Teclast P85

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 torben

torben

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

I have a Teclast P85 with R3066. It has ICS 4.04 on it and I want to root it so I can remove the chinese apps on it.

I am new to this. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks

#22 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

I have a Teclast P85 with R3066. It has ICS 4.04 on it and I want to root it so I can remove the chinese apps on it.

I am new to this. Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks

Sausagescript has an option to remove the "non-english" apps. It may not remove all of them, but was setup for one of the releases of ICS on this device to remove all of them.

It's been a while, but Teclast appears to have Android 4.04 for these devices. http://file2.mydrive...-V1.00-8562.zip

Has anyone been able to get CyanogenMod to work on this device? The patch does not seem to be hard to create, if it's not been done yet. The biggest part is changing up the touchscreen and LCD drivers most likely.
My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#23 GPLOW

GPLOW

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

Sausagescript has an option to remove the "non-english" apps. It may not remove all of them, but was setup for one of the releases of ICS on this device to remove all of them.

It's been a while, but Teclast appears to have Android 4.04 for these devices. http://file2.mydrive...-V1.00-8562.zip

Has anyone been able to get CyanogenMod to work on this device? The patch does not seem to be hard to create, if it's not been done yet. The biggest part is changing up the touchscreen and LCD drivers most likely.

I have a Teclast P85 (R8A1). It does not comes with google play store. Try to install v3.10.10 but does not work. What are the apk files that I need to install and run. Thank you

#24 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

I have a Teclast P85 (R8A1). It does not comes with google play store. Try to install v3.10.10 but does not work. What are the apk files that I need to install and run. Thank you

The script will install this for you, or you can likely download it from the internet. "does not work" is vague, and doesn't give much detail for anyone to offer assistance.
My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.