Android Tablets Forum banner

TeamDRH Build.prop

11K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  greamec 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I've been experimenting with editing build.prop to improve app compatibility on the TeamDRH rom.

With default build.prop, GTA 3 installs, downloads additional files, but hangs on a black screen after booting.

Editing build.prop to:

ro.product.model=A500
ro.product.brand=acer
ro.product.name=a500_ww_gen1

Then reinstalling and downloading files allows GTA3 to boot but crashes halfway through the intro movie after starting a new game.

In addition to this, real football 2012 runs, whereas it doesn't with default build.prop

I'm hoping that some others can help experiment editing to find the best build.prop for this rom

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
quote from ICS Valentines day eddition regarding sysctl

Download "sysctl config" from the store..

start it and type this in the "min free kbytes" "16384" push apply, reboot...

The above was suggested to get GTA running, might help.

Have you tried to adjust the lcd density (ro.sf.lcd_density=), I know fards felt 160 was best density (also it has some bearing on app compatibility), DRH ROM is 120 by default, I havn't played with this value. There are apps in the store that change this value.

I do know in the past that messing with the density has caused pad to brick so be careful.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am having trouble playing gameloft games like N.O.V.A. 2 and Golf 3 on my tab. Tried other kernels, apps, and build props. Any ideas?

Basically the prop given allows me to download the additional files but when it downloads it is almost like it is offset to the left and from the bottom. I also have some problems with touch ability on Golf 3 and N.O.V.A. 2 just crashes after the intro video. I still feel like it has to do with the game being offset for some reason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.