• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fazer

Fazer

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hello.
Newbie to tablets and forum so please dont judge me too harsly if this seems simple to solve.
I got my Elf 2 weeks ago, impressed with it so far, one of the main reason I bought this was not only price but allowing mobile internet connection via a Huawei E122 modem.
I have the said USB 3G dongle/Modem on the 3 network (UK) for 2 years and have had no issue with it on my laptop, regonises it no problem auto installs the bit of software/programme I assume preinstalled on the dongle.
I know my USB on the tablet works ok, I have connected a usb pendrive with no problems, but when I connect the dongle/modem, the Elf does nothing.
I have tried to go into mobile networks on the Elf, and every time I press it displays 'Unfortunately, Settings has stopped'.
Installed on Elf.
Nova Launcher 1.0.2
Andriod 4.0.3
Baseband version 0.4
Kernal version 3.0.8+
Any help to solve this and allow me to get mobile internet would be great.
Thanks.

#2 Dansplans

Dansplans

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hello.
Newbie to tablets and forum so please dont judge me too harsly if this seems simple to solve.
I got my Elf 2 weeks ago, impressed with it so far, one of the main reason I bought this was not only price but allowing mobile internet connection via a Huawei E122 modem.
I have the said USB 3G dongle/Modem on the 3 network (UK) for 2 years and have had no issue with it on my laptop, regonises it no problem auto installs the bit of software/programme I assume preinstalled on the dongle.
I know my USB on the tablet works ok, I have connected a usb pendrive with no problems, but when I connect the dongle/modem, the Elf does nothing.
I have tried to go into mobile networks on the Elf, and every time I press it displays 'Unfortunately, Settings has stopped'.
Installed on Elf.
Nova Launcher 1.0.2
Andriod 4.0.3
Baseband version 0.4
Kernal version 3.0.8+
Any help to solve this and allow me to get mobile internet would be great.
Thanks.

A couple versions of android-kun mods as well as Elvish 0.2 have been reported compatable with some external 3G dongles.

You may need to flash a couple of firmware versions until you find one that works for you.
AndroidTabletFirmware.com
FlashMyAndroid.com

Ainol Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II
OEM Novo 7 Advanced
Ainol Novo 7 Elf
Ainol Novo 7 Aurora
Teclast P76
C91 Zepad
Onda Vi10 Elite Elf
Ampe A90

0 user(s) are reading this topic