ICOO D90W Incompatible?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 seabassiam

seabassiam

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

I just got my new ICOO D90W and all was well until i tried to download games/apps from Google Play and could not and was given that alert: "Your device is not compatible with this game"
Is there something I need to set, or install to fix this? Is it a defective device? Everything else works so far.
My specs are:
ICOO D90W
Android 4.0.3.
Kernel 3.0.8. Build 20120229.101901
16GB HDSD

Thanks for any help.
Sean

#2 LVL

LVL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Please use the search forum. It's a common problem!

#3 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

You device isn't defective. Welcome to the wonderful wide world of Chinese Android tablets. Not everything works with them. Guess what though, not everything works with the SGS II either. So really, welcome to Android. Chinese compatibility is going to be a bit slimmer, but in general Android is pretty fragmented. I mean, think about it, it is installed on a ridiculous number of different devices in just about every imaginable configuration. Not all apps work with all devices. Devs are also over-protective of what they will allow their apps to be installed on. This is more often the case.

Sideloading is the only option for many apps unfortunatley. But there are fixes for the market and all kind of other things. As the other poster said, you are going to have to do some searching on Slatedroid and possibly some google-fu.

Kind regards,

Roman

Edited by Roman2025, 06 April 2012 - 04:20 PM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#4 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

hint, hint. Most of us get around Market issue by changing out our build.props. =)

Other option is to find the apps and side load them through USB key or micro SD card.

Android does app compatibility by device you have. Someone is too lazy to add your device (D90W) as compatible with these apps. So, even though very good chance they would work they are not downloadable.

A build.prop for some other A10 device should work for you. Make sure you get build.prop for Android 4 (since OS you're using) + same resolution as your tablet.

Edited by Nickos-V, 06 April 2012 - 04:42 PM.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#5 pappas81

pappas81

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

google-fu ...hahaha epic...

There is another way through some xmlfiles in root... search in this forum and xda-developers for more info... And if you manage to bypass this problem and you see that some games run but have some glitches maybe you should try Chainfire 3D with it's plugins and if you are lucky enough , you will able to run the game you want...Of course this only applies to OpenGL 3D games ... The biggest plague of Chinese Tablets incompatibility is the screen resolution since no official and popular device uses that resolution...

#6 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

You can find the xmlfiles solution in the first post of my Sanei thread here

http://www.slatedroi...30378-Sanei-N90

Jez

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users