079pfthnfs6 zip from cwm (it will be included in next releases, so it's needed only in v1.2)
- if you want to connect to ad-hoc networks flash http://www.mediafire.com/?3477kr4wtdabl74 zip, it will work for both ap and ad-hoc.
- http://www.mediafire.com/?ppomd1r6v56e474 for dictionary spell-checking
Screeshots and video
Edited by Christian Troy, 16 July 2012 - 10:37 AM.