• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DLung

DLung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:04 PM

I didn't see any suggestions for getting Flash working on SztupY's excellent 4.03 ROM, so I thought I'd post how I finally got it working on my P76ti this weekend. Root is required.

Installing Adobe Flashplayer

1) - Download & install the latest Adobe Flashplayer from Market or Google Play
2) - Set up using the Adobe web page will hang in the browser when you click on the Flashplayer icon. Don't worry.
3) - Download & install Root Explorer if you don't already have it.
4) - Using Root Explorer, navigate to "/data/app" and copy "com.adobe.flashplayer.apk" (long press on the file name to get the edit menu)
5) - Without leaving Root Explorer, navigate up to the "/" directory then to "/system/app" and after selecting "Mount R/W", paste the apk file you copied into this directory.

Enable Stagefright
This requires modifying the build.prop file. Note that if you use SztupY's Allwinner app it may overwrite the modified file unless you modify the build.prop file in the Allwinner app.

1) - Navigate to "/system" and rename your "build.prop" file to something like "build.prop.old". It may also be a good idea to copy it to another directory or the SD card.
2) - Download the attached "build.prop.txt" file Attached File  build.prop.txt   2.04KB   51 downloads, copy it to the "/system" directory and rename it to "build.prop" OR add the lines below to your existing build.prop file.
3) - Restart the Teclast P76ti and visit http://adobe.com/flash to verify it works.

Here are the lines I added to my build.prop file. If you want to try this technique on a tablet other than the P76ti with SzytupY's ROM, add these lines to your existing build.prop file instead of using my build.prop file.

dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
video.accelerate.hw=1
media.stagefright.enable-meta=true
media.stagefright.enable-scan=true
media.stagefright.enable-http=true
media.stagefright.enable-player=true

As always, a backup is recommended in case something goes wrong.

Flash worked with the stock Android browser, Dolphin HD, and Opera but did not work in Firefox Beta. Be patient -- Flash videos can take a while to load. I am now able to access some radio stations on Tunein that wouldn't play without Flash. I have not tested it on games.

I'm not sure all of these steps are necessary. Copying the Flashplayer APK to system/app may not be necessary. I'll update this posting after I've had a chance to do some more tests.

Let me know how it works for you!

...Doug

#2 Yan_VN

Yan_VN

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

It don't work on Teclast P85

#3 DLung

DLung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

It don't work on Teclast P85

Post a copy of your original and modified build.prop files and I'll see if I can find anything that might be blocking it.

...Doug

#4 vicrntedeb

vicrntedeb

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Yan_vn try to move the circle of the bar time playback a little (youtube.com with opera browser). Then it works with pauses but works with the last ICS versiĆ³n alowed in teclast.com
Tell me If that works for you

Edited by vicrntedeb, 02 April 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#5 Yan_VN

Yan_VN

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

The flash is working on my teclast P85 with rom 4.0.3 v1.1 that has been released in 31/3/2012

#6 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Anyone got someway to get Netflix working?
My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#7 F&LSuperstore

F&LSuperstore

Advanced Member

• Authorized Business Seller (ABS)
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Anyone got someway to get Netflix working?

Soon as 4.0.4 comes out it is supposed to have software emulation for decoding from what Ampped tells me. So probably going to have to wait till then.
Posted Image
Frank, President
F&L Superstore - www.flsuperstore.com
email: frank@flsuperstore.com
blog: flsuperstore.wordpress.com
MSN: flsuperstore@gmail.com

#8 jonbtrini

jonbtrini

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hmm, gonna have to try this.