23 replies to this topic

#1 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hello! Thought I would check here to see if anyone has a P85 yet, or knows anything about them. I've posted in another group and I'm gathering up information, thought this would be a good place to start! Any Teclast experts out here know if any of the Teclast tablets have a good working version of ICS (where flash works, probably released in the last few weeks)? Just wondering how their firmware they release compares to that of other Allwinner tablets? The P85 I got for testing, once I loaded ICS the GAPPs was not as solid as I would have hoped. I may end up writing a script or releasing a ROM with GAPPs sometime in the future, or if anyone else has had this same problem with another Teclast then if you can tell us what you did that would be great. Also, I released a version of SausageScript for the tablet, over in the Allwinner forum (top-level). Pretty much option 4 will remove many of the non-English apps on the device, and option 5.elf on the device since it's a higher resolution device, will SausageMod the device. I'm not sure what the baseband is that comes with the tablet, when you load the latest ICS, but I'm thinking it's .7 or earlier. I look forward to hearing more about this most beautiful tablet!

Gingerbread Firmware release 3/15

There's also an ICS version that doesn't have all the GAPPS.

Here's a pic:

Posted Image

Edited by fatesausage, 26 March 2012 - 01:24 PM.

My Current Tablets:
Renesas Dual/A9 Android 2.2
Rexing V7/Android 4.0.3 (basically a A10 Ployer Momo9)
Cube U18GT Elite--RK3066 Dual Core

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

If I helped you, click here to help me, buy me a beer, or some coffee.

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#2 Casper24

Casper24

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBoston, TN

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hello! Thought I would check here to see if anyone has a P85 yet, or knows anything about them. I've posted in another group and I'm gathering up information, thought this would be a good place to start! Any Teclast experts out here know if any of the Teclast tablets have a good working version of ICS (where flash works, probably released in the last few weeks)? Just wondering how their firmware they release compares to that of other Allwinner tablets? The P85 I got for testing, once I loaded ICS the GAPPs was not as solid as I would have hoped. I may end up writing a script or releasing a ROM with GAPPs sometime in the future, or if anyone else has had this same problem with another Teclast then if you can tell us what you did that would be great. Also, I released a version of SausageScript for the tablet, over in the Allwinner forum (top-level). Pretty much option 4 will remove many of the non-English apps on the device, and option 5.elf on the device since it's a higher resolution device, will SausageMod the device. I'm not sure what the baseband is that comes with the tablet, when you load the latest ICS, but I'm thinking it's .7 or earlier. I look forward to hearing more about this most beautiful tablet!

Gingerbread Firmware release 3/15

There's also an ICS version that doesn't have all the GAPPS.

Here are a couple of threads I found on the P85. I like the construction and size of the device, just need to get it cranked up a little more. The second thread has some links for ICS firmware from Teclast.

http://tabletrepubli...t-p85-1342.html

http://tabletrepubli...p85-1342-2.html
www.ssfhtn.ecrater.com

Great tablets from the Great State of Tennessee

#3 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Here are a couple of threads I found on the P85. I like the construction and size of the device, just need to get it cranked up a little more. The second thread has some links for ICS firmware from Teclast.

http://tabletrepubli...t-p85-1342.html

http://tabletrepubli...p85-1342-2.html

Thanks Casper, you're a bright young lad!
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SausageScript for the RK3066 tablets, based on the Cube U18GT 1.06 firmware, still useful for many RK3066 tablets and possibly others

Guide to extended market access, updated on occaision useful for many Android versions

SD classifieds
I have a Renesas Rena3 and Momo9 tablets. PM me if you would like to buy one, and I'll give you a deal.

#4 Yan_VN

Yan_VN

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:28 AM

Anyone know how to use 3g for teclast P85? Plz help me!

#5 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Anyone know how to use 3g for teclast P85? Plz help me!

You should post this back to the main forum, rather than this thread. You'll get more help and it's likely someone else has had the issue on another Teclast device...
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#6 gulfstream

gulfstream

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hi guys,

Bought this tablet a couple of weeks ago. Like the resolution (1024x768, like the iPad) and it's smaller size. Hope you don't mind a few silly questions:

1. What are the buttons on the side of the tablet? I sort of figured out middle is home and single button on right is on/off. What about the other two?
2. How do I do a factory reset of this tablet?
3. What is the button sequence to use when flashing with LiveSuit?
4. Is there no English version of LiveSuit (I only have the ones in Chinese)?

Doing some reading up before flashing the new ICS rom + appropriate scripts...

#7 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

1. Those buttons can be identified by their universal symbols on the back panel. If you long press on one set of them, then they'll change the volume.
2. Factory reset is done in the settings screen.
3. Use the key that should be volume + (sometimes volume - works), hold it down, plug in the USB cord, then press the power button 5-6 times. Actually on the P85 you may not have to press the power button.
4. 1.09 is a little better as far as livesuit goes. There's a copy of it in my script download for ICS, see my signature for the latest one.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#8 gulfstream

gulfstream

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

1. Those buttons can be identified by their universal symbols on the back panel. If you long press on one set of them, then they'll change the volume.
2. Factory reset is done in the settings screen.
3. Use the key that should be volume + (sometimes volume - works), hold it down, plug in the USB cord, then press the power button 5-6 times. Actually on the P85 you may not have to press the power button.
4. 1.09 is a little better as far as livesuit goes. There's a copy of it in my script download for ICS, see my signature for the latest one.

Thanks! Did not realize there were symbols to the buttons until you pointed it out!

#9 cteo

cteo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

how to set wifi to never sleep in ICS?
i go to advanced wifi but it doesn't show the setting.
there is only Network notification, MAC address & IP adress.

#10 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

how to set wifi to never sleep in ICS?
i go to advanced wifi but it doesn't show the setting.
there is only Network notification, MAC address & IP adress.

See if you can do it in "Spare Parts" app.
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#11 Ill

Ill

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, RU

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hi fatesausage, I have used your script SausageScript04.090.2 on my Teclast P85, and I have encountered some bugs which I can't put up with.
So I have decided to write my own script specifically for Teclast P85.
It can do three things:
  • Remove chinese crapware
  • Install Gapps and fix Gplay permissions
  • Install any additional software you have
I wonder if anyone is interested in this script and where should I post it if so.
War does not determine who is right - only who is left

#12 mpman

mpman

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hi fatesausage, I have used your script SausageScript04.090.2 on my Teclast P85, and I have encountered some bugs which I can't put up with.
It can do three things:

I wonder if anyone is interested in this script and where should I post it if so.

Yes! Please! Post it to mediafire? or anywhere! :)

#13 fatesausage

fatesausage

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

It can do three things:

You should definitely post it. I don't have any P85s to test it on any longer, although I know some people that do. It would be nice if they'd publish a firmware update for those too...
My Current Tablets:

Cube U18GT Elite thread

SD classifieds

#14 Ill

Ill

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

Ok, then. I have added a couple of things to the script since my last post.
Won't bother you with the instructions. I think it should be intuitive.
One thing I need to tell about the script:
Please don't change the crapware.txt, recovery.img and directory names in the archive (feel free to change their contents instead)

So, I have two archives here.
Full version includes Livesuit and Chinese ICS 4.0.3-v1.1 - MD5
Lite version has only the script itself and a couple of useful apks - MD5

Enjoy, :D

#15 Prabhakar

Prabhakar

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

Ok, then. I have added a couple of things to the script since my last post.
Won't bother you with the instructions. I think it should be intuitive.
One thing I need to tell about the script:
Please don't change the crapware.txt, recovery.img and directory names in the archive (feel free to change their contents instead)

So, I have two archives here.
Full version includes Livesuit and Chinese ICS 4.0.3-v1.1 - MD5
Lite version has only the script itself and a couple of useful apks - MD5

Enjoy, :D

Hi. I am new to this forum. I have upgraded my teclast p85 to ICS 4. That worked great. After one day, I have done factory reset again and now Internal memory is showing 0.00B. I am not able to do any installations nor any of my settings are getting saved. All the time device is reseted to chinese version of ICS 4 with basic apps installed.

Guys please help me!

I have no option to call for the technical person from Teclast or the seller. Some firmware might got removed. Please help!

#16 Ill

Ill

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:16 PM

Hi. I am new to this forum. I have upgraded my teclast p85 to ICS 4. That worked great. After one day, I have done factory reset again and now Internal memory is showing 0.00B. I am not able to do any installations nor any of my settings are getting saved. All the time device is reseted to chinese version of ICS 4 with basic apps installed.

If you doubt something, always make sure to have the full backup ready. It can be achieved via CWM recovery.

#17 Dennis 05

Dennis 05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAngola

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

I have just received 2 Teclast P85 and could see some bugs like the volume buttons issue and the stock video player won't play any movies. Does this scipt solve those issues and how can I install it? Thanks.

#18 Dennis 05

Dennis 05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAngola

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

I can see that the instructions are inside the scrip program.

#19 Dennis 05

Dennis 05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAngola

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

Will this scrip work with Onda vi30 ultimate? It has the same processor.

#20 Dennis 05

Dennis 05

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAngola

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

I tested the illtools scrip on an Onda vi30 ultimate. I choosed the option to expand google play compatibility. It worked google play now show more apps but the device is very unstable now with the launcher always closing. I will do a factory reset.